Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^
    Yep a bunch of releases with even a new series Arcadia.
    But not liking anything at all... sigh... right now i am downloading Assassin Creed odyssey (free cough cough) and need to wait and got nothing to do...

Ubik likes this.
  2. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arcadia was nice, on dex it marked as completed with 3 chapters. And there was one bad oneshot (One, Two, Step - it's not even yuri).
    Wow, if you asking this question, then you miss some of hidden discussion here. There are at least two active readers of it here who proselytize their cult of OT3 :blob_grin: I won't point fingers, but they know whom I'm talking about :blobspearpeek:
    Story about reincarnation with memories of two people. It had dark prologue parts (about six chapters) and mild drama with fairy tale mix afterwards (sleeping beauty kind). Was interesting to read quite a new view on reincarnation with memories. In addition to chaos there is even another girl, who right now is best girl ( :bloblove: ).
    Overall, it's nice: sometimes heartwarming, sometimes bitter, often funny, characters feel alive and it's very interesting to see where story will turn. Can't help myself to be drawn to it and look forward to see what next.

OddJamm, Sabruness and Moonpearl like this.
  4. lily_ocho

lily_ocho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone's interested I've officially picked up My Disciple Wants to Tease Me Every Day, which had previously gone inactive for a while (*≧▽≦)/
    I've already done chapters 8-14 with 1 collaborator, updates should be at least once a week

5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! It's good to have this fiction officially picked up and with schedule! Just read 14 chapter and it was nice and fluff. Only for me looks like that cute yandere supplied water with her mouth?

Edit: Today comes second and last(?) chapter of I Suspect my Childhood Friend is a Lesbian

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    OddJamm likes this.
  6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I've played 1-9 but havent played in a while. Probably the ones that stick most in my mind is the couple from the first one and the couple with the glasses braid girl.

Dont let the gender bender tag fool you. It's more like a subversion. As for the love triangle, *ahem* I, the chief cultist of the OT3 cult, say that it has great potential and love it. One of my most favored series on SH.

Also, kudos for the VN link. I'll need to sort through the offerings but i've already seen a few of interest.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    OddJamm and Ubik like this.
  7. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In first it was Yuuna x Nanami pair, that was favorite by @Tsuru55.
    Couple with glasses was couple of cousins Kaede x Sara. If you played only till nine part then you missed 11 one (Maidens of Michael) with all previous pairs (including what you mentioned) and one new (mine favorite Risa x Miya pair). Now when you have a link ... you know what to do :blobpopcorn_cool:

note to myself: Sometime I need to make a list of recommended VNs

Sabruness likes this.
  8. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, i only played up to 9 because at the time the rest either hadnt been done or they were hard to track down. the link is nice as there are a few that have interested me but were hard to find outside the 'proper' ways

Ubik likes this.
  9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it took them six (!!!) years to release 11 one, although officially https://vndb.org/v10700#main
    Difference in laws between countries took it's toll additionally. But at least it was released. And with regional prices. 8$ for this kind of game was not so much.

10. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Where i live, pricing and exchange rates are killer and then adding on 10% goods tax so the legal way can often be way too expensive.

OddJamm and Ubik like this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand :blob_patpat: (yours local pricing is outrageous in mine opinion), only had described overall situation. But at least I think you should try VN that was mentioned. That current place has it. :blobangel: Pricing policy for licensed games still giving me headache since a long time ago.

OddJamm likes this.
  12. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are there still so less Grea artwork... This dragon needs more Grea!!

OddJamm likes this.
  13. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was discussing yuri works with my bff and a certain doujin came up. Sorry, got no link, but do check out "secret flowers". Probably the most adorable and best overall yuri doujin.

14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Today, we get a new chapter of :
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch32
    Too bad. It's a flash back episode, gonna be long until we go back to the marriage. *realize something* I wonder if we will get to see their whole dating life before amnesia. That would be both nice and annoying (because we won't get to see soon the end of the marriage).

Sweet, a little ecchi one page comic yuri fire emblem :
    https://dynasty-scans.com/images/12026
    or:
    [​IMG]

The one about YuruYuri ? Sakurako x Himawari ? I heard it's good but not a fan of the couple.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  15. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that one

16. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was still a nice chapter. If flashback will continue, then it will be interesting to see where exactly she switches from easily embarrassed and overly cheerful girl (and the same as after amnesia) to perverted dominant one.

There was new oneshot in Yuri Drill v.2 - https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/age_gap_yuri even by Kodama Naoko. Still, it's much better than others before, but still not good. At least it upped my opinion of that anthology by small margin.

And in new chapters Futaribeya translation finally advanced further than tankobons volumes. And chapter with cat cafe was so cute. Kasumi with cats looked so nice :aww: :blobcatblush::
    [​IMG]

And in "I Suspect my Childhood Friend is a Lesbian" on dex they removed "end" tag from 2 chapter, so it looks like it's not all. So it could be expected to see more chapters. I suspect there will be sisters in next chapters, or it will not be Mochi Au Lait work. :blobthinkingsmirk:

Moonpearl and OddJamm like this.
  17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_ch23#1
    It was really cool like always. XD
    Yep somehow not that good.
    Maybe i should really find the time to read it...
    For some reason my brain shortcircuited reading it and forgot to promote it in Yuri Garden.

Ubik likes this.
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, it looks like bully will taste her own medicine. Because Nicaidou can be yandere where it is about Tadokoro. :blobcat_knife:

SquigglesJP group picked up another shoujo-ai series, Hayama Sensei To Terano Sensei Ha Tsukiatteiru Story between two teachers. And it looks like it's more on mild fluffy side.

Oh, and in author note in Mage & Demon Queen author said that it's near season end (only some episode left). And somebody told me that this kind of webtoon doesn't have seasons... who could it be? :hmm:

19. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    WTF WITH THE AUTHOR NAME ! I thought i saw Oui Pikachu at first ! (Yes Pikachu)

Fluffy you said !? *Rush to it*

Edit: Laughted at the principal accepting the yuri couple.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  20. Haylias

Haylias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, the minute I have a quick glance at the teaser for Yuri Wars on Book Walker I see someone dropped a TL'd chapter.

[​IMG]

It's a shame it's TS, but beggars and choosers.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.