Mini RPG This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Summoning Area)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'm tired," I said rubbing my eyes after exiting the mindscape, "At least I made some progress," I said to no one in particular as I recalled all the events which had happened within the last five hours of time in the actual world.

"I definitely need to play around more with controlling mana," I said as I started walking out into the summoning room.

'Is that the one Way was talking to?' I think to myself seeing a little girl who looked fairly similar to Senya for the other day, 'Maybe it wouldn't hurt saying hi if way was so interested,' with that I walked over to her.

@The Everdistant Utopia

2. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I continue to skim through various books about alchemy and tinkering, I come to a depressing conclusion. "Whatever I'm planning to do, it basically all needs tools... and I obviously don't have any."

With a sigh, I decide to look up the limited amount of things I can do without tools.

BlueStar413 and Derrax like this.
  3. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Amazing. Insane. These two words were enough to describe my feelings.

I did all the training I could think of and no matter what I choose, I could do it with ease. I stopped counting my push-ups after about the hundred mark. My abs were somehow able to withstand a plethora of abdominal exercices. My flexibility also seemed to have increased.

I became stronger.

I noticed I needed to eat more than usual. My energy consumption seems to have increased along my physical feats.

This afternoon,(I think. It's quite hard to tell the time here.) I decided to test the limits of my stamina. After a short rest after my meal, I began to run at a rather fast pace around the Ceremonial Hall. My speed was nothing to scoff at, but it was only after a few hours that I began to sweat and feel hot. My body truly was amazing. Each breath I took filled me with power and my mind didn't grow dull with the effort, it stayed sharp. Physical Strengthening upgraded my respiratory and blood systems after all.

I became faster.

What I learned about my Blessings, especially about Heat Resistance, will definitively be useful. It seemed to work in two ways: my body wouldn't heat up easily, either because of internal or external forces, and when it did, the heat would not be harmful in any way. Of course, it wasn't an immunity, but a resistance, so it had its limits.

I wonder how my Heat Resistance will work if I ever became sick and had a fever? Well, my Disease Resistance will most likely help me, but I wasn't immune...

Focus

Well, I tested the third most curious thing I wanted to understand, so now it was time to see what my Combat aptitude (Sword) did.

But first, let's sleep. I did quite a lot today.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Naraku, Way and Haitaka like this.
  4. Exitiumm

Exitiumm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you." Figuring a simple nod of appreciation would suffice I started walking to a random row for martial arts. Row 428, luckily I found what I desired on my first try, martial arts related to the spear. Deciding to pick a few off the shelf, I sat down, on the floor, and began to check out the works I had set my eyes on/

First up we had, [Foundations of Spearmanship] by [Leonard Von Molak], presumably a noble of some kind based off the naming conventions, in fact, the other book I read not too long ago appeared to be written by a noble as well no? An odd coincidence, one of which is slightly discomforting. I decided to put that thought out of my mind before looking at the others I picked up. [The Tyrannical Weapon: The Spear] by [Mosif], huh, this author just had a single name by which they identified by. As for the book, it appeared to be about the spear in general, from it's history, the various types, and even the legendary figures whom wielded it.

Finally I looked upon the last book I had picked up, which while substantially different from the other two did not lose out in terms of importance. [How to use the Spear in War] by [Leonard Von Molak], how surprising, I managed to find two books from the same author. I quickly dismissed this idea and analyzed the book, unlike the others it was both oddly simpler and complex, from the pictures and basic description at the bottom of each, I could tell that it was some form of martial art based around killing your opponent while in a chaotic battle. It emphasized the ability on reading one's own opponent and keeping the pressure on them at all times, yet also reading your surroundings.

I don't know how long I had spent reading them, however by the time I finished I realized one very critical problem... I'm starving, like really damn starving. It looks like I got distracted while concentrating on the books and was accidentally ignoring my body's own needs, something that I've always been quite good at doing...I stood up letting out a slight chuckle at my situation and put the books on a nearby table, before rushing out of the library and grabbing some food. Sandwiches, warm, and some water. After grabbing those I decided to sit at the table eating for a while.

After a little while I stand up and start wandering towards where the undead librarian pointed towards earlier for those mindscape assistant things... Or at least that's what I intended to do until I noticed a weird old Chinese man, how peculiarly funny. Sort of reminds me of how I always imagined Way.

@Way

Naraku and Way like this.
  5. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm? Ah, since when was I being observed by someone? There's something somewhat peculiar about that look, but let's be polite.
    A smile and a small bow.
    "Hello, there miss. Do you have anything you would like to ask?"

Arbelbyss, Naraku and Exitiumm like this.
  6. Exitiumm

Reading List:
    Link
    "Miss, hah. No matter how many times I hear it still feels unfamiliar." I said with a sigh before answering the oddly polite man, wait from the novels I read shouldn't I call him an uncle? Well, whatever.

"Actually yeah, I do have something to ask. Do you know of 'NUF Game Hub'?"

Naraku and Haitaka like this.
  7. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm? Sounds somewhat familiar, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what is an 'An U If' Game Hub.
    "...Sorry, that doesn't strike a chord."

Naraku and Exitiumm like this.
  8. Exitiumm

Reading List:
    Link
    "Haha, it's totally fine." I chuckled a bit as I looked at the middle-aged man, who doesn't seem to be apart of the server. Albeit odd, I suppose it does make sense that we were not the only one's transported to this world. However I was still curious about this man, if he was not a part of us then was he alone? Or are there groups? If so, who and how many? No, that doesn't particularly matter currently, although I am still curious I can't waste my time on such thoughts.

"Hey man, I heard of these things called 'Mindscape' assistants or some thing if you want to come join me in one. This is a bit sudden yeah, but I figured since ya understand me, are presumably human... You're human right? And seem like a fine fellow I was curious if it'd work in groups." While I was not lying in my invitation I was not being entirely truthful either, hey look, another habit of mine. I was curious about this man's ability, of course that is if he is foolish enough to show it during our time together.

Naraku likes this.
  9. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? Well, that was a sudden invitation. I do have an inkling that I'm being probed out, rather than due to my looks or anything so superficial, which now made it all the more awkward since I was being invited by a young woman.

But...well, can't be rude, and besides this gives me an opening to understand more about the many others here as well, since I would rather be playing with an open hand than be making blind conjectures.
    It helped that even after showing one of my main ability by other ability contrasted enough that it could still act as a trump card in the future if I were ever to come to dispute...

"Well, sure then. Would you like to go first, miss?"

10. Exitiumm

Reading List:
    Link
    "Do away with the miss title if you would. You might as well speak as you normally do." Sighing I replied to the man, getting slightly annoyed by the miss title now and started walking towards one of the capsules, opening the lid I realized I forgot to ask my new 'friend' some things.

"Hey, how should I call you? And you care what scenario I use? As for me, you can just call me hmm, Ein. As in the German word for one, I assume you're from Earth and all."

Naraku likes this.
  11. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Having finished dinner, I wandered back into the library to do some reading. Grabbing a few more books that caught my fancy, I made my way over to the hyperbolic chamber and tucked myself in, having decreased time dilation to the maximum.

And I practiced creating flames.

'Fire Manipulation and Fire Magic aren't the same thing. The mana-fuelled blaze created by magic quickly goes out without a supply, but fire-based entities have greater staying power.'

Even so, I was only able to produce a small fire from my fingers, which quickly winked out after I got distracted.

'Emotion fuels fire. A stronger emotion will create a bigger fire; that's how it always worked.'

If so, I'm in trouble. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel any strong emotions. I never did, even in all the years of my life...

...Wait a minute. How old am I?

I walked over to a small pond that was part of the landscape, and studied my reflection closely.

The girl that stared back was me; that I could be sure of. But just the act of looking at my own face filled me with a sense of bitterness.

Why?

What's with this sadness that eats away at my heart, tearing it to little pieces? I don't understand. Why do I get the feeling that I've forgotten something important?

And why does it hurt so much...?

Naraku and Way like this.
  12. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm. Now, of course, I couldn't tell my real name for various reasons metaphysical, so let's say...
    "Call me Yi. Justice, Righteousness, Meaning and various more meanings in chinese."

13. Exitiumm

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yi, huh. You planning on becoming a hero?" With a chuckle I sit inside the capsule and shut the lid, noting that they made a slight slip in revealing what was likely their previous ethnicity. I closed my eyes and started trying to connect to the mindscape, at first there was darkness, but within this darkness I knew there was something giving me a choice on what to create. Now, what should I create? A survival situation? A giant battle? Or something else?

After a few minutes of wondering I decided to just form a vast forest with the following conditions:
    1. You're being chased by elite knights who are after you.
    2. You must escape or remain uncaptured for 24 hours.
    3. You spawn with a knife, and a small pouch. But nothing more or less.
    4. Every 6 hours, the number of search parties will double.
    5. The first 12 hours of the scenario will be in the Day, and the final 12 at night.

Satisfied with my works creation, I tried bringing Yi into it by forming a mental image of the man and the thought of 'Invitation'.

Arbelbyss, Naraku, Way and 1 other person like this.
  14. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    A hero? Images of martial expert leaping great heights, displaying incredible martial prowess and engaging in a battle of cunning wit blossomed in my brain.
    What man did not have a dream of being a hero? Whether a shining knight that slays evil or a wanderer that helps any in need, the idea was ultimately the same.
    Perhaps...in this new world, such dreams he would achieve.
    Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I accepted the invite Ein had sent.

Arbelbyss, Naraku and Exitiumm like this.
  15. Exitiumm

Reading List:
    Link
    Noticing that Yi seemed to accept my invitation, I cracked a smile, although it did feel a bit odd linking consciousness like this it wasn't horrible. In fact, it was even a bit enlightening as it gave you a different perspective almost. Looking over again at the settings of the world, I tried sending the board over to my partner.

'Did ya get that? If so, let's hurry up and start. No need to waste time that could be spent preparing us.'

Naraku likes this.
  16. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Opportunity missed to be "One" in both german and chinese.))

((No hesitation stepping into pods of eldritch flesh? :blobcozy: ))

17. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl knelt on the stone tiles, sobbing gently.

As to why she was in such a state, nobody knew. Perhaps even Senya herself didn't know.

Her memories weren't jumbled up, and she was perfectly healthy. The whole landscape around her---a temple centuries old---was an imaginary replica of a real memory.

But nevertheless, she cried alone within the landscape, the gentle sobbing echoing off the walls as the evening sunset dyed the surroundings in darkening shades of red and grey.

But even as the night's darkness approached, a ring of small, weak flames encircled Senya, providing meagre illumination. They weren't particularly hot or bright.

But for the girl who eventually fell asleep, it was more than enough.

Naraku, Way, Exitiumm and 1 other person like this.
  18. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Did I fuckin' stutter?))

19. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever that object was, it fell apart into base materials. Without finer understanding of mana and [Mana Manipulation], such experiments were doomed to fail. But, hey! There are a bunch of weird new materials nobody has ever seen in the pile. Studying those might turn out useful in the future.
    {{ Transmuting at lvl 1 won't allow for a complete object to be recreated, only materials. }}

20. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Stfu mr. [​IMG] ))