Spoiler There Were Times When I Wished You Were Dead

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Oct 6, 2020.

1. fiminkio

fiminkio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wooww i'm new and i just found the manhwa today, but i never thought this could be so bad that i want to kill ML myself. What the hell with his reason? "Her father did worse thing to me, so i'm going to torture his daughter who has the same face and act heartless like her father". What the f--????? He doesn't deserve the happiness and better live like empty shell for his whole life. Suffer emotional torture until his dead. Damn, i don't know how MC can keep her life, i mean her wold already falls apart even her last hope (that sh*tty bastard ML) make her suffer too. And she will love him in the end?? Wow who is she? Saint??? This remind me of annoying chinese manhua...damn i can't read this. I don't like torture myself and imagine abt wanting to kill ML everytime i read it.

2. shimar

shimar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me the chapter where the last sentence synopsis happened? The part when she died or something similar? So that I can prepare my heart. "I will disappear, grand duke" has been making me cry lately but thanks to spoilers I was a little prepared. So, which chappie was it? TIA

Hera a misigga likes this.
  3. Annan_Tess

Annan_Tess Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they not together anymore since she go out from the palace and then ml still drunk dead with mc memories?

That place gonna be haunted

Just like that? Maybe since so many people curses this story author make it end fast?

4. mahdi rikays00

mahdi rikays00 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haaaaaaa that's it i'm dropping this book. what a bad ending. I don't want her to die but find someone better or at least live without ml. seriously though. what?who?where?when?how? did these kind of ending get created. what was the author thinking. this is not in the scope of hate ml rather it is in the scope of despise him. anyway, thank you for your hard work author. you make a great novel that can tugged reader hearts even though the ending....

5. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also had the same thought, he should just killed her directly why went to such lengths, you can't blame the princess(Alicia) the ML killed her family and defeated her nation, did he expect them to hug and say i love you. He let them rape her and killed her. He(ML) is no different from his father. But he is better than a lot of asshole MLs.

NO matter the reason, she was still his wife legally . He didn't need to get another wife and humiliate her.He should at least respect her. True FL's father is a villain but FL and her father are 2 people. And does it looks like the ML is a saint? Even when he was good to her, it was just an act to use her. FL never done anything wrong to the ML personally. Don't white wash this asshole ML.

I totally agree, poor FL

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  6. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whooaaa from the spoiler I seeing: male lead is a high key trash, female lead is an idiot... Love? This useless man? Don't joke whit me. If I be her I just tortured him to death.
    Dropping this, I'm not a masochist.

7. moncha

moncha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So when the fl know about ml plan that he wanted to use fl love??

8. _sanchwe

_sanchwe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've gone through every page of this thread and read the spoilers from book 3-5 (since i was only concerned how these two characters will find redemption), and imo this novel was just not really good at making it such a long emotional asspull and could have just written something that could have paved their way towards healing, forgiveness. Personally i was still kind of finding potential for them to get some sense of peace and comfort and that is explored by us readers, i mean we've crucified the ml a lot and hoped for better circumstance s for the mc, they were both tortured by their past.

I guess the writer burned themselves out in the process and just went with that kind of ending.

mintypotat and Boopbup like this.
  9. elite-handcuffs

elite-handcuffs New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently on chapter 8 and I'm beginning to utterly hate this manhwa. The perspective of an abusive 'ML' is annoying and anger inducing. Everyone else BESIDES the 'ML' seems aware of the mistreatment he pulled against the FL. I don't want to read a manga/manhwa where I HATE the Main Character ( or see their perspective 80% of the time.) Useless man and f--k him honestly.

maenochka and Hera a misigga like this.
  10. Yaxhi

Yaxhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the whole spoiler in one seating I just have to sigh greatly... The FL had been humiliated and treated worst than an animal for 3 books and ML had just suffered some in 1 book and a happy ending?! WTF... he didn't even experience 1/8 of how he humiliated and treated her... author if you are to be treated as your character, take the FL's shoes would you be able to forgive your ML? That's just way too intense and crazy.... I'm thinking, is having nightmares of your actions on how you hurt the FL a good way of relieving a pang of guilt?

11. Beethoven71

Beethoven71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I lost brain cells.

12. Hera a misigga

Hera a misigga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr....never have I ever lost this much brain cells reading a story's ending. Like the way everything is paved seems so wrong to me.
    Anyway, the people who actually thinks ml deserves a second chance after only suffering for one book,good for you. Y'all are mostly immune to angst and I truly aspire to be like you one day

13. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're free to drop the novel or manhwa, but I wish people would read and finish the novel first before spouting their own judgment.

Reviews mentioned that the author's writing was compelling enough to keep you reading. It meant the events between point a (immense hatred) and point b (ending up together) was a worthwhile read.

Instead of judging it solely on the ending, we should consider the development and complexity of the characters and the depth and twists of the events. We can't always have the usual ideal "justice" or scenario we want. People will move towards their own wants and needs.

Instead of wanting a character to move towards a certain direction, one should put him/herself in the shoes of the character. We ought to try to understand the whims and caprices of the characters. That's the point of reading, right?

Anyway, I apologise for the ramble. I just have the same perspective towards manhwa/webnovels and fiction. Again, you're free to read and drop whatever you want. I'm merely hoping that we would have less of readers immediately dropping a story just because they didn't like the ending.

Kasik, mirrorkells, 81ganzy and 6 others like this.
  14. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I absolutely agree with you, this Josei novel had a compelling writing style so it attracted a lot of Korean readers. At the end of the day it's just fiction, some like it's dramatic, angsty, and tear-jerking, some like it rainbows sunshine, and "healthy". The best choice is to respect others and skip the novels that don't suit your taste.

I still don't understand why foreigners who read the bootleg version of the novel tend to have a very strong moral judgment about K-novels plus Korean viewers' preference, and like to compare fantasy with reality, and even go far to the point of willingly insulting those who simply go along with a wild fictional ride and don't emotionally bother with the author's choices at the very slightest.

I've noticed that there were many kind users who willingly provided free spoilers back in the day, but as time go by, the spoiler subforum turned into the judgment subforum, and fewer people wanted to post spoilers because they felt dishearted with the extremely negative reactions.

15. Dhiyfal

Dhiyfal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing of the matter is, this novel is very toxic in it's presentation of "The Woman go through physical and mental abuse but at the end still accepted one of the Men who heavily inflicted those abuse on her". Not to mention that this novel (and later, manhwa) is a webnovel that can be easily accessed online, no matter what the age of the reader is. You may try to argue that they put this story behind the barrier of age restrictions, but honestly, in this time and age, there's countless things people can do to get past that barrier, and so it's very worrying if people who are still not mature enough ended up finding this novel and then influenced by it.

Also, when people read a novel, they tend to put themselves on the MC's shoes, putting their own thoughts into 'if I was them, with those circumstances, what would I do?', and with how much the MC/FL has suffered in this novel, it's really not a surprise for most of us to be heartbroken and angry for her at the fact that her life-long suffering was so easily disregarded by absolving the trash ML of his sins just because he said he regret things and try to do suicide right in front of her.

You said that the Korean readers have their own preferences and thoughts about the story? sure you're right, but is that a reason for us not to also have our own thoughts regarding the story even though we only read 'the bootleg' or pirated translation version of it? As much compelling the writing style of a story is, the moral lesson (or lack thereof) of it will always be part of the story that will get reviewed, whether it's positive or negative.

Angela3107, anina, maenochka and 3 others like this.
  16. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I think this is a pointless fight since it's obvious that we have a vastly different point of view. Most K-novels were translated without copyright, most international viewers tried to search for those novels themselves via world wide internet or friends. The Korean publishers of those novels have never reached out to any international audiences and have never begged them to buy Knovels. And it's very clear that the international audience isn't their main customer either so the publishers don't have to cater to the non-Koreans' taste. Not to mention each country/society has a different culture and of course, it also shows in their literature, so what you think is not ok, might get bypassed in other countries. Furthermore, not every person on earth learns moral code and self manner through fictional stuff (otherwise, cheating men wouldn't exist anymore), so worrying about "messages" is kinda pointless since not everyone takes novels at face value. And i rarely and mostly don't self insert myself into fictional characters, I don't get affected emotionally by them so I can't comment on that. Sorry in advance.

This subforum doesn't forbid discussing spoilers because it gains traffics and views. But we're all adults anyway, at least show respect for the other users and the novel/writer, we can either skip the novel we don't like instead of throwing tantrums and insults over fictional stuff (e.g. trash novels, trash viewers...etc...), or discussing mannerly instead of overly expressing inner emotion because I believe most people (registered or non registered) come here for spoilers, they couldn't care less about other users' feeling

I'm gonna rest my case here.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  17. Alexa0989

Alexa0989 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hes at sovieshu level

18. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Read Now come and Regret or Heeran's Country Song/Love song.

One leaves for herself and one for another man who respects her

19. ardills

ardills Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's quite interesting to probe..

In the real life you will always have that person that you just can't seem to understand why they do what they do..

I think it's insteresting that the author are actually trying to take that stereotype of real life person into the characters of fiction.. you see ML who's basically just feeling guilty as he unknowingly abused the girl that had saved him.. it was not clear that he'd feel the same if it was the real Yvonne who really didn't have any background story with him.. and it was a turn off for me and many others might feel the same.. yeah tho it was literally just the same angst every day as I complain about someone I dislike.. we just need to stop understand because it was how the characters are build to mimick a real life personality.. if it made you sad, mad, and hopeless I think the authors were pretty much successful in characterization.. Of course, it's another big challenge for the author to make it look alive and not just a convenient plot mover..

but if the author's exceptional writing skill is really that awesome.. I think this worth a read.. tho I don't think I could handle it yet, as I read novel for my escapes.. maybe I'm just not ready for these kind of deep stuff.. I'll save this for now in line with no longer human which been in my stack for years already, but I still got no courage to read..

Really big thanks for the spoilers..:sushi_thankyou:

20. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna change the title to: "This was the time I wished the ML was dead"