Mini RPG This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Summoning Area)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Phew."

Senya stood with the naginata's blade planted into the ground, as she glanced at the clouds. Behind her, the Borg Camlann sprawled out in a heap, unmoving.

It had taken her three more tries before she took down the Borg Camlann successfully, and another five more before she managed to bring it down without sustaining serious wounds. The whole thing took a little over an hour to settle.

"Alright, physical training time."

She disconnected from the pod, and made for the library entrance.

2. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading more of [Voldur's Guide to Transmutation] the explanations of the 'Comprehension' of matter was fairly standard in regards to basic chemistry.

It touched on the structure and arrangement of molecules, to the various combinations of elements which can be used to strengthen or weaken an object.

The interesting part started when I got to the deconstruction section.

[The process of deconstruction of matter at its very base is to undo the bonds previously established by the formation of the object. In the majority of all cases, the destruction of these bonds only goes as deep as the molecular level as anything further would no longer be the area of transmutation but that of the Gods.

By breaking down the bonds which were seemingly set in stone for the object, you can further your knowledge about the natural state of matter and of the process in which these bonds were formed, helping later in the construction stage.

Without a proper understanding on the natural bonds which exist with in all forms of matter, the deconstruction phase would be equivalent to repairing a watch with a sledgehammer, which is why it is important to properly understand the state of the elements in the universe...]

'Seems to be fairly interesting,' I think to myself as I read more of the book, 'I wonder who this Voldur guy is?' I ask myself a question which I won't be able to answer.

Naraku and Exitiumm like this.
  3. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((That's some amazing improvement there. Well, getting fatally stabbed is probably a good motivation.))

((Would the fantasy world even know about molecules? And would it be iterated in basic books? <.<))

4. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    OoC: I can't think of any other way to explain transmutation tbh. Basic level chemistry seems to cover most of it.

Don't worry construction is going to be where it shows its at basic level.

5. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((More of the equipment change, really. The naginata allows the fighter to stay at mid range, so that decreases the threat of the claws. Plus, she's played against it in games before, and she's also got used to the movements somewhat. It'd usually take me 3 rounds to achieve this, so I figured a total of 15 rounds was decent enough :blobsmilehappyeyes: ))

Exitiumm likes this.
  6. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Actually, transmutation doesn't seem like chemistry. Chemistry deals more with atoms, while transmutation deals with the rearranging of neutrons and positrons. Which, I suppose, is more along the lines of nuclear reactors and physics.

SpearOfLies likes this.
  7. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone's working so hard...

From gathering information, to physical training, to whatever hyperbolic magic mental matrix program that ridiculously horrifying Librarian is doing, absolutely everyone was trying their best to improve. And what had I done since I got here? Almost lick a goddamn door, fumble over myself because of a few fantastical fantasy fake outs, and end up getting effectively soft blocked from the Human's Party of Competent People.

Skills. When it came down to it, I didn't have enough, and it was glaringly obvious.
    That's what this whole song and dance was here for wasn't it?
    Well if abilities n' acquisition is the name of this Rodeo, then people better start calling me the fucking Clown because I'm going to ride this ride for all it's worth!

Marching right back to the Ceremonial Hall for dimensional travelers, my confidence was slowly sapped as the huge crystal in the center of the room came back into view. No, no no! Can't bitch out now! Between bending at the knee in reverence and up and glomping this thing, there is practically no telling on how to treat this thing with actual etiquette so the best course of action would be to just act natural!

"So, is this where we stand in line for the Satan's Soul Sucker Express? Choo-choo, first stop: Potential Unlocked?" somewhere along this sentence there was the start of a joke, somewhere... guess it just ran out of steam.

@The Everdistant Utopia

8. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Sooooo lets go with "magic" for now?))

9. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Slowly opening my eyes, I was stunned by where I was. Then after a few seconds, I slowly remembered what happened.

'I really died huh...'

Stretching my body who became sore after sleeping on the floor, I noticed that I slept for quite a long time. It seemed I was quite tired; maybe because my body needed time to adapt to my Blessings ? After eating so much, it was obvious that I'll sleep well. Maybe something like 'your vessel increased in size, now you need to fill it up' happened ?

Focus

'Yes, yes...'

Yawning, I made my way towards the table to get my breakfast. I needed energy for what I was about to do.

'I wonder where the toilets are...'

Haitaka likes this.
  10. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After eating, I made my way towards the Library. I read the rules, which seemed quite strange, and ignored any Human or non-Human. I was a little depressed, after dying and all of that, so I hope they could forgive me to not talk to them.

Focus

Following the signs, I finally found the toilets. After attending to my bodily needs and washing myself, I came back to the Library.

Taking a pen and a sheet of paper from a random table, I began to write down what I wrote for my application form back when I was with the Goddess(which I still don't know the name now that I think about it).

Name: Derrax
    Race: Human(?)
    Blessings:
    -Physical Strengthening
    -Combat aptitude (Sword)
    -Poison Resistance
    -Disease Resistance
    -Heat Resistance
    -Cold Resistance
    -Magic Resistance
    -Potential
    Skills:
    -
    Special: A strange tatoo with the letter R on my chest, where my heart is located.

After I wrote down my 'Status', I began to brainstorm about ways to use my Blessings and most importantly my Resistances in a more 'active' way.

My handiest ability is my Heat Resistance I think, followed by my Physical Strengthening. With both of them, I will be able to wear an heavy armor without being cooked alive. Heat Resistance will maybe applies to my own heat, allowing me to do strenuous activities without breaking a sweat.

My Poison Resistance will maybe allow me to use doping without serious side effects...

Finally, my Magic Resistance will protect me from anything foreign, like Mind Control Magic or Curse Magic. With my Heat and Cold Resistance, I will be more protected against Fire and Ice Spells, the most common Spells(I think). Lightning may become annoying.

Maybe after getting hit by enough Spells, I will be able to feel Mana(or whatever is the energy). This is something to look into.

For now, the only thing I could do is test my Physical Strengthening and see if Heat Resistance applies to my own heat. I couldn’t work on my Combat aptitude (Sword) because, well, I didn't have a sword. Maybe there are books about swordmanship?

Going back to my corner in the Ceremonial Hall where I layed down my clothes, I began to do some training.

Let's see how strong is my body.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  11. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    (( I don't even know what he is going for :blobneutral: Is that magic? Or is that alchemy? Does the guy that write that book have zero affinity with magic? :blobneutral: ))

12. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Senya had finished a few sets of exercises, testing her physical ability on some of the collapsed piles of stones in the corners, and found out that while she could smash small rocks in pieces with her fists alone, it also made her hands quite numb. Then she decided to try something else; she picked up stones small enough to fit her palm, and crushed them into powder. That took longer, but her hands didn't feel as numb. In fact, she didn't feel much at all.

"Huh. Much fitter than I thought."

Still, no matter how much she pictured a small fire burning, there was no flames produced. Her fingers obstinately refused to set alight.

"..."

She rubbed her hands together quickly enough to make them deep red, but no fire was produced.

".................."

Her forehead was starting to heat up again, but this time she allowed it to do so. Frustration over the inability to channel fire was eating away at her, and she channeled that frustration into her eyes.

And channel fire she did---a massive wreath of flames circling her, lapping against the ceiling for a second; before the tremendous heat died away along with all traces of the blaze.

"...Wow."

Naraku, A5G_Reaper, Way and 2 others like this.
  13. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    A belly full of food and gossip sustained many a man throughout his day.

Sitting down, I finally started with something more...practical.

[Nothrician Mana Theory 101] and [The Way of Water] were my first picks.

Flipping open the former, the book included quite a number of basic principles of mana that I had previously learnt in the introduction book but went at it in greater depth.

Then, it divulged a bit into what was apparently part of Nothrician tradition, now this was interesting:

"...Nothrician Mana Theory visuals Mana not as particles or energies, but rather as threads; through the Harmonic Traditions of the school, it is established that Mana is the force that holds together the fabric of cause and effect between material phenomena..."

The gist of it was simple- Nothrician magic directly tampered with the threads of cause and effect, creating results that would otherwise have been literally impossible by essentially fooling reality to follow the whims of the caster- imagine the arsehole that calls the SWAT after twitch streamers for absolutely no reason but for shit and giggles, except he's directing literal fire to your place because the dude tricked the universe into thinking that the house should have been on fire in the first place.

One could very easily see the appeal of such a magical theory, but there was a big downside to this magecraft.

Such magic only reliably works on mostly statistic variables- that is, anything without a soul, or really anything without a drop of intent animating them, because apparently, as many wizards can attest to- just because a person looks 2-dimension doesn't mean they are nothing but wood; things were a lot more metaphysically complicated when actual living beings were involved.
    Otherwise, it became exponentially harder to try shit, which was what prevented every single Nothrician wizard from replacing their opponent's brain with water.

Another fact was that by altering casualty in such a way, it effectively let a metaphysical beacon off every time a spell was used.

Don't understand? Imagine that the metaphysical realm is a highway of spiritual phenomena, with the power of your magical sensing being proportionate to a number of security cameras watching your local section of the highway. Now, imagine that when you do magic, you are essentially ordering something over the highway, delivered by a cool courier on a motorcycle or something, that some camera might pick up upon if they are close enough.

Now, Nothrician Casualty Magecraft sends an oversized, rickety truck that breaks every single speeding limit, with such a terrifying tire screech you didn't even need a security camera to track it when you could hear it from a proverbial mile away- even literal muggles could sense something off, visual effect or not, which also translates into rather hampered combat effectiveness when half the time the opponent knows exactly where the shots are going to fly.

All things considered though, it was quite a good read. I'll keep it for now.

Now, moving onto the next book-

Wait, seriously?

上善若水。水善利万物而不争,处众人之所恶,故几于道。居,善地;心,善渊;与,善仁;言,善信;政,善治;事,善能;动,善时。夫唯不争,故无尤。

...I wasn't informed that 'basic' magical theory books quoted from goddamn philosophical classics as well.
    "Where did this come from...ah, right. Daodejing, Chapter 8: Upper virtue is like water..."

At least it would be refreshing to have my philosophical knowledge be useful in a more tangible way for once.

Exitiumm, A5G_Reaper, Haitaka and 4 others like this.
  14. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    "I suppose you can call it that? I haven't heard such a description before, though... no matter. My job... at least for now... is to provide any who wishes for it, a skill out of their potential within. Granted I'm properly compensated."

15. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With my face getting paler after every syllable I took another step forward.

"Well you might need on hell of a compensation package after dealing with someone like me. I'm, kind of a screw up, if that wasn't perfectly obvious." gesturing to all of me, I continued "Books don't really do it for me so I hope you have some sort of magic button to make all my problems fly away."

"So, what do I need to sell my soul or something, will I have to agree to get stuck with some sort of evil mission side quest after we all get out of here? Don't tell me I've got to spread your Devil Gospel out in the Fantasy New World..." I shudder at the thought of being headhunted as a Loli's Jehova's Witness.

16. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "And I'll be taking that----*chomp*----Oh, Ranko! Have you had dinner yet?"

Whilst she casually leaned over to snag a whole leg of cow, Senya turned her gaze to the crystal in front of her and the person who looked somewhat unhinged.

@The Everdistant Utopia @BlueStar413

Naraku, A5G_Reaper, Way and 2 others like this.
  17. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    "Selling your soul? Well, while it does sound like a good trade for me, are you sure you're willing to go though?" With a light giggle, she continued. "Well, otherwise, the only thing I require is essence. Creature's essence to be precise. While a living being's essence may do for my basic sustenance, I need the full essence of many to actually use my power. If you desire to make a deal with me, I can provide you with the power to collect such essence. A loan, I guess you could call that."

Naraku likes this.
  18. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Smiling once I realized they weren't going to chomp at my bits and eat my soul, I stuck my hand out happily.

"I'm glad for any outreach you have on the line, would you believe it if I said you were one of the nicer people here?" still scary though. "What kind of help are you exactly offering though? Are we talking Phone a Friend, or Crystal Ball sort of back up? And you never said no to me being your everlasting Evangelist either."

Naraku, A5G_Reaper, Haxagen and 3 others like this.
  19. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    [The act of construction means to re-establish the bonds between the separated matter in your own vision. While the range of this can be as varied as your imagination, from creating a stuffed bear or a spear, if your comprehension of the matter does not meet the actual composition of the object it will only be met with failure. While this is also true about the deconstruction of the object, it applies further into the construction.

For example, when trying to deconstruct a sword you assume is iron, if it is actually an iron alloy with even a one percent difference in the metals composition, the process will fail, the same applies to the construction but also relies on a few different techniques in addition to basic comprehension.

When creating the new bonds of the object the level and accuracy of the mana you implement is as important as understanding the object, If you attempt to brute force the object together you would only be met with lose of the components and potentially backlash for reckless use of the art of Transmutation.

By establishing each bond individually it will make the process safer, which is recommended for beginners in the field, however, with more practice and experience these bonds can be established almost as a second nature, making the process much quicker in retrospect.

To help with the accuracy of implements new bonds, many transmuters will use a transmutation circle to focalize their mana and establish the bonds through the circle instead of doing so individually.

In regards to this process, and in summary, a understanding of the elements is needed to begin the construction process; beyond the understanding of the elements comes the understanding of the bonds formed between then, ensuring that the bonds will hold together in the new object you created and that the elements uniformly hold together. To accomplish this, the accuracy of the mana used is of key importance as to not kill yourself and others...]

"Man that was a long book," I said with a sigh as I rubbed my tired eyes, "At least I think I have an understanding of it but as for actually using it," I said looking at the mindscape machine I saw a few other people using, "I'll have to check that out later"
    @Naraku @Exitiumm

Exitiumm and Naraku like this.
  20. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, I do believe I did not."
    The girl laughed, making the crystal let out crackling sounds and the room to tremble a bit. "I guess it's hard to be nice when you're confused by the situation, so there'a that."
    "Well, as for help.... the most I can do with my current strength is to provide you with the skill to collect essence from beings you've slain, or deeds you've accomplished. It still will take a toll on my current food reserves, so I'd like to be paid back later for this small starting gift. With essence, if possible... while the act of worship may bring me benefits, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to accept any outside my chosen tribes."

Naraku and Haxagen like this.