Spoiler To those that read Zhanxian/Immortal Executioner MC Coldblooded? [Chapter 692]

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by GinMagi, Nov 30, 2018.

1. GinMagi

GinMagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently started to read immortal executioner, I am up to chapter 692, at that part the Yang Chen, is trying to destroy the Greatest Heaven Sect, with the help of other sects.
    He committed two powerful deeds that seem like would work.
    1. Led the Young Sect Master of Greatest Heaven Sect to practice a Demonic Technique
    2. Gave them a formation that sucks up all the spiritual energy in the world which would cause all sects to hate the Greatest Heaven Sect.
    My issue is with the first point he gave this demonic technique to the young sect master, that dude captured countless innocent people to eat and use as cauldron furnaces so he can get stronger.
    Yet the MC always uses that whole "I don't want Karma for every debt there is a debtor" statement. Isn't that extremely contradictory? He literally caused the death of hundreds of innocent individual yet acts like it has nothing to do with him.

I didn't read any further from chapter 692 so no spoilers
    Thanks!

2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because, arguably, the deaths of the people had nothing to do with him. He holds no karma for what the scumbag young master did. If you start thinking like this, about karma chains, then you'd be unable to read a lot of CNs because a lot of them will have similar situations in some way or another.

3. GinMagi

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if we ignore the Karma part, isn't the fact that countless individuals were used as cauldron furnaces by the young sect master still the MC's fault for influencing that young sect master to practice that technique?

4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    the young sect master was a fairly evil scumbag anyway. He probably would have done the same if he'd happened to have just found the technique with not influence from outside or if someone else had given it to him.

5. GinMagi

Reading List:
    Link
    In Yang Chen's first life (his second life is a repeat of his first life), the young sect master was killed by someone else and pinned on the MC, so it is directly the MC's influence and changes that he caused in his second life, caused hundreds of innocent people to be humiliated as well as killed. Another thing is that the young sect masters injuries, as well as other factors caused by the MC, created the factor in which he needs to strengthen his spiritual awareness (soul) which is why he was influenced to learn the technique. But yeah, either way, the young sect master is an evil scumbag.