Spoiler To You Who Never Loved Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by asterylis, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG the cover art is gorgeous. What artist drew it?

Fostofina, snowberry and DOHere like this.
  2. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it’s the same artist as I’ll be the matriarch in this life

Fostofina, snowberry, DOHere and 2 others like this.
  3. jajagem

jajagem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i seriously doubt I'm gonna like this one. ciao guys. I'm not gonna read this. the story seems like full of bullsh*t and I'm not ready for that.

4. illysillymilly

illysillymilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same actually lol. I just read the first 12 chapters and it seemed like it was very promising but reading the spoiler has made me feel like hmm naaahhhhh this is some bewlshiet

5. Kinksexual

Kinksexual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks super interesting.

6. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa adaptation of this novel is going to be released on September 9 and this would still be changed depending on the publisher.

7. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He got married with whom and his wife is good or not??

sleepybakaneko likes this.
  8. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
  9. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is too complicated for my brain, i feel sorry for fl and thank for spoiler but i dont think i will read this novel

10. NoirB

NoirB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All in all, it all happened because of a bunch of gods? Dang. It's okay for me to read ones where the conflicts caused by the humans themselves because they're not perfect but gods?? Like obviously humans would believe in/afraid of them. They're much superior beings.

Thank you @lostxrain for the spoilers. You're a hero! :blob_pompom:

RakaSarkar, Nefroza and lostxrain like this.
  11. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    man i was hoping for actual angst with ml having no happy end lol but that was too much to hope for ig lol

12. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    naririn, augacutan and Fabulous like this.
  13. Misa14

Misa14 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like unrepentant

Aeiru28 and Scapezz like this.
  14. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah gonna past on this one. It'd too complicated and confusing for my taste.

DOHere, Alev and macrhh like this.
  15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll give it a try hoping that the ML is not a total a$$hole, but honestly this gives me “There Were Times When I Wished You Were Dead” vibes,
    where ML is a d*ck that mentally abuses MC and uses her in his schemes and only becomes nice to her when it turns out that she’s the person who saved him a long time ago.

16. hanihoney

hanihoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, I hate him too. idk why the author make him the ML

athene911, Ghost123, DOHere and 4 others like this.
  17. Aestheronyxx

Aestheronyxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the FL regret her affection for ML? that she loves the one that take advantage of her???? Did she ever realizes or she's that naive to not realize that ML is just using her as a tool for something???????

DOHere and Diaryy like this.
  18. stan_wekimeki

stan_wekimeki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pure shit show.. its unfortunate because the art is really pretty

19. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ****Editing past blurbs on spoiler threads and labeling as discussion for anyone who wants to skip to spoilers

The problem w/ these stories is that it rides on the ONE TRUE LOVE or FATED LOVE bs narrative and that's why MC or ML are written to find it hard to move on. Tbh, I wish there were more historical, romance novels that normalized dating multiple partners for both the MC and ML (I am the Male Lead's Ex-Girlfriend - both MC and ML) and moving on from toxic relationships or unrequited love w/ MCs coming to the conclusion their self worth is more valuable than any love that exists b/c the person you should love the most is yourself (Beware the Villainess). The emphasis on purity of virginity is also meh b/c most people don't end up marrying their first love and for women, it can be used against them (abandoned wife has a new husband).

I also wish for novels to normalize someone that looks plain or has an average height or has an average sized dick for the ML (If You Touch My Brother You're All Dead - Glenn has a physical disability and is of average height / looks but apparently he has a huge D according to ending spoilers) and a very average looking girl who does not fit the "obscenely, otherworldly beautiful woman" requirement (Miss Not So Sidekick - Latte!).

It makes me sad when MCs pine for someone and in the end they end up sacrificing themselves. Seriously what's so good about that person, they may be hot and have solid achievements but they don't treat you well so what's the point? Also, that person is not obligated to return their affection to you, you can't force someone to like you and in the end, you're also at fault for torturing yourself and hoping for someone to treat you the way you want to be treated when they've consistently shown you they are not able to.

- an irl MC of this time period would just think "he doesn't like me OH WELL that other guy I met on Tinder is cute and has a better job + salary and it seems we're both mutually interested in each other, besides, I know what I'm worth and if ML doesn't see it then it's his loss, he's not worth the effort"

- and the irl ML would think "I still have a crush on that girl from a long time ago but it seems like there will be a slim chance of me ever meeting her, does it even make sense for me to put all my hopes on meeting her again when she might not even remember me and even if she did, it doesn't guarantee it would work out now b/c we've both prob changed a lot over the years. Meanwhile, I've gone out on 5 dates with this girl in front of me and we have the same values, share the same goals, and want similar things for the future (children, location, retirement, etc.), we have great chemistry and I can't stop smiling every time I'm with her. Does it make sense for me to throw all of this away for someone I barely remember?"

I don't understand why authors think it's a good idea to write stuff like "There were times I wished you were dead", "on the emperor's lap", "I don't want to be loved", or "who's your daddy". In all 4, the MLs treat the MCs awfully then they redeem themselves through grandiose gestures to make up for all the abuse, torment, r*pe, etc and MC ends up w/ them & have children. Bruh, IRL those are symptoms of abusive relationships and it's called "love bombing". It makes me question what their personal life is like for them to write these novels....

-TWTWIWYWD - verbal abuse, public humiliation, physical assault (Karlois assaults MC in the holding cell halfway through the novel, I think he tore the front of her dress and physically pushed her)
    >>>>readers who only read beginning of manhwa were like "nah man let's give him the benefit of the doubt, it's understandable b/c her dad tried to kill him and wants the throne, it's only verbal abuse anyways"

-OTEL - ML sold MC to slavery (AND SHE STILL FALLS IN LOVE WITH HIM LOL), r*pes her

-IDWTBL - ML r*pes her multiple times in 1st TL b/c of a misunderstanding that MC hates him and this was his form of punishment for unrequited love, he also thought of r*ping her again in the 2nd TL when they got into an argument
    >>>>readers were like "nah man, he just loves her a lot and he didn't actually cheat (have sex w/ her step sister), he's not that bad, come on he rewinds time for her"
    - abandoned empress is controversial b/c 1st TL ML & 2nd TL ML are 2 different people so the argument is 2nd TL ML shouldn't be held responsible for 1st TL's actions, but the ML in this novel is same guy in both TLs.....

-WYD - multiple scenes of r*pe, crown prince ML held up investigation for serial killer b/c he's mad at MC - there were more victims b/c of him
    >>>>readers were like "so what, crown prince is hot"

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  20. Purplerules

Purplerules Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i honestly don't know what to think about this story, but this might be a rollercoaster of emotions for me