Recommendations Till The End of The Moon

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by GH_98, Apr 27, 2023.

1. GH_98

GH_98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a tiktok addict, the algorithm always gives me a new fixation to obsess over. Recently, I’ve been seeing a lot of videos and snippets from the new Chinese drama “ Till The End of The Moon”, and oh. my. god! I fell in LOVE slowly. Is there any fans of the show here by any chance?? That’s why I made the decision of watching it very soon(inshallah) but then I thought after watching It I would most probably begin a new obsession which is historical Chinese novels. I’ve been on novel updates for almost a year and a half now and I always saw people making lists of CN dramas but I just never delved deeper because everything was just so new to me and I wasn’t confident I could find my way in. But now I feel new signs of wanting to try out the historical/romance novels that give off the same vibes as till the end of the moon. So do you guys have any recommendations or know someone who is an expert in this field?

2. TheM5393

TheM5393 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you haven't watched Chinese Xianxia style drama before Till the End the of the moon, than I would recommend you watch a few of them before jumping to the bandwagon. I would like to warn you they are addictive. However, if you truly want to start with Till the End of the moon drama than some of the first things that may distract you are the VFX followed by the dubbing (also extremely cheezy, but I like my dramas extra cheezy). I have been watching the drama and I am at episode 30 now (needless to say I am a fan). The drama is going to be 40 episodes although initially the plan was 58 episodes (however, due to stricter Chinese laws as well as to avoid censorship delays things have been edited) the plot moves fast, quick paced not a lot of unnecessary fillers.

The primary reason I along with a lot of other people actually started watching the drama was because of the lead pair playing the ML and FL aka Luo Yunxi and Bai Lu. They did another drama together before Till the end of the moon, which was also very popular called Love is Sweet. There chemistry as well as camaraderie is truly amazing, in my opinion.

If you decide to want to try something other than Till the End of the Moon in the Chinese drama landscape than I would recommend, Goodbye My princess (also from a Chinese Novel called 'Eastern Palace'), The love between Fairy and Devil (also from a Chinese Novel) and Ashes of Love ( also from a Chinese Novel). Just as a warning the above mentioned Xanxia Romance fantasy Chinese dramas are looooooong and once you start getting the hang of them oddly addictive. So proceed with caution! :p

Sheri_Yui_Chan and GH_98 like this.
  3. yuri_moon

yuri_moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg i love goodbye my princess and love between fairy and devil also goodbye my princess has my fav cn ost so good and angsty

4. TheM5393

TheM5393 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have watched a disturbing amount C drama and K drama. Xianxia, Wuxia, Fantasy nonsense are my most favorite genre. The only condition I have is that the chemistry between the actors has to work onscreen, as long as that works I honestly don't care about the story. Hence, I would highly recommend Till the end of the moon, because regardless of whether or not the story is up to your liking the chemistry between the ML and FL is just 'chefs kiss' :love: .:meowgrin:

5. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to like C drama's but they always tear apart the OG stories because of the strict laws in China. But its probably because i like rebirth / revenge stories. They always have to change anything that has to do with rebirth or reincarnation. I love the novels of "The Princess Wei Yang" and "Poison Genius Consort" and I've watched the drama adaptions for both. They were fun, but much more light hearted then the original novels.

6. PechDepi

PechDepi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, spoiler for some of the drama that was recommended. Not actual spoiler, just telling you in case.
    There are a lot of dying and angst. So while the sneak peek might look happy or sad. Just expect to have them try to kill each other every other episodes.

Absolute crying feast. Just sad shit but the drama is not bad. It’s just pain is the key.

Actually not that angst (beside the last few episodes) if you compare to Good bye my princess. The lead have some good chemistry and some stories lines.

Pretty balance between sweetness and angst. Although some episodes did really make your heart break.

Pretty different from novel and drama. Drama due to episodes and censorship, become more dare I say, light hearted. While the novel was full of scheming and revenge.

Different, though I say, they keep some elements there.

And yes, most C drama are usually long and they will break it into unofficial 2 season to battle the censorship and law. But currently the law make it’s about 40 episodes, each episode is 60+ minutes and if you want to air in season, you have to wait at least 6 months before the second season can air. So expect a lot of 40+ episodes drama for new one. And a lot more for the older one.

Now if you like politics historical, I have one for you. A bit older drama (2015) but it’s good. Name: Nirvana In Fire.

Note: Any drama with this (*) next to it mean it’s a classic and usually have many adaptations. So pick your like.

Xianxia?
    • Ten miles of peach blossom (Aka eternal love) drama versions.
    • Love and redemption
    • The blood of youth.
    • White snake and green snake*
    • The immortal samsara
    • Journey to the west*
    Wu xia?
    • Chinese paladin*
    • Handsome siblings*
    • Joy of Life
    • The legend of condor heroes*
    • Heavenly sword and Dragon slaying Sabre*
    A bunch of beautiful woman fighting in the palace?
    • Yanxi palace
    • Ruyi royal love
    • Legend of Zhen huan
    • Legend of Miyue (not set in Qing dynasty like the 3 above.
    • The king’s woman (set in Qin dynasty)
    • Legend of Haolan (Qin dynasty)
    • The legend of Dugu (have 2 drama come out at similar times with different name but both about Dugu)
    • The imperial doctress
    A good family maybe add some drama?
    • Legend of Minglan
    • Love like the galaxy.

Questions? Ask.
    If I remember more, I will updates.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  7. GH_98

GH_98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omgggggg thank you for the info and recs Im definitely gonna check them out!

love between fairy and devil has a lot of talk about it and I think people are onto something (y)

this is a thorough list thank you !!<3333333333

8. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    And if you are looking for novel, do know that some of the drama that was recommended have novel but some end, some unfinished or some was dropped.

GH_98 likes this.
  9. SinfulChibi

SinfulChibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Farhana Ansari

Farhana Ansari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn’t watch the drama. But seeing how they're on each other's throat all the time, how do they even fall for each other. Or do they even????

11. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    They do fall in love but it’s just that they are in opposite side. The fl mission is literally to killed the ml before he become evil like he was in the future. But when the old him finally experienced some kindness from the fl, his heart get softer.

12. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh I've read Till The End Of The Moon. If I remember correctly, it's name is Black Moonlight Holds The BE Script. I also posted a novel pick-up request for that novel back in 2021. From what I remember, the author of that novel wrote another one that is kinda similar to Black Moonlight but that's just based on the description I've read.

Sheri_Yui_Chan likes this.
  13. shrey_si

shrey_si Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. Just redid my to watch list.

14. EVA EVA

EVA EVA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,can u tell me if its happy ending in novel,I'm thinking of reading but I hate sad endings,I don’t read tragedy novels.

15. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/73997/
    This is my list containing most of the Chinese drama adaptations and their source novels and it will be regularly updated , if you like it ,please do check the list out .

My list looks like this for Example :-
    Heart Protection
    The drama that it has been adapted to is called "Back from the brink" available in YouTube

Youku English channel (so English subs are available )

Starring Hou Minghao (Neo Hou) - acting as Tian Yao , Zhou Ye - acting as Yan Hui

Total no of episodes :- 40

Duration:- 45 mins

Fabulous OST Zhou Shen - Floating (intro song ) , Liu Yu Ning The passing wind (ending song) , Hou Ming Hao(Neo Hou)- Qi Ming Xing , Yan Ming Xi - Nirvana ,Xu Dai Fei - Floating Snow ,Estelle Chen - Dang Ge .

Seven Unfortunate Lifetimes, All Thanks to a Single Moment of Impulse
    Upcoming drama yet to be released tentative(not sure there is also a rumor it might be mysterious lotus book case that will be released too so we do not have any further confirmation) release date is said to be July 22nd 2023 "

Drama name :- Love you seven times (Will be broadcasted on IQiyi )

Total no of episodes :- 36

Starring :- Ding Yu Xi - acting as Chu Kong , Yang Chao Yue acting as Xiang Yun .

Joy of Life
    Joy of Life season 1 (2019)" broadcasted on IQiyi also available on Tencent , YoYo channel , Prime Video.

Genre:- Mystery, Romance, Wuxia, Fantasy

Total no of episodes:- 46

Starring : - Zhang Ruo Yun acting as Fan Xian , Li Qin acting as Li Wan Er.

Demon King/The Parting of the Orchid and Cang

Drama name:- Love between the fairy and the devil (Broadcasted on IQiyi ) also available on Netflix , Viki Not available on YouTube after episode 2 (need member ship for watching further episodes).

Genre:- Comedy, Romance, Wuxia, Fantasy

Total no of episodes :- 36

Starring :- Yu Shu Xin acting as / Orchid , Dylan Wang acting as Dongfang Qing Cang

Love When the Stars Falls
    Drama name:- The Starry Love (Broadcasted on Youku English channel (You Tube) , also available on Viki.

Part three of Honey trilogy after Ashes of Love and Skate Into Love.

Genre:- Comedy, Romance, Wuxia, Fantasy

Starring :- Chen Xing Xu acting as Empyrean Xuan Shang , Landy Li acting as Li Guang Ye Tan , Luke Chen acting as Chao Feng [Third Prince of the void realm) ,He Xuan Lin acting as Li Guang Qing Kui

The Founder of Diabolism
    Drama name:- The Untamed (Broadcasted on Tencent Video(YouTube) , also available on Netflix , Apple Tv , Prime , Viki)

Total no of episodes :- 50

Genre:- Mystery, Wuxia, Fantasy , Censored Adaptation Of Same-sex Original Work .

Starring :- Xiao Zhan acting as Wei Wu Xian , Wang Yibo acting as Lan Wang Ji .

Di Huang Shu
    Drama name :- The Legend of Anle (Has not yet aired will be broadcasted on Youku English channel this year)

Genre:- historical romantic drama

Total no of episodes:- 40

Directed by Cheng Zhichao and Ma Huagan

Starring :- Dilraba Dilmurat acting as Ren Anle, Di Ziyuan , Simon Gong Jun acting as Han Ye , and Liu Yuning acting as Luo Mingxi.

Zhu Yan
    Currently airing Drama name:- "The longest Promise" Broadcasting on Tencent Video also available on WeTv site not yet available on YouTube Also available on Netflix.

Genre:- Romance, Wuxia, Fantasy, Political

Starring :- Xiao Zhan acting as Shi Ying , Ren Min acting as Zhu Yan

And more like these are on my list mentioned above .

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    Coffea to Ell likes this.
  16. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Just when you think it ends in up in tragedy, it's a happy ending. Something good kinda happens at the end so that it won't end up in tragedy.

EVA EVA likes this.