Spoiler There’s Always a Protagonist with Delusions of Starting a Harem

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here! I really wish to someone pick and translate this one! All this spoilers really made want read this~
    I don't like harem but I like reverse harem though XD

2. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I confirm it's a very interesting and satisfying read. If any translator wants to lose any trace of free time they used to have, I recommend starting this novel xDD.

Ashie and kiara8 like this.
  3. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Xi-hime and Akkachu like this.
  4. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link
    Shizun likes this.
  5. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Food food

Food food Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw link please...

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure there’s a spoiler thread and/or a pickup thread here

Oh wait, it’s this thread rite here. Lol

Google this: 总有主角妄想开后宫

Food food likes this.
  8. Food food

Food food Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Summary for 2 nd arc please..

9. Fantasy Lovers

Fantasy Lovers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in NU just chap 1 but someone TL it on wattpad already 16 chapter...

10. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    its mtl in wattpad, the person mentioned it and as for the one posting on NU its only a teaser.

11. Hikari Angel

Hikari Angel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t can you go into details for arc 2, please?

12. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while so I've forgotten most of the details, but since I've already posted the original plot, I'll just briefly summarize what I still remember about how MC changed it.
    MC becomes the protag's ex-bf that dumped her in her last life and found himself breaking out in food allergies in a bathroom. Apparently, this was a ploy to ruin his rep by the protag b/c tomorrow was the press conference for the drama they're in. This drama did really well and would be the protag's 1st step to fame.

MC has the System which has pills, so of course he fixes the allergy problem. He also realizes that the protag already started her slander to ruin the original host's rep, and the original host wasn't that good a guy, so the cast currently dislikes him. So MC goes home and decides to fix his rep, starting w/ deleting all of the original host's info from the internet and starting a new social media account, since one of the ways the protag would ruin him is by bringing up the original host's ugly past.

So before the press conference, MC shows up late but brings breakfast for the crew. The original host was known to be stingy so MC wanted to start by changing the cast's opinion of him. He hits it off w/ the director and wows the crowd during his entrance in the press conference b/c his image is vastly different than what they expected, but now there's more hype for the drama. He's the 2nd to last to enter, and the protag had asked to go last in hopes of MC making a fool of himself (aka looking ugly b/c of allergies) so she'd look even better, but of course that backfired and MC got most of the attention.

MC becomes gaming buddies w/ the director b/c he helped the director pass this one level, and he also does some hacking to find out the protag's schemes (since he's one of her targets for revenge). He's pretty low-key on social media but the image he portrays is good and most of his posts are about gaming. There was also some online thing that happened in which the protag tried to ruin MC by hiring ppl to badmouth him, but that also backfired b/c MC's preparations and hacking skills. I think the director and cast spoke up in favor of defending MC too.

I forget if it was before or after the drama's filming, but MC went overseas and earned a small fortune, bought himself a new house, and donated a bunch to charity, which helped him when protag tried to use his terrible family to bring him down, but when ppl saw his charity receipts and that he lived in a rich neighborhood, they believed MC's side of the story.

The drama is a hit as expected, and MC applies to the company that the protag also applied to. ML is the president, and after seeing MC, hires MC as an exclusive artist and kind of forces MC to date him. I'm a bit fuzzy on details, but ML gets really bad headaches but they get better when MC's nearby I think. Anyways, the 2 members of the protag's harem are ML's nephews, so MC pretty much uses this to his advantage to decrease those guys' favorability towards the protag. Like, before they even met the protag, I think he got their favorability pretty low. MC and the nephews get along really well.

There's also a mini plot thing w/ the girl that MC's host dumped the protag for in their 1st life. This time, the protag and that girl team up, and the protag tried to drug MC w/ an aphrodisiac during a party and then send him into that girl's room for a scandal (that girl liked MC). MC obviously didn't fall for it, and instead, w/ the help of items from the System, the protag ended up being drugged and MC filmed what happened b/t her and that girl, then released it online.

There was more drama w/ the protag that I honestly can't really remember, but in the end, she confronts MC in an underground parking lot and secretly films it, then had a guy edit the video to make it seem like MC was the bad guy. Of course, that fails too b/c MC gets the original video and releases that, and after ppl see how different the original was, they're all against the protag.

I forget what happened to the protag in the very end, but MC kept lamenting that one of the nephew's favorability rating kept not going down to 0%, but years later, it finally did. MC and ML live a very happy and successful life together.

Sorry, I honestly don't remember a lot of the details anymore, and I probably mixed up some of the orders of events. Maybe someone else can do a better job.

JoshyM62, juanexbi, Xi-hime and 22 others like this.
  13. Hikari Angel

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you

14. Hikari Angel

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t can you please give explain arc 3 in details? Thank you!!!:aww::aww:

QuinNefertari likes this.
  15. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    just read about a chapter ahead and there was this really funny part at the end that I have to mention.

So basically, the ML this time is Ouyang Shun, the second uncle of the twin harem members of the female lead in the story (arc 2). And like winter said, OYS, ML, falls in love with YZZ, MC at first sight. MC also finds OYS familiar, thinking maybe he's Yun Ke (identity of ML in arc 1) but is like no that's not possible I don't want to be wrong etc. When OYS has YZZ signed onto Mu Tian (the entertainment agency), he then meets him and when they're kinda doing this hugging thing (b/c YZZ all emotional thinking the emotions in OYS eyes is so familiar like YK's), Ouyang Zhi (one of the two harem members) enters and is like omg second uncle you got me a male aunt-in-law? or something and then YZZ is like wait did you just call him second uncle, and OYZ is like yeah what else would I call him? and then he recalls the plot that OYS is basically the support of the twin male leads of the story and had raised the twins since young, emphasizes since young and turns to OYS and asks his name and he's like Ouyang Shun and he's like how old are you lmao and OYS is like are you hating on me and at this moment YZZ is like GOLDEN THIGH and like No I precisely like men your age! and starts kissing up to OYS and I'm like X'D oh my god so dead YZZ you killing me rn

and okay that was such a long run on sentence ;P... but yeah, just thought that was really funny

JoshyM62, juanexbi, Xi-hime and 20 others like this.
  16. Rilise

Rilise Aestivating

Reading List:
    Link
    Half-asleep reading this and the image i conjured was that he kissed OYS right there n then :blobpats:

17. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahahahahaha shameless ahahahaha keep on being shameless!!!!

18. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your ( . ) key must have broken. It's alright, just keep the lovely spoilers coming. Oba-sama is waiting lmao

Novel otaku desu likes this.
  19. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading the chapter for arc three and would like to give the rundown of the plot background (but probably won't say anything more about it for a while, cuz I read Chinese very slow and this novel is quite hard for me to understand/read sadly). anyways, arc three takes place in the ancient times, and it's BL! the protagonist (An Chengjie) is a guy and so are the harem members! :D the protagonist is the illegitimate kid of some official guy (something about ministry of public security? not sure his actual position) but he sent to a village, ends up dying, and a person from the modern day transmigrates into his body. of course, this means reversal! bunch of things happen and he shows off his awesomeness, getting called back to the capital. on the way he rescues his first harem member, the only son of an important general Lei Baofei. Second harem member is actual his blood eldest brother, An Chengsheng. it says nothing really happened between them? But because ACS has deep romantic feelings or something, YZZ still has to pull out this romance flag. And then, this time we get more harem members, the third harem member is future emperor and seventh son of the current emperor, Yan Mingli. I quote, "Even the future emperor can be received into the harem, my protagonist is fierce." (character for fierce can also mean awesome or hard to deal with). Then it talks about how they meet, which is during some imperial hunt thing that ACJ was schemed against and met YML, both have hardships, not favored, etc., so get along well that sort of thing.

Side note, YZZ is lamenting the morals of this world. Aside from ACS who is ACJ's blood brother, he (ACS) also has a proper wife and kid. Although YML didn't take an empress and LBF didn't take a proper wife, YZZ is like isn't concubines still wives! (he says it three different ways/rankings of concubine).

It says that world ends from world war. something about messy relationships b/w the four that continued after they died led to invasion, more countries joining in, add in the weapons that ACJ introduced to the world = recipe for disaster.

YZZ is the second legitimate son of An family aka ACJ's brother, An Chengle. Status: cannon fodder. Obviously :p he is the one that schemed against ACJ during the hunt that allowed ACJ and seventh prince to meet. basically a hedonistic silk pants with no learning or talent that likes to drink and play but b/c he has a sweet tongue, he's doted on by others. then goes on to offend protagonist, father and brother start to spurn him, finally dies during the imperial hunt at the mouth of a beast :D

I'm slightly curious who the ML is, is he a supporting character like last time or a harem member like from arc 1? for now I place my bet on future emperor, but maybe not the seventh prince? Anyways, the future emperor is always a popular choice for a love interest.

JoshyM62, Xi-hime, swordfish and 14 others like this.
  20. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: I've kinda figured out what ACJ dad's position is now. the public security thing was actually a combo of his last name and his title (duke). he's actually the head of the ministry of revenue + a duke