Discussion TMW Quality Drop?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Aszure, May 10, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda have to agree. In this case the Shen Tu people aren't being that dumb. The people who are making a fuss about it, just want something to complain about until they get their brick fix

2. dniv

dniv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know. I think Sovereign of the Three Realms is a rather creative story. Not everyone is Er Gen or Kamachi Kazuma foreshadowing important plot points like literally 20 volumes in advance in their writing. Sovereign of the Three Realms seems like it hasn't started yet tbh. I think that we'll get to see more interesting stuff in the story the closer our protagonist returns to the tier of power that is near the people that he used to rule over as his father's son. I'm sure that'll factor in eventually.

As far as TDG goes. Yeah, that story has very little planning. It's still relatively enjoyable though so meh. TMW does have planning. Just slow execution. Though I will agree that ZTJ is honestly amazing and a lot better than most or all other Xianxia's I've seen.

I still think that I may end up preferring TTNH though because it's just so well written. At the rate, the writing is improving, I'll start liking TTNH more than ISSTH. :) Lol, that'll take a while though, but it has indeed gotten better more quickly considering how much shorter the translation currently is.

In the end though I think that it's normally impossible to see where an excellent expansive story is going without making it feel contrived. Xianxias have an appeal in that you have no clue what's going to happen in them and they go all over the place. In a sense, it makes them trashy, but it's also rather freeing and allows the author to write with a lot more direct feedback from the readers (a lot more so than with manga) which is very nice. Anime, manga, WN's, all have their appeals, but atm I really enjoy the top WN writers.

3. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not necessarily the quality dropped but, I can feel limitations in the story for one, and two, it takes forever for even a single 'meaningful' thing to happen in one chapter. They drag things out too much lately, and its extremely annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.