Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    And NU won't notify me about anything in this thread. Cool

Moonpearl likes this.
  2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    It does that sometimes, for some reason. I swear I check everytime I get a notification, but I still don't get a new one sometimes.

At least catching up should usually fix it?

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  3. Yairy

Yairy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here. I figured everyone was being quiet until I jumped in....

And yeah, 8 was seriously good. I had to read it a 2nd time to overflow my anguish meter.

Moonpearl likes this.
  4. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik and Yairy like this.
  5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC revealed more in 10 ch and FL as full airhead lead to steamy resolution. :blobthinkingsmirk:
    Interesting recommendation. Doesn't both novels are from same author?
    And yep, those summary can be misleading. Have the same situation yesterday:
    Had finishing When the Hacker is Forced to Marry TL. Good small solid sci-fi story by the way.
    Was interested in other work from same author that TL mentioned and translated summary:
    Did my wife go offline today》
    Xu Youlin is a genius with outstanding abilities, and she had shouldered the expectations of her country as she completed the missions for her country for n years now.
    Xu Youlin has a wife who is domineering, beautiful, and rich. She is also Xu Youlin’s ideal type.
    Xu Youlin is reluctant to let her wife know her true identity and has to get up early every day to try to hide her world from her wife.
    Xie Xuan is also a genius with outstanding abilities and she too shouldered the expectations of her country as she completed the missions for her country for n years now.
    After getting injured, her country has finally given her a long vacation and allowed her to go home to inherit the family business.
    During her leave, she met a little cutie and got married, beginning her happy and content life.
    However, she recently discovered the person she loved the most is hiding something from her. But what could it be?

Is she cheating on me?!!

Xie Xuan will not be resigned to such a fate and so she contacted her country. She prepared to go back into the field and use their resources to investigate what her wife was doing at the same time.
    Xu Youlin: “Why do I feel like the captain of the team next-door looks a little like my wife?”
    Xie Xuan: “Why do I feel like the eyes of the captain of the team next-door don’t seem quite right?
    -A story about two bigshot special agents who pretend to be ordinary people and got married before they discovered they were colleagues.
    -A black-bellied little white lotus special agent x An aloof but irritable and fiery special agent
    -A pseudo-entertainment circle article
    -Modern era
    Was expecting comedic story when both overpowered agents are hide from each other while working undercover. I was wrong. Summary was basically badly and incorrectly told plot synopsis. Not only MC was not top agent and not even captain of her group. MC and FL doesn't even meet before. And whole story is basically how they grow close to each other.
    But even if I hadn't receive what I expect I had read something interesting.
    MC is one of martial arts performers in entertainment industry. With her small statue and cute flower visible personality she had trouble with current boss of her agency group. Fortunately her arts are not just for show and she has second personality. She is awakened person with superpowers (rank 5 water). One of the genius of superpower secret bureau. But due to help of her captain she receive item that change her appearance so nobody knows who she is and what she looks like in reality.

FL is cold and unfriendly captain of second team and had 6 level fire system but due to forced upgrade in combat she shattered power core and cannot use powers at all. So she was forced to be on vacation. During this she decides to take control of her parents business in entertainment industry.

And during some accident MC met FL while breaking through to 6lvl and receive ice abilities. So two persons: one visibly cute airhead girl with water/ice power met another cold on exterior fire power. And opposites attracts to each other. Moreover MC had unfoseen special effect when close to FL - she began repair FL power core. But that will became known to them much later.
    Story had some comedic moments. Romance is fluffy enough. Had some dark moments and dark pasts and troubles. Overall it's story about two superpower people who slowly but surely fell in love with other while not knowing their real identity. And while being close when filming and protecting and fearing for each other because they both think that other side is normal person. It has good combat scenes and nice plot and conspiracy. So even if summary is not enough close to real story it's still good story.
    So even if you receive not what you expect give story a chance maybe it will surprise you.
    Overall mark 7.5/10 - with (-1) for lacklustre ending.
    It basically ends with end of final battle. Author said that there will be extra but near year later there are none.
    I hope everything will be fine in the end. Overbearing impulsive parents can be frustrating.
    :blob_tilt: Xianxia and interstellar fantasy? How they even mixed?
    I'll add my favourite things in MTL
    - there is constant shift in gender of person sometime even in one sentence. I don't even know what real gender of one main side character even when read fully novel. (who needs fixed gender... )
    - due to language specific you can read that MC is talking to MC (oh schizophrenia)
    - due to chinese name specific they can be fully translated (for example something like - clear water watching at Jun Chang) that add more chaos to full story (if it is historical it's even more brainwrecking)
    - unknown terms translated to completely unrelated things. (constantly seeing in translation where superhumans can be called protoss, beast world - warcraft and so on).

It really like different language that based on English in some way.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    AsianessPride and Moonpearl like this.
  6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Some sublimely divine art that just popped up on Dynasty. Just... perfection in style, composition, vibe, everything.
    [​IMG]
    The link for those still unable to see it: https://dynasty-scans.com/images/15914

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  7. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm afraid it's not working this time, even when replying.

8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    img now fixed and in the spoiler

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? Can’t see it

10. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading this
    怀了反派boss的崽
    basically another running away with a bun: yuri ver. interstellar, mc is a movie queen ss omega, fl is major general ss alpha.
    mc ran away from fl cos she knew big boss bad end, but she got used to how fl is protecting and being gentle to her. very fun and full of suspense esp when the plot on book kicks in. Heroine and book protagonist are still on good terms with mc family even after truth reveal.

Also mc and fl daughteru ss alpha Bun (12yo) on the extra become the biggest winner cos she held two omega babies on each arm, her future wife Lan (a princess) and her little sister Dumpling. and they were harmonious haha.
    ... Mc have food nickname to her children haha.

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  11. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ubik
    no, not mixed, but if you want xianxia/interstellar, the I'm just a pharmacist - the one I have recommended few pages ago fits. The summary and the story didn't match, mc is a super godly pharmacist.

Ubik likes this.
  12. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still reading this, but the first 10 ch plot is basically:
    mc got teased by the editor that her wife might not love her, ask for a divorce, fl parents proposed 3 month break before if they agreed to divorce, fl had her assistant acting like a white lotus green tea b*tch who is thirsty for fl, mc get jelly and claims fl is derailed, fl is saying she's not, etc. So mc, fl and assistant (Zhuai) went to eat and movie together (and assistant felt like a big light bulb being fed dog food, she didn't like fl like that but was paid to act). mc feel insecure, then she remembered the assistant liked rich people, and remembered one of her female fan. mc decided to hook up fan and the assistant.
    fl be like: assistant, do you like male or female?
    assistant: cries without tears. boss, I was wronged!
    and then the assistant is chasing mc's rich fan... and I'm pausing at reading this.
    basically mc and fl didn't want to divorce at all, mc just being insecure want fl to spends more time with her, fl is chasing her wife back. kinda like groveling in the crematorium genre, but somehow it wasn't that bad, mc and fl still liked each other.

AsianessPride likes this.
  13. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm too sinful so nu won't lemme see it

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the idea of stories of a couple going through a divorce because they haven't spent much time together, but the FL tries to chase after the MC because she still truly loves her, but was just a massive workaholic or something. If anyone knows any stories like that, let me know. Preferably English-based though. MTL does hurt my soul.

15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's lewd! XD

Sabruness likes this.
  16. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Lily Marble get axed? Also pocha climb tl continues with different tl.... good~

Ubik likes this.
  17. Yairy

Yairy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading through the Yuri Anthology and they're very good so far. So many kinds of stories and they are all enjoyable in their own ways.

Great job everyone who entered. :aww:

AsianessPride and Moonpearl like this.
  18. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? pfff

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Man the Oregairu s3 op/ed is really going all in for the yuri vibes,

Oregairu S3 OP "Megumi no Ame" by Nagi Yanagi
    https://streamable.com/1smaj2

Oregairu S3 ED "Diamond no Jundo" by Saori Hayami (Yukino) and Nao Touyama (Yui)
    https://streamable.com/vs0tv6

If I did not know anything about Oregairu and some said it was a light yuri show and showed me this two songs, I would have believed it.