Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Melina Red

Melina Red Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I truly hope yuri novel get adapt to Chinese drama.

LNOnlineOtaku likes this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It appeared in dynasty reader since a while ago and sadly no more updates.

3. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys mistress novel got updates. Really hope i can see the foreshadowing of yuri in it (didn't start).

And the manga of Arata appeared in Dynasty.

Edit: finished the chapters, damn the sleeping rape was quite arousing (i wonder who was the man? is it the cousin? if so why is he drunk and smoking?). Also it ends on a cliff, damnit!
    Now i really can't wait to see yuri bloom. I can only hope that i won't need to wait for a long time.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  4. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    :notlikeblob: I got caught off-guard by today's chapter... My skin is still crawling.

Luckily we had a lot of yuri updates today. "City of Slumber" is a little silly, but I'm finding it quite healing and fluffy and warm~! :blobmelt:
    Also, it looks like "Ice's Yearning" might go the way of "Albino & Witch". Not what I expected, but it will be interesting to see how this one develops.

5. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Fluffy and warm ? Now you interest me. As long it don't have a 180% turn plot twist like the demon that reincarnated as a human girl novel. A review said it suddenly turned bloody and violent.

Edit: aaaaah now i remember that i checked out Slumber, well... kinda interested kinda not. I will wait a little more and ask you when the yuri trully begins.
    PS: even though it's a necessity, i don't like the shounen-ai subplot.

6. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey ho~! I don't know if my fellow comrades know about this manga~ But I found a really cute Shoujo-Ai manga called 'Nekomusume Shoukougun' as it's about cat girls that is very cute~! I swear I am gonna have diabetes at this rate~!

Moonpearl likes this.
  7. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    At what stage do you consider the yuri to have started? Just so I know what to look out for.

8. Jass

Jass Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Curiously, do you guys have any yuri that are more on the violent side? Ones with grimmer tones at the start of the story, such as On a Leash by Aji. Most of the yuri I encounter are kinda too soft for my tastes, being set in a modern world or just too sweet for my liking.

ChickenBakuba likes this.
  9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but again something that was posted some time ago. But yeah, it's fluffy as hell. Really need a Moe up the butt of dynasty.
    Really like it a lot, but somehow too bad that latest chapters introduce new chara and not focused on the yuri between the 2 protags.
    Hmmmm good question. I would say when the readers know that both are in love with each other OR when they do acts of romance, like kissing or holding hands but that would rare or near the end maybe.
    You new ? Go to dynasty reader for all yuri translated books.
    Here a violent one:
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_end_for_you
    Violence/bullying but with a good ending (well as long the 2 girls don't do any crimes when they grow up).
    After that just click on the violence or bullying tag.
    A other one: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rooftop_1#1
    I love rape ones but sadly the ending is not that good (the victim is still sad/not happy and don't seem to want to be with the other girl). I guess we can only imagine a future where both are happy together. I would still prefer seeing a proper end for them by the same author.

Somehow i think a "good ending" and "bad ending" tag for dynasty would be really nice. I prefer to be spoiled then be hurt by something bad. One exemple would be the oneshot about 2 girls joking around being ultra close, even posting a marriage form but at the end MC knows it won't become true and is sad. I was quite saddened by the end and angry for the ones that didn't put drama tag because it would spoil the ending (comments said).

10. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the newest Yuri harem manga called 'Minori & 100 Ladies'~! Kyaaa~! So cute~!
    really~? I just happen to found it though so maybe they don't post the chapters that often~? Oh well~

Loving the 'happy end for you'~! I'm gonna look for some more of it or do you happen to know anymore similar to stuff like this~?

11. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Read Minori too, it's quite cute. Also got the same question then a comment: why is the girl hiding from the other one ?
    What i really fear is that it becomes a harem of 100 ladies. I just hope it won't become true.

Catulus, yep not posted often. Maybe it's a monthly release.

Lol why are you happy about it when it was not for you? xD
    Hmmmmm i don't really remember any good one in the same type.
    Maybe the best question would what do you search ? You liked the childhood friendship ? The drama ? The come-back from darkness ? The yandere moment ? Or the fluffy (and also disturbing) happy giggling between the heroines ?
    You could try The Girl I Admire from author of Gamma (already suggested in earlier pages), quite rapey.
    Or https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/mono_eye. (From same author : Angel's Paraphilia is decent, but not arousing, drama is minimal or even non-existant. World of Yuri It's quite bad with a strange dark story also not arousing again because too short sex scenes.) Wtf with this author trying to do by pulling out only dark yuri ? Totally the contrary of me that only wants fluffy yuri (+rape).

Keitaro123 likes this.
  12. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    The Loli was the cutest though~! I wanted to see more scenes like that in the future too~!
    Well~ I really don't mind for it to be 100 harem members as long as there is Yuri~! So it's completely fine with me~!

About Catalus~ I really do hope it's a monthly release~ because it's going to suck if it's one of those Mangas that are not going to get translated much because of the translations team not having much motivation~!

I'm happy as long as it is Yuri Yo~!
    Well I do like Yandere Yuri the most and I remember there was a novel about that here in NU but it stopped right after posting that one single chapter~! It really sucks~!
    Well I do like a little R section until the one being attacked slowly succumbing to the attacks~! -drools- ah no good~! I might attack my cute twin sister at this rate~!

On another note~! I just found another Yuri manga called 'Killing Me!!'. It's about a female Vampire hunter against a Vampire gunning for her~!

13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll let you know when they go further than fanservice.

"Female General and Eldest Princess" is a more serious novel about politics, with a little bit of violence while the "general" is fighting in the war.

For anime, I'd recommend "Akuma no Riddle". It's a short anime about a class in which only one girl is "normal", and all the others are assassins hired to kill her. It has a manga, but I think the anime is just slightly better.
    I also recommend the series version of "Revolutionary Girl Utena", if you can stomach it. It's an allegorical anime focused on cycles of abuse, gender roles, and the deconstruction of fairytales, amongst many other things. There's more than just yuri in it, but the main couple have an extremely complex and bittersweet relationship. However, it's full of rape, incest, physical abuse, paedophilia, and other such things, so be be careful if you do try it out.

I also recently read quite a violent yuri manga, called "Marriage Black". It's a sort of Romeo and Juliet between two women who are daughters of rival criminal families. One of them is selected to marry the other's brother, in order to bring their families together and end the feuding, but she shoots him on the wedding day and goes on the run.

14. Melina Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone finish reading mistress I was wrong in raw sites.
    Please spoiler about it.
    I am current at 38 chapters. I love this novel so far. I like how their relationship and interact. Female lead started falling in love with her. I think she will become dark yandere.

15. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    Did anyone saw the new Yuri manga called 'The Devil's Cure' yet~? It's mostly comedic but it's also cute~!

16. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    WHAT ?! IT NEEDS 38 CHAPTERS BEFORE SHE FALLS ?! Damnit............................................. that will be long, really long.
    Not sure if you knew and didn't bothered to change the term but it's not JP, at least i don't remember it as JP.
    But kinda meh for me, didn't check latest chapters but yuri was kinda non-existant between the 2.

17. Melina Red

Reading List:
    Link
    No I just think or feel she will become yandere later because when mc and female lead was trap in illusion. Female lead become dark yandere or cold devil who killed all people and even destroyed world. When she wake up from illusion, she dislike illusion and how she become devil. She think life/world is wonderful and beautiful because of meeting mc. She want to cherished mc.
    she get jealous and possessive when mc talk with her patient/friend.
    This is best novel so far, I like their relationship development.Their relationship is cute, sweet and amusing. I feel warming when they kiss. I like how female lead dote on mc. She solves thing for her like when a rude girl trying to beat/trouble her, female lead beat them. She give cute pets and plants for her. Mc is alchemy, she does pill more than cultivation. Female lead is stronger and has many different magic spirit. She is adopted not blood mc's sister. Her background is mystery.
    I kinda drop at 50 chapters because brain hard by reading mtl

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    ?????? I never talked about you talking about yandere. I just said that i find 38 chapters kinda long before romance starts (12 would be a good number).

19. ChickenBakuba

ChickenBakuba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oo is that good? I'll read that if it is

20. Melina Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it’s good novel.
    I hope someone finish read it and spoil it.