Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's the other novel,
    《我的死神室友》
    That have Murong as one of the protagonist.
    This one 泾渭情殇 and this one 丑侠 is related btw
    It's xianxia I think

2. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read that baby one, there were time skip, then they want back to time like wtf, FL when knew MC memory loss said she will chase her (basically grivelling in crematorium genre) and fl told mc she fell in love in first sight lol and when mc went back in time and told fl impossible I was like, lol.
    Did mc ever get forward and time skip again, if yes which ch, I miss the daughteru

In the joara bit, I am interested at trying reading korean, I'll see if another raw source is available. I do prefer to listen text to speech than reading haha.

3. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I have come with some interesting novel which I'm interested to tl later:
    带着异能穿原始
    作者:梦云淡风轻
    MC Lin Tang is bound with The World Domination System... After she played World Domination game (read kinda like Age of Empire). MC is sent to primitive/stone age world, with spices and various food or drinks as her gacha rewards. mc saw a lil black cat, and found out she met beastkin tribe. MC is a lucksack girl, every time she drew gacha she got the best, her power is light and healing power. 100% fun. fl power is dark ohko power vest damager. fl is actually yanrezu to mc but didn't know it yet, so gentle sister x yanrezu black cat

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  4. Eggy Tart

Eggy Tart Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I didn't know about this one. I'll check it out. Thanks

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    My Disciple Consumes Too Much new chapter update by MXYX. Me seeing it be like :aww::aww::aww:

Ubik, Moonpearl and Yairy like this.
  6. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    It was... basically you mix up a bunch of western disney fairy tale story, and you got that.
    MC/Ariel, MC thought Ariel fell in love with Eric cos he's the first human Ariel saw, so she deliberately came to Ariel so she's the first one she saw.
    ... Also at the end they went to Arendelle? ... Wow surprise Elsanna!
    AHAHAHAHHHHHH~~~~~

... the next world mc have a male body though, so idk if that counts as a yuri - female mind and male body.

7. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    If a novel where male mc - > female mc x boy is not yaoi then the other way around probably no too?

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    FtM Genderbender x Girl is not yuri... Genderbender is genderbender, different genres.

Sabruness likes this.
  9. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit complicated since mc ori body is female, but at that arc is a male (not cross dressing) is an easy skip option for me I guess.

10. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much

11. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_magical_girl_next_door#1
    A short fluffy masterpiece.

A short oneshot shouldn't be a masterpiece but feel that this one still deserve to be called one.

Condensed of :
    a small joke about color, childhood friends, showing detail of how they act (one study type / other sports type), reveal of a long onesided romance, the "other fluffy raping her because she was too cute" joke + combo of "implied/not shown sex", romance where they both get together, AND A PERFECT FLUFFY kinda funny ending.
    Everything of really good quality / really well shown and drawn, combined together to make a masterpiece of really short number of pages. And still perfectly half safe for work/children.
    A ultra rare note of 10/10. Even mochi au lait oneshots look a little pale in front of this fluffy oneshot.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  12. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    As a fan of the magical girl genre, that killed me. XD Ah, now I want to see a whole parody series like that...

13. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently reading this, on going story at jjwxc
    穿成反派的猫后我称霸娱乐圈
    作者:殊十一
    The Movie Queen Lin Sifei... is transmigrated into the villainess' cat.
    Meow meow meow!
    Luo Ke is given a cat by her friend, Bai Xingrui. MC who wake up is surprised that she was given as a gift to a cold woman.
    MC has read the novel, LK has a tragic be in the novel. She tried to search the pitiful heroine on LK's company, but the heroine actually kicked her and lifted by her hind legs!
    Meow! This heroine is a fake white lotus, so cruel!
    Since then, MC decided to try her best to get the white lotus b*tch to be expelled, until one day, at a feast, the heroine is actually feeding her a chocolate covered in squid! Thankfully she noticed!
    FL Luo Ke is so mad after she saw the surveillance, and decided to expell her when she's back at the company.

Very fun so far, mc is a cute cat. no romance ish, but fl has transformed into a cold idk how to raise cat iceberg into a cat con president (which everyone think shes very possessive since she won't let anyone on the office to feed the cat)
    From the summary it said MC will become human sometime in the future, I'm excited.

Tha author has another completed novel,
    穿成大小姐的炮灰保姆
    But this one, the fl is manipulative yanrezu heroine final boss pretending white lotus

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  14. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere Devil likes this.
  15. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere Devil likes this.
  16. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Other than 10 years later amnesia case at the start there weren't timeskips. Only some recollection of some past things. MC nor came back in time nor come to the future.
    As was shown later they both were responsible in relationship collapse. There was not one side road.
    And when FL found out that she still has chance to repair things due to amnesia she took that last chance wholeheartedly. And basically they met before idol meeting that MC forgot due amnesia.
    MC basically saved/helped FL before they even met officially. Maybe since then FL was interested in MC
    But that only my opinion from my pov. :blob_coffee:
    Wow. Now that is interesting. Will dig it. Thanks for recommendation. :cookie:
    :blob_pompom: Yay piglet returns!!!! And now two cats can start messing things because of her. :blob_catflip:

AsianessPride likes this.
  17. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me which chapter is after mc amnesia and fl decided to chase her again? I think after fl said that she will chase her again, mc somehow back to the past (memories?) the school thingy is kinda bored I want back to the family of three parts hahah.

Ubik likes this.
  18. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    my QT rec from recently finished jhwxc stories:

拯救大龄剩女

mc and fl always same person. 5 worlds, entertainment circle, police x student, blind prince (cross dressing) x princess, republic of china, Demon Lord x Medicine Vallew Owner Xianxia

我老婆超凶的(快穿)
    MC is a salted fish, chubby girl, and in every world, she has a fierce wife.

AsianessPride and Ubik like this.
  19. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read fully - disappointed. Sales pitch was better than the novel. System and gacha part mostly non-existent so don't think about that one.
    Not exactly bad one, but it's slow life and a very slow romance.
    MC confessed to FL only at the end of the story. Because FL lied at her age - MC thought that FL is minor and mostly didn't involve at any romantic interactions.
    Opinion - to read if there is no other much better stories.
    It's better than previous recommendation?
    You know, you kinda make me think that we read different novels
    Basically from the start MC is in 2018 instead 2008 year and yes there were extras that have been in past but them are 3-4 in whole novel.
    Specially labelled as extras. Only school parts were MC forgot to take her daughter from school...
    In what chapter FL started to catch back MC? .... for reader it's 12 when Lin Tang said clearly to Ye Mingxin (FL) that is her second and only chance. But as was seen later FL mostly wanted to repair the relationship at time of amnesia.