Discussion This is bizarre

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 369806, Sep 3, 2021.

?

How do you think a dead person would actually think seeing their ex married to someone else?

1. Maybe, they are actually happy for them

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. They don't care, probably they didn't love each other that much to begin with

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They probably found a better partner in the afterlife and they don't care about what happens in life

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Well, you know the saying “until death do us part”

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Other, please specify in a comment

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, Mr Popo here XD

So, I was reading a manga and a scene came where a family of a mother and her adult son went to visit the grave of the mother's ex husband (and who is also the real father of the son) and then the current husband of the mother later came to visit XD

The current husband had a "light" romantic moment in front of the grave then he with the son and wife "greeted" the dead ex husband.

Those scenes made me think of other sort of similar scenes both in fiction works like mangas and such as well as in some in real life families XD

And a weird thought came to mind, isn't this some kind of NTR XD? I mean, all of them believe that the ex husband is watching them from somewhere (knowing that he is dead) yet they went to visit him and display such behaviour XD

elengee likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The most obvious explanation would be their belief in the more selfless definition of love where the husband would be happy, were he watching, to see the woman he loves moving on, making another family and being happy and fulfilled. On the off chance the late husband was a possessive guy, he has either gone off to where dead souls go, or the manga would have to change its genre to horror.

That or, the late husband is voyeur.

3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It'd be NTR if the guy was actually watching and they had sex at his grave, but yeah i can't say i'd enjoy seeing the new guy take my place lol.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  4. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think its that bizarre since the son (who looks like he's in his early 20s) doesnt remember his biological father, means that the father is dead since more than 15 years at least and I would just move on (in the afterlife). I probably would be heartbroken to see my ex-SO not getting their deserved happiness after raising our child to healthy and wonderful adult.

5. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I always thought about this. What happens if you met your deceased spouse but you remarried and when you and your current spouse die, you see your ex at the gate. The one that you mentioned how you used to love them forever and maybe even held a promise of only you forever? All the polls are positive. I imagine there is probably some anger resentment. Maybe some are bitter they never got the chance, or the promise of only you forever did not even last three yrs, not to mention within a year. Ofc there's also some that would be happy for the one that continued to live on and found someone to mend the hole in their heart by their departure.

6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Deleted member 369806 likes this.