Spoiler This Marriage Is Bound To Fail, Anyway / 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어있다 / This marriage is bound to sink

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seoktonin, May 8, 2021.

1. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    @NohrNeir , Outlander is the same show I talked about with the gang-rape of female lead, the rape of her underage daughter, the rape of her husband and basically, just outrageous rape stuff. This is why I stopped watching Western tv. :cautious: The book may be different but I definitely quit watching this show in episode 1.

Carcel is very perceptive indeed. He understands Ines well even when she’s trying to put on a show. I keep remembering that time when she turned the house upside down and he just calmly watched her wondering what got into her since she’s a woman who has kept her bedroom the same for 17 years. :LOL:

MianneChan, NohrNeir, By.Eve and 2 others like this.
  2. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yeah he noticed she was acting for the servants but still listen to her in the end :D

3. Deleted member 275719

Deleted member 275719 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, in November! Thanks for informing me. I'll try saving up to buy that too. ^^

I personally am too shy to message her but I think it's okay for you to use Korean since you've tried it before. If you ever try it, good luck! Aw, it's kind of sad that it's really come to and end but I'm sure their next story will be amazing. I have seen their posts abt it and the (cover) art made by Pudica-nim too. I'm excited to read it as well! Will be praying for Inés and Cárcel's cameos there with you!! :blobmelt:

quarantine is good and NohrNeir like this.
  4. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Shows do tend to exaggerate novels more, though I stopped watching Western tv because too long for my impatience.

I was also reminded of when he was happy over the gifts Ines gave him, but did tell Raul that she probably did so because of the crazy woman. He had also noticed that she might be doing it to put on a "good wife" appearance. So, perceptive he is. :blobuwu:

If she writes a side story of the "current timeline", they can make a cameo, but unfortunately not possible in the timeline where the mainstory of Luciano x Delfina is set because that's the 2nd timeline when Ines committed suicide. :blob_teary:

5. Deleted member 275719

Deleted member 275719 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    OH BUMMER. :blob_tilt: I didn't expect that all. I thought we'd be seeing the couples happy in the same timeline. Let's just wish there would be at least a side story, in another timeline at least, that we'd see the couples tgt. Thanks for the info!

6. alpineibex

alpineibex SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    5 more days to new chapter, it's 962k view now :blob_grin:.

I want to see Carcel teasing her about the bathroom scene :blobowoevil_horns:

7. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Show us some flashback too :whistle: see Ines climb on his mountain :blobnosebleed:

8. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Just something interesting from the novel since the manhwa didn't show much on Ines. Manhwa readers don't get a sense of anything about the regression.

It was noted that regression keep her memories as if she were living in one whole lifetime, but mentally and physically, she thinks like someone from the age she regressed to, only with the knowledge she had experienced. Thus when she regressed to 16, she acted like a teen who easily noticed Emiliano's pretty face during a time of desperation. Ines even noted 28-year old Ines, would've slapped herself for acting and thinking this way because she was acting immaturely and believing she was in "love". When she regressed to 6, she tried very hard to act well so that she wouldn't act stupid again like she did when she regressed to 16. Needless to say, there were hints that she did still act very child-like when prone to anger. Ines throwing Oscar's painting to the floor and stamping on it was just one of the example. Another would have been how she rebelled against her mother. In the manhwa (she just cut her hair), but in the novel, she ran around naked so as not to put on the colorful dresses her mother wanted to put on her.

This phenomena was not only on display on Ines, as Oscar, the other regressor, also acted more child-like as well with his bratty personality as a child, and even him trying to kill Carcel was personally was an action where he couldn't control his feelings as a kid.

9. starishaa

starishaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If, in the future, there is an official English translation of the novel, I really wish the author could also release it in Amazon as Kindle edition too. It’s less problematic for international readers to access. Like Under the Oak Tree did.

I’m counting from day to day now :aww:

It still saddens me that the Manhwa is R-15 which we miss out a lot of plots from novel. Hope there are a lot of flashbacks to the first night:blobthinkingsmirk::blob_pompom:

10. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    How do we get author to know we want official tl? I dont think ppl demanding for it enough :censored:

starishaa likes this.
  11. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are demanding it alot but not on correct platforms. Every where I go I see people begging for english translation of novel but it is always on some manga site. Maybe if people start posting on social media like twitter the author may see their plea to translate into official english. Maybe apps like radish can give us an official translation.

12. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    Theyre demanding on illegal site just show they not even supporting author or artist.

KKP don't own the novel. Rather it be on amazon like @starishaa said then it can be smut. KKP too censored. Just look at what they did with manhwa (n) no smut

13. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    As much as I wished it can be officially translated, it feels the demographic of readers between the two novels are quite different. UTOT readers are more likely to even try to verify to MTL the raws. They're very open to thanking and leaving comments on Ridibooks to show their appreciation even in their own language. The fans are also much more aware of how UTOT's author hates illegal translations and advise/recommend others to read legally. Broken Ring's fans just have to give the author and Ridibooks incentive to want to translate officially.

The author doesn't use Twitter so I doubt she would see them. She's very interactive with her Korean fans on her naver blog, but tends to stay away from other social media. I found her instagram before but even that is empty and has no post. Makes me wonder if that's really her instagram though. It also makes me wonder if the author even know how popular the manhwa for her novel is. I've seen some people don't even know it's adapted from a smut novel. And to elaborate on my above comment, authors do read comments on Ridibooks so even if fans leave comments and reviews there, it would be helpful.

Given that they are making a revised version, I'm wondering if they're going to translate that version instead on Manta app. The novel belongs under Ridibooks so it wouldn't be translated under Radish which is owned by KKP like @PattyCakes said. And even if it's translated on Manta or Radish, both apps had shown to not release smut novels. Ridibooks had their one smut translation (UTOT) released on Webnovel/Amazon.

14. alpineibex

alpineibex SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    I think many are afraid to pick up the novel because of angst (Ines POV chapters), they have to realize it's full of romance and fluff (except the epilogue :bloborz:). I think later chapters will make people buy more.

15. PattyCakes

Reading List:
    Link
    But dont ppl love angst? Look at them loving the angst romance with painter, the want for revenge against her family, and Carcel suffering :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

16. starishaa

starishaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like others mentioned, we’re demanding in th wrong place:blob_teary:

If only, we could access it on Tappytoon like Manta for “Finding Camélia” (they have both Manhwa and Novel in one place) too, it would be super great.

Yeah, I agree with you about the differences on demographic and I feel like maybe Author didn’t know there are a lot of international fans out there who demanding for official TL. Maybe our support and demand does not reach to the author as much as we thought.

17. vicross

vicross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love that the author keep the realistic part of regression.

MianneChan, NohrNeir and PattyCakes like this.
  18. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I might ask the author if they're going to have an official translation.

Most unfortunately think that just because the children were having conversations like adults, that they're like adults, but that's only because they had memories and knowledge from adulthood. Ines do act calmly on the surface for the most part but behind the scenes, she's much more explosive and she is very prone to anger. Often times, manhwa readers don't see that part or they misunderstood that from her because of how calm she is on the surface. It was often described that the people of Ortega have a fiery nature and she's just like them. They also often said people of Perez are even more so, and she's a person of Perez.

The only person who was really a child in that scene was Carcel and in the novel there were many instances where he does show he was a child as he questioned on a lifetime and death. In the novel, there was also a time he was repeating a new vocabulary he had recently learned and linked it to a current situation he was facing with Oscar. He also felt stressed from having to fall under responsibilities of Oscar's vassal and having to act as Ines' fiance, but Ines lifted his mood up when she reminded him that he's a child who didn't have to follow through with Oscar's bidding and told him to make a choice, so he grabbed Ines' hand at that moment and led her away. It felt more dramatic in the novel. In his thoughts she was standing in front of the window and the sun was setting. He thought he saw a wiseman from myths who came to advise him.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  19. vicross

vicross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly there's a scene for Inez's fiery expression in the 3rd life when she strangled Luciano... I think that's the only fiery expression I've seen of her in the manhwa... I hope we could see more of Inez POV in the manhwa :blobsalute: I think out of most FL in many manhwas, she's the most realistic depiction of how PTSD in every regression could really change you

One of the most part i love about the manhwa is how the author could draw Inez's different expressions, facial features, ages, fashions and even personalities in every regression... It's like watching a woman with 3 different lives at once :blobspy:It's so cool

20. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, when she tried to strangle Luciano was one of the examples that portrayed her fiery temper. When she hit Carcel in the head, was also one of them. In the novel there were more. She threw Oscar's painting on the floor and stomped on it. Also after Carcel told her that he would be loyal, she was also very angry. She was stomping on the floor as she was crumbling papers and throwing them around. Ines is actually quite messy as a person, while Carcel is very neat. You'll see more of Ines' temper later on. When they went to the hunting ground together, she would get upset for losing. She also gets mad often when she sees Carcel injured and wants to kill the people who hurt him. This happened when she saw his head injury and later, his shoulder injury when he returns from war. Ines also has flashbacks where she would always throw things, hit and curse Oscar when she was married to him. Even when she was married to Emiliano, she cursed at him often because he was stupid and slow.

The manhwa artist is very good at portraying her emotion but there are times in the manhwa where she was very calm but wasn't calm in the novel. One of it was when she was writing and thinking back to Carcel saying he's more faithful than she thinks. Another time was when Juana was putting oil on her feet, she was actually being ticklish there in the novel and didn't like having oil put on her feet because of that.