Discussion Things that are worth buying the expensive ones

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lenyek_penyek, Nov 10, 2018.

1. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, like most of us here, I'm the kind that don't spend much other than daily necessities (food, rent, car etc).

Being an introvert with cheap hobbies (gaming, novels) and content with what I got, those working money accumulate quite a bit.

My birthday was a few months ago and but now I'm thinking of getting something as a treat for myself.

So here comes the question:
    What is something that's worrth it to buy the expensive ones?

I just know that its good to get an expensive pair of quality shoes. Bought a Josef Seibel few months ago, one of the best decision I made in quite a while.

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    High end pc

3. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Gaming is a 'cheap hobby'!?!?!?!?!?

4. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    Depending on what kind of person you are a high-end phone is worth it

lenyek_penyek likes this.
  5. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Charles83

Charles83 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man he is trying to ask for a hobby not for a torture chamber.

Cnacan, IRandomGuy, Ars Nova and 11 others like this.
  7. moocho

moocho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try doing drops from a plane with a parachute regularly as a hobby for example, see what happens to your question marks hehehhe

8. moocho

moocho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OP, I would suggest a sound system. If nothing else, splurge on stereo speakers. Those stay for a lifetime. (Have mine for 15 years, they are just getting better with time, like good wine) One investment I have never regretted.

Edit, answering the question.. In my experience, the proverb ‘I aint rich enough to buy cheap things’, or something along those lines, is simply true.
    As a kid, I killed my normal sneakers in 3 months. If they cost double, they lasted me for years.
    :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    mariean, King0Mik, Beltran and 2 others like this.
  9. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it actually cheap. Arent game nowaday require ATLEAST 8 gb ram to run and it's still laggey as hell

10. MineralWater

MineralWater NU's BS supplier

Reading List:
    Link
    Buy a quality watch.. Can even be an heirloom if taken care of properly. Its value increases over time as well.

Beltran and lenyek_penyek like this.
  11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Proper investment in land and housing I guess, gotta prepare for retirement early. Get yourself a housing and rent it out for extra money, will take awhile but will eventually get back your deposits and start to gain. Or if you like to risk, be a trader and invest in currency and company shares, watch the charts fluctuate like your heartrate.

12. moocho

moocho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still, its mostly a one time purchase to get the platform running, no big maintenance or running costs, can be done from a couch,.. Gaming really is one of the more sensible hobbies, when it comes to money..

Bought diablo3 when it came out, the expansion, theres another one.. Anyway, for around 100eur total, there is years of supported gameplay possible. Thats a very good return for money haha!

13. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Arent there gamers with the principle of always buying the Ori version of the game? Those things tend to be pricey.

14. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It's cheap if you only play f2p on potato pc, or pirate it or on mobile if you're not stupid enough to use mtx.

IRandomGuy and mir like this.
  15. lenyek_penyek

Reading List:
    Link
    Gaming is actually cheap if you consider the price to entertainment time. Watching a movie at a theater is only ~2hours, and will cost more over time if you think about it.

And if you play on PC and don't care that much for online play, pirating a game is not bad.

Especially when I play ps4, and theres a lot of things to do playing Destiny2 (the new Forsaken DLC is incredible). I don't need to get another game. The free psplus games are not bad too.

Gaming is cheap, the only limiting factor is starting investment to get the hardware for gaming (TV, monitor, rig, audio etc), after that its cheap.

Some good suggestions here. Actually, saving to start a family isn't a bad idea, just that I don't have someone to be the wife yet haha:whistle::blobexpressionless:

That stereo suggestion isn't bad, but I'm happy with my current sennheiser headphones bought last year from massdrop. (Pc37x)

Maybe Ill get a watch, a man need to have proper watch. Digital smartwatch seems to be in style nowadays... might need to do some research on this.

Thanks for the idea guys

Beltran and moocho like this.
  16. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Gamings not that expensive if you look for the special offers and what not. Steam sales,humble bundles and stuff are quite lucrative

17. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Housing first if you don't have one?
    A good house decent location.
    Perhaps a high end phone or PC if you are gamer?
    Or pizza? Tons of food

18. lenyek_penyek

Reading List:
    Link
    The gap between high end and mid end phones are getting smaller by the years in terms of performance, yet the price keeps getting higher and higher for the high end ones. I'm glad I'm not an Iphone user.

Those mid-end phones are great enough, I dont need those extra features the high-end phone offers anyway.

19. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    y-yeah!! Please elaborate more about this, i m planning on buying a phone, a mid end phone with cheap price (compared to samsung, anyway) but the cheapness make me doubt the quality....

20. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I am actually going to be buying a phone for myself soon, and I have being a lot of research. Something I find myself doing a lot.

In comparison to Samsung and IPhone, namely S9 and IPhone X, there's One Plus 6. One Plus 6 has 6/8Gb ram and 64/128Gb hard. There's no memory extension, or memory card and the water proof isn't certified, it should still get you through rain but not a swim. The phone is dubbed Flagship killer. In terms of price, it's about half as cheap while packing the same heat, even carrying more heat and speed. You should totally check it out.

Maid Chan likes this.