LCD Throne of Magical Arcana

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.....Prince, Princess, it seems like.....Urine trouble......

I'm not going to apologize.

GoGoInTheA55 likes this.
  2. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    That was bad and you should feel bad

Seraphic likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those don't seem like church attacks. I wonder if the Hand of Paleness decided to protect its members heads from explosion by killing anyone connected with Felipe and the Professor's research.

4. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    ohh boii lucien busted mr professor. when will he kill felipe!

5. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    nuke about to hit on hand of paleness belief! :blobowoevil::blobowoevil_horns::blobthinkingsmirk::blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

6. Sleepy Deer

Sleepy Deer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You gotta feel for the people whose very lives depend on them never being wrong. They must feel pretty relieved that none of them made or bought into such wonderful theories like caloric theory, luminiferous aether, or perpetual motion devices.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the cat is out of the proverbial bag now. Schrodinger ought to be quite relieved ;)

I wonder if Woods will try to convince him to try and recant his findings or something to protect him from the backlash. If not, I hope he plans to offer Lucien some very nice benefits. There's no way this edition won't make history, which can only be a good thing for it and for Woods' career.

Also curious how many arcana points Lucien will get for this paper. Its impact is arguably on par with the table of elements, though to a completely different field.
    Its a world of magic. Perpetual motion might actually be possible there ;)

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if this will be enough to get his name on the list a second time, and if his ranking will be higher as Lucien Evans or as the Professor ;)

Also curious why the HoP execs are so anxious to see Felipe succeed in his experiment. I would think that it would just make things worse, not better.

9. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's one thing if the theory of life force (TLF) is overturned, it's another one if it's overturned by their competitors.
    And the execs who support Felipe are aware since a bit of time that the TLF is going to be overturned, so they likely have already taken precautions to not explode.

jacobpaige likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but if that's their reasoning, then why are they leaving it to Felipe? Now that big wigs of the WoE are getting involved, it's very possible for them to beat him to the punch. They have a lot more power (computational and otherwise), experience and other resources at their disposal than he does.

Lokumi likes this.
  11. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right.
    I don't remember if Felipe gave the formula for creating the artificial product, if not it may be simply because they didn't knew how to reproduce and so can't research, and now that they can reproduce it, it is better to wait and prepare for Felipe paper.
    And if he gave the formula well... I don't kbow

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C230: So, why can’t he win the two prizes still, and just claim them later along with the credit?

C231: If it’s such a great sacrifice, then why not just wait until they leave the country and kill them then? As I understand the mission system, they basically have to leave eventually, and killing them outside is far, far easier. Or are they afraid that Felipe and Lucien will further overthrow the theory before then?

I wonder how many necromancer heads will explode permanently, and how many priests will lose their faith. Though honestly, if their faith can be shaken by this, then they never truly believed in their god in the first place as far as I'm concerned. They just believed in the church.

13. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because they have the honor of scientist?
    it was felipe's lead - he should be the one to get the credit.
    similar case occurred when lucien threw his idea for 'this' experiment.

it's not about right or wrong (well it is, but everything done in the name of the lord will always be right).
    why the rush? those 2 bigwigs think it is necessary to give the message "don't try to mess with god's teaching" out immediately

taking it to this plane: human cloning is illegal right?

14. applestooranges

applestooranges cxxxxx[::::::::::> <:::::::::::::::]xxxxxכ

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone give me a good synopsis of this novel? I want to see whether or not I want to read it but the NuF summary isn't exactly helpful for that...

15. applestooranges

Reading List:
    Link
    NU*

16. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the MC was some scientist or something on earth and was like omg dead.

He gets reborn into the body of some boy who pretty much got beat to death by religious fanatics cause maybe he had some witch taint on him.

Anyway he lives and wanders outside in time to see a witch being burned at the stakes, so he's like "um maybe medieval europe rebirth get?" But then the burning witch does freaking magic and he's like "omg maybe not," or it might have been the priests doing holy spells like "SMITE YOU FOUL DEMON!"

Any way he realizes he ain't in kansas, and get convinced to go into some sewers to clean some witch taint, where he finds a book and start practicing magic and it seems to coincide with science so "he get gud" and does music too, cause why not and he plays all classical and shiz and the pleasure denying, science hating rif raf love him. All the while hiding his magical pursuits from the church and pretty much everyone else.

17. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC was never a scientist on earth

18. Silangan

Silangan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading it and I remember he was still studying in a library before and fell asleep there and died. So yeah, he's no scientist, prob just a college student.

19. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair I said "or something," also the beginning was way long ago, don't sweat the small stuff.

20. applestooranges

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright thanks mate