Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
  2. etmn_

etmn_ New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think these two are pretty sad in that they have a melancholy mood to them:
    Octave
    Woman quits being an idol and struggles finding her place in the city when she meets a woman at a laundromat.

The ends of a dream
    It shows how the relationship of two women changed throughout their lives. Be warned though, I'm not kidding when I call this one depressing. Idk how to describe it more without spoiling but just read it. You won't regret it.

Silver Gymnasium
    It's about orphans at an orphanage who grow up together. The story focuses on 3 pairs and it shows them growing up. It's very short but a great read nevertheless. The time period of the story is kinda vague but it's definitely not modern day so it sorta shows.

Idk much dark yuri manga but I guess:
    1. Miori and the Mountain Deity
    2. Kimi ga niku ni nattemo

Deleted member 343051 likes this.
  3. beckytwom

beckytwom Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently read https://www.novelupdates.com/series/story-about-buying-my-classmate-once-a-week/. Although only two translated chapters, I found it rather... interesting? It is not often I read about a girl forcing another girl to lick her feet for.. money she did not need. The characters made me rather curious so I decided to read the raws, and I was not disappointed. It is similar to Adachi and shimura in some ways and they are rather cute. Contrary to what you would expect from the synopsis, it is not bdsm, and offers more... realistic thinking of the situation they are in. With plentiful chapters and some pretty hot(?) scenes depending on what you like, it was enjoyable.

4. beckytwom

beckytwom Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I finished all the raws that are available, and I have to say that I really like it. Its not often that a story continues further than high school. I like the dynamic of their relationship and I like how she spoiles mc so much and how forgiving and kind the heroine is. I don’t even like tsunderes but even though mc feels like a huge tsundere I still like her a lot for some reason. Their possessiveness towards each other is also very to my taste, that they want all of each other and they even give each other hickeys almost every other day to make it so that the other remembers them no matter where they go.Highly recommended, but it might not be everyone’s taste.

5. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    We have a New GL Manhwa adapted from the Novel I recommended before!
    Title: This World Is Mine

Description:
    5 years of experience as a web fiction writer, 20 published works and many others. And an well known writer Woo Yeon has decided to publish the book of her GL fantasy novel "I was imprisoned by a tyrant" and went to a meeting with the publishing company.

While talking with the PD in charge at the publishing company, Woo Yeon is kidnapped by a blonde-haired woman with a look that seems to have seen it from somewhere, without knowing the reason. It was also a moment of embarrassment, when she woke up, she was amazed to learn that the person who kidnapped her was none other than Charlize Rod Crossel, the fifth princess of Chiral.

It is Charlize Rod Crossel, a supporting character who died in an unfair accusation to make the protagonists Lilian Rod Crossel and Orion Lee Or'Nil stand out in <She was imprisoned by a tyrant>.

Woo Yeon faints confused whether it is a dream or reality, and when Charlize finally imprint her with slave seal, she makes her live in 'this world' as her possessions..

BookLink:
    https://ridibooks.com/books/2877007696
    Manhua Link
    https://www.comico.kr/comic/8206

F72EF1E0-79A4-4E64-B0C5-7C0BBC8A9DEF.jpeg F4298DA0-AB65-4A4C-B07D-842D87267AF2.jpeg

6. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2022) is now open~!

Hi everyone~! Sorry for being gone so long – my health completely caved in and I haven’t been well for a long time.

I’m still not completely better, but I think I’m well enough to launch my favourite summer event: The Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2022)~!

You can read the rules here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/the-yuri-garden-writing-competition-2022.6792/

Or read the entries here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/502302/the-yuri-garden-writing-competition-/

compass96, strayCat0, Ddraig and 2 others like this.
  7. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s been a while since the last one. I’m excited to see how many quality works are submitted. It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything but it seems I still have a good amount of NUB $$ so I’ll donate $5000. Just gotta remember how to do it

Moonpearl likes this.
  8. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recs Quick Transmigration
    我靠恋爱变聪明[快穿] 冰镇水果
    I became smart by love.
    Mc is vegetative irl and meet a system, and she will get her intelligence back if she did the tasks.
    千万不要惹白月光[快穿] 二六栗
    Don't mess with white moonlight
    The mc become white moonlight in many reader's heart. QT story hopping.
    Oh both of them can be searched at 52shuku . Vip

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Autumnides

Autumnides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rec me some rivals/enemies turned to lovers pls!

11. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently rechecking all interstellar gl since I remembered a gl novel I read before about mc owned a planet, fl family sells nutrient solutions or something
    Anything about interstellar and food (I forgot its interstellar or gourmet tag)
    So far I found this
    不想当主播的明星不是好厨师 by 芽丛

This is another interstellar, gourmet, and a cat general (not the apex cat one) - I think this one on mtlnovel
    The cat wife or something
    撸猫成妻[星际] By 翩翩落烨
    https://m.shubaow.net/114/114533/

This one is nice but the raws... Sigh
    放开我玉米棒子(穿书)
    https://m.xiageshu.com/jZ1A/index.html

Anyway gonna post mermaid and interstellar
    On going
    穿到星际养人鱼GL 作者:夏莫里

This one completed
    献给残疾上将的小人鱼 雁过吾痕
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=5336240
    From the author of Mistress, I was wrong

From same author
    JQ万年坑
    Title
    亲爱的,来生个蛋吧(星际)
    And
    帝国公主的人鱼少将(gl)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    toukonotto likes this.
  12. Nyehhh

Nyehhh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try the first novel I tl-ed, Falling In Love With Tsundere Villainess After Transmigrating, if you haven't

13. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    This one for those who like saving Villainess genre
    我家反派她超甜
    My villainess is so sweet
    https://m.shubaow.net/251/251635/
    Super rich mc realized she's just a canon fodder and decided to help Villainess

And another zerg x human
    虫族生存手册
    Zerg survival manual

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  14. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-eldest-martial-sister-gave-up-treatment/
    read the whole story, it's good. First half of the story is very light on romance but is full of comedy, second part is very full of romance (and a lot of very creative euphemistic scenes) and is lighter on comedy. Despite the huge chapter count, the story doesn't feel repetitive and doesn't go off tracks. A lot of character building.

LNOnlineOtaku likes this.
  15. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    If, by a happy coincidence, anyone remembers or knows this one, pls lemme know. So, it's a raw chinese novel, mc used to be an underworld officer(?) and had travelled in the world a few reincarnations to experience life(?) Now she has reincarnated to be a school teacher but her OP wives from previous reincarnations found her to settle accounts or something. That is all I remember

16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    found it. server is under maintanance however

17. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    The web's server has been under maintenance for a few months; I think they block overseas IP, though.

18. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    New entries for the contest will be released tomorrow at 9am (BST)~!

In case anyone's lost the link, the submissions are being released here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/502302/the-yuri-garden-writing-competition-/

In other news, I found a brilliant yuri novel over on Scribble Hub yesterday.
    It's a comedy where the MC wakes up in a Chinese drama she loved, with a plot where the female main character crossdresses as a man to infiltrate the palace as a guard. The character she becomes was the spoiled, bratty sister of the second male lead and was murdered only 2 episodes in to get the plot started.
    Naturally, she hugs the female lead's thigh instead and instantly ruins both m/f romances.

Though that doesn't read like a very original plot, this one really feels quite refreshing. The MC already knows she's a lesbian, there aren't any interested men trying to butt in, the author uses the fact that the MC knows little about her character's life because she was such a minor character, and the MC really is a pampered, spoiled palace lady who realistically isn't very useful in a fight.

I'm really enjoying the author's sense of humour and their ability to keep the comedy fresh despite the plot moving forward.
    Also, they've insisted on keeping the comedy in the story, and resisted letting the more dramatic parts of the drama's plot become melodrama in the story. I won't say more than that, to prevent spoilers.

Both the MC and ML are tomboys, and the ML is that badass action lady with not very good people skills type.
    Their dynamic reminds me a bit of "Didn't Know the General was Female" (also, that translation was deleted!!!? :blob_teary:), but without the excessive worrying from the MC (since she trusts completely in the ML's ultra thick plot armour), and the ML realises quickly she's in love.

If you'd like to read it, it can be found here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/445403/left-to-my-own-devices-in-a-drama-world/

20. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Back with stuff I'm reading
    带着超市闯江湖 作者:闭水
    Crossed to river and lakes with supermarket hey this is by same author of
    我在大陆开饭店
    I opened restourant in mainland

异界的食谱 By 诸事皆宜
    Restaurant in another world

穿书后我带小媳妇种田致富
    作者:三笑竹
    Making wife rich by farming

靠麻辣烫走上人生巅峰
    作者:一茶清香
    Opening mala tang store in ancient times

放过那块红烧肉
    作者:闭水
    http://m.fansg.com/kanshu/book_52630.html
    This one is good
    Mc is frail girl and can't eat meat transmigtated into other world who forbid eating meat.

These cannon fodders
    炮灰美人不逃了[穿书]_歧煦
    Cannon fodder beauty can't run away
    (its tagged wearing book but mc is actually a native but she can read the.. . You know, the words that pop out when live stream)
    穿成炮灰女配后我撞上了修罗场_茯喜
    After I wear cannon fodder I came to Asura field
    Basically mc transmigrated, the cp supposed to be heroine x big boss but heroine prefers it become mc x big boss
    女主你别弯_白色的木棉花
    Heroine don't bend
    Mc became a villainess and helps heroine a lot

她的omega小哑巴[重生]_桃宝小园
    Her omega is a young mute
    Mc rebirth back to 2 years ago, and meet her future wife, who mater become ss instead of s

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022