Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I officially hate my job~! I can't even read my daily dose of yuri in my break time~! Just because of that stupid so called 'pro' can't even do his job that should be the easiest for most of us~!!! The tower of paper kept getting higher the moment I stopped to just eat~! Much more so that I can't even read at my own house since I'm buried in it~

-gasping for air-

Anyways~ I'm about to be free and manged to get some me time and found a series called Love Cubic and it's about a love triangle yuri-incest where one is the little sister who is in love with her sister~ and another is a classmate where she just realised her feelings for her best friend after constantly getting denied by the Lil sis~

Moonpearl likes this.
  2. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was short, but quite a good one.

I have bad feelings in current ongoings, or I'm just overly pessimistic on Monday:
    - in "I Favor the Villainess" - that overall situation in marriage will become bad case of Checkhov's gun, even if they currently on restored terms
    - and in ongoing arc of Lily Bouquet - The Algorithm Of Love - situation will may be turned to quite dark drama side

On some kind of positive note - if anybody reads "My eyes can see" on RoyalRoad - did you like changes in second volume from single superpower to some kind of X-men scenario?

Keitaro123 likes this.
  3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes, that sounds like a nightmare! :notlikeblob: Lazy team members/coworkers are the worst...
    Good luck until it's over!

Keitaro123 likes this.
  4. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    Waaa~ Luna-chan~!!! thank you~! All of them sucks~! They keep getting the papers in the wrong places~! i don't even know why they still have this job and haven't even been fired yet~! I mean really~ All of them really sucks at their Job~! And all they do is pass and ask me what to do~! I'm not even the manager yet and i already feel like i'm already working as one~!

On the other side~ i have finally caught up with the WebToon called Mage & Demon Queen(Chapter 48)~! it's so cute~! Vel-chan even remembered Malori-chan's scent~!

AliceShiki, Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  5. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm: Are they new?

I know~! I'm looking forward to Vel and Mal's reunion. I saw some comments wondering if it maybe won't be Malori though, and might be her mother instead... I'm hoping not, though. She seems a little too small to be her mother?

Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  6. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    For the first one~ they have only been working with me for almost a year now and small percentage of the veterans are as bad as the newbies~ seriously~ they have been working with me for years and they still mess up this badly~

For the second one~ yep~ I think it's just Malori-chan herself since she looks to young to be the mother~! And if it were Malori-chan's mother~ I think she would look like she would be in her mid 30s or early 40s since we have a sneak peek of what her parents looks like before she was sold to a slaver~! Alsoooo~ gotta love those cute little demon goat things waving their arms like that~~~ so cute~!

On another note~ did you notice some dabbing in the newest chapter that just got released(Chapter 48)~? I lol'd at that so hard when I saw it~

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  7. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouchie... Sometimes people are just unbelievable.

Hopefully so~! I need fluffy meetings and heart-to-heart talks, not more misery...
    I did notice that. XD Typical of Mage & Demon Queen~! It's a comic that never fails to cheer me up.

Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  8. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    i also wish for more fluff~!
    And on a serious note~ Do you think that Malori-chan has a potential to be a 'Hero'~? I think she does~ because Vel-chan said that 'Heroes uses swords not Tomes' and I saw in Malori-chan's skill bar that there is a skill called 'Mirage Sword' ~ it mentioned 'Sword' so maybe Malori-chan will become a Heroine~?! She also has some skills during their fight~

9. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, good catch! I never noticed that.
    I think that, since it's been brought up in such a conspicuous way in the comic, there's no way it won't happen. Maybe this time the hero stops the war with love~?

Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  10. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you remember even a mage can hold the sword (in games or D&D systems) and in fiction most known sword wielder mage was Gendalf.
    So Malori will not become hero - I think she will become "Malori the Lilywhite" with all titles that comes with this.
    There was character relationship chart in discover version of this webtoon and there was some character that had love arrows to Mal - so maybe in near future Vel will receive a love rival.

After reading some new additions to Scribblehub can recommend, or mark as interesting two:
    • Night Gaunt looks like harem story with girls of different races - she has already almost tame one
      Meet Vanessa Blight a middle aged woman that works for a computer firm with a bunch of perverted co-workers. She has to deal with a lot of problems in her daily life. But just when life started to look up for her … she died. But that wasn't the end of her story.
    • Reincarnated Cat Becomes a Magical Beast cultivation novel .... about reincarnated person... no, not person - a cat... precisely a kitten
      She is but a street cat who suddenly finds herself dying a sudden death. The next thing she knows is that she is in a new land where magic exists and she finds that she is no ordinary cat anymore. She has turned into a small kitten once more of silver colour, with green eyes that have a tint of red to them. She may sound like a normal kitten, but actually, she now has the power of magic, making her a Magical Beast in this world. She also finds that her intelligence has skyrocketed and her memories are as clear as day.

In the future her name will spread as the partner to a grand Magician of the Wilderwolf family. But for now, follow her as she meets this Grand Magician at a young age and grow up together, forming an unbreakable bond along the way.

Author’s Note: This will be a long project, just fyi. It’ll take several chapter just for our little main character to meet her future partner and there will be only a few big time skips to age the characters. I intend to have a lot of this story telling the story of how our duo grow up at a steady pace, so don’t expect to see our main characters out saving the world any time soon. XD

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  11. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    It was mentioned recently in one of the blue bow threads (and I vaguely recall it myself now) that some people wanted to have an icon that yuri lovers could buy to represent their interest, to mirror the blue bow. Since this is the place for yuri fans to gather, I thought maybe it would be worth discussing this here.

If anyone doesn't know, the blue gift bow was an icon that was available to buy over the winter holiday period. I believe a small group of BL fans - particularly those who are fans of "Founder of Diabolism" - took a liking to it and began using it as a sort of reference/signal to each other that they liked BL. This spread to other BL fans, one way or another, and one of the users asked Tony to keep the icon available to buy even after the holiday period was over, so they could continue to use it this way. He agreed.
    No change to the description of the icon has been made, and the BL users are not attempting to restrict the use of the blue bow to themselves in any way. Adopting it as a BL lover is also optional.

In the threads the BL lovers made to discuss and announce it, there were some people who were dissatisfied that such an icon had been "made" for BL and not for GL. There were also a few calls to have a pink gift bow created to remedy the situation.

Now I, personally, do not want a GL icon. It's not that I wasn't a little jealous when I first heard about the blue bow (that's a natural reaction, right?) but that, after reading the discussion surrounding the bow and thinking it through, I think it wouldn't be practical or useful.
    My reasons are:
    • The blue bow came about naturally within the BL community, and I'm sure that it was picked out because it has significance. At least one user has mentioned that she likes it because it resembles the main love interest's head ribbon in "Founder of Diabolism", which has a very romantic meaning in the story. A GL icon, on the other hand, would be (so far) artificially adopted out of spite/the desire for equality.
    • Since there's less feeling behind its creation, I feel that it's also likely to be abandoned very quickly. If that's the case, putting ourselves and everyone through hassle for something we're not even going to use would be childish, and potentially do nothing but make people angry with us.
    • That icon still has to be bought with a frequent supply of nuffies, and I'm honestly very reluctant to part with my nuffies given how sparsely I'm sometimes able to post. I've actually decided to save up for prizes for the Yuri Garden Writing Contest, and I only spend a little every now and again on icons or things I want for myself. This reason is more personal and selfish, but it does beg the question: if you want the icon, are you willing and able to constantly pay for it?

If people do want a GL icon, I'd advise you not to harass Tony for a pink bow. Asking for an icon to be created exclusively for us is far more than what the blue bow users asked for, and I honestly don't think it will get a good response.
    Instead, it would be better to wait for the next set of holiday icons (I believe the next icon release will be around Valentine's Day) and choose one from among ourselves before they're gone. We would then have to ask Tony very nicely if he would allow that icon to also be purchasable all year round.
    This would not make it a "yuri fan only" icon, it would only give us the ability to purchase it and use it as a symbol to each other.

I'd advise everyone to discuss it if you're interested, and I've made a poll here to vote on whether you would or wouldn't like one: [VOTE CLOSED]

TL;DR: Some BL lovers have asked Tony to let the blue gift bow that was available over Christmas/New Year stay all year because they're using it as a sort of club symbol. Some yuri fans reacted wanting a similar icon for GL. I don't agree (see bullet points for arguments), but think we could at most ask for one of the upcoming Valentine's icons to stick around in the same manner if the majority really do want it. Please discuss and then vote.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Nyann, Ubik, Keitaro123 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 to all of @Moonpearl 's post.
    I would like there to be an option of an icon which could, for some at least, be an icon in the same vein as the blue bow you described. Being forceful about it would be wrong and something like a pink bow would be too simplistic and copyish (not a word, i know but it fits).

Can someone ask @Tony what the next icon set will be? If we're able to know in advance, we can perhaps brainstorm one icon from the pack that would be fitting to propose as a year round option.

Moonpearl likes this.
  13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'd allow that, since that would effectively be announcing them to everyone super early...?

Also, are you able to vote in the poll, or do you think having the Google sign in is too restrictive? (I was trying to allow only one vote per user, but it adds the limitation of sign-in automatically.)

Keitaro123 likes this.
  14. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    If there's a valentines set coming, 2-3 weeks ahead of the actual day (they probably would be released a few days beforehand) wouldnt be much.

The sign-in is too restrictive i think. it'd be easier just to be without sign-in and take the results with a grain of salt.

Ubik, Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  15. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Poll is fixed. I hope people will take it seriously and not cheat, though...

These were the icons for the last two years:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/valentines-day-store-items.27523/ (2017)
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/valentines-day-store-items-2018.58807/ (2018)
    The Valentine's icons also stick around until the end of February, though, so we might have time for picking if we decide to ask for an icon after all.

Keitaro123 likes this.
  16. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Voted once.

Just speculating on the previous ones, i would be of the opinion that the pink rose would be suitable if the icons were to make a return.

The love letter could also be an alternate but i prefer the rose.

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly think Cedric might be the one that has the potential to be a hero~

I mean, wouldn't it be a fun twist? And if you think about it, all of Malori's visits are accompanied by Cedric anyways, he just happens to die before they reach Queen Vel~

Wouldn't it be fun? The final showdown between Hero and Demon... Queens? Suddenly Cedric reaches the top of the tower and sees Vel and Malori flirting as the two demon rulers of the tower~ *giggles* (all before he is curbstomped to death that is~)
    I honestly couldn't care less about the icon thing, I use icons at whims or when I receive gifts... >.>

Besides, nuffies are better donated to @Get Tony To Tease Parth Fund anyways! ^^)/

18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it could be him~! Although I don't think he comes with her all the time, right? She's on familiar terms with all the head demons, which she couldn't be if she had Cedric with her at the lower floors, and she went alone the time before last to ask them to let her party straight up.

Ubik likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, that's true, she probably just drags him often, but not all the time~

Mmmmmmmmmm, guess we'll have to wait and see... Still, he was the first to come to my mind when she said that heroes use swords~

20. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From my point of view it always better to have more more options than less, so it's better to have this kind of icon rather than not. Completely agree that it must not be exclusive thing, others may pick up that for other reasons (e.g. for matter of taste... why not).
    But, if icon will not exist there should be no drama or harassment, it doesn't deserve it. So let's see what new pack brings.
    If Cerik is hero he will be at earlier floor glued to Melathia. Because of his M tendencies and fetish of stockings on lamia (ripped ones) and snake skin (shedded ones). What kind of hero that will be?!

AliceShiki and Moonpearl like this.