Forgotten Title This one urban fantasy novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by OminousSocks, Apr 9, 2018.

1. OminousSocks

OminousSocks Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so I read this Chinese novel sometime back. It was amazing! But goddamn, I can't remember the name! In fact I'm not even sure if it is on this site. However, I still remember the general content, and I'm hoping some of you folks may point me in the direction of the novel(even if you saw it on another site).

A general synopsis of the story(I forgot the actual one long ago): 1/3 of the world's population are actually monsters(xianxia demon type) in disguise. Due to pollution and other factors some monsters have chosen to live in the big city; disguised as humans.

General goings of the novel: The story is essentially about demons in the big city. All the main characters are literally demons. There are several main characters in this novel, all of them well developed. Though, there are seemingly no stable plots. It's more along the lines of a compilation of short stories with certain main characters being used over and over again. The genre too tends to shift between each story. From horror to mystery to action to drama to hurt/comfort... However, the story tends to revolve around slice of life, or rather, how demons generally live their life in the big city.

Overall, it kinda gives me a Trafford's Trading Club kinda feel. Except the main characters know what they want. The only reason they don't chase after it... well, sometimes they don't have the ability to.

Atl92 and juniorjawz like this.
  2. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    darn. . . is it . . .

"Real Life?"

3. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2018
  4. OminousSocks

OminousSocks Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice try. Except the demons tend to be the type that literally eats humans.