LCD Top Management

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jun 9, 2016.

1. aitortilla03

aitortilla03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The writer still is on hiatus or already resumed the novel?

2. emptycube

emptycube Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still on hiatus... q.q He made an announcement updating his condition back in December.

Wujigege and aitortilla03 like this.
  3. aitortilla03

aitortilla03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thanks!

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope he doesn't allow the pressure to make him claim that one of those projects will be a hit. I'm 90% certain he'd wind up regretting it.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope he's recording the conversation. If not, I'm not sure how he'll get rid of the guy, and if he sticks around, he'll definitely try to sabotage anything he can get away with sabotaging.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, looks like that recording wasn't necessary after all ;)

7. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Just more evidence to keep. But man, the fact he knows there are others who know his secret, yet also knows he has enough dirt that they shouldn't have given him up... He's the equivalent of a job NTR who doesn't hesitate to rise in the ranks... Yea, I dunno a better term than 'Job NTR'.

Only, he didn't expect to face off against a Prophet...

8. Elawn

Elawn 『Binge Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually hopes he posts it on the company's chat group, that bastard's been making me uneasy for a while, I feel so refreshed.

9. Amss

Amss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you all actually like that resolution? Cause I'm personally cheesed by it and I'm actually thinking of dropping TM because of it. It's just such a piece of bad writing. I really can't get how you people can be satisfied with that.

'Yea the guy who may have screwed you up in a possible future was an evil bastard all along.'
    'Yea fuck him, i knew I was right to spend all that time being paranoid of him'

It cheeses me so much not just cause of what it was, but because of what It could've been. Seriously, wouldn't it have been better if the traitor had just been a regular guy? A guy who was presented with a chance to excel and chose to take it. Especially considering how paranoid the MC had been behaving and that what he saw was just a possible future, making the traitor a normal person would've entailed some serious self reflection on the part of the MC about himself, his powers, and people in general. Everybody, everywhere could screw you over or not if given a chance the only difference is which future you get to see.

mr.tanen likes this.
  10. mr.tanen

mr.tanen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree...it's not to the point i think of dropping it, but as cathartic as the scene may seem, i thought it was the lowest point of the series from a writing quality point of view

the dude had such a long (and imo pretty good) build-up, only to be undone in a single chapter and so stupidly...it seems like the author couldn't be arsed with that subplot any longer

Amss likes this.
  11. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO, I feel doing this would've made me drop it instead. Traitor is normal? MC already went through this sub-issue once and only a future scene of traitor ONCE AGAIN trying to one-up him showed he shouldn't bother. I feel the story would've been even thinner if, for some reason, his power was so flawed as to make a normal person guilty.

Doing such a plot would've meant a great deal. It means the future isn't already heading in that direction, and that he should simply have left most of his choices up to fate with a good chance of it not resulting in the Bad End. Traitor only shows up as a bad guy in the future, but IRL he's an average joe? That's such a big flaw that most of the audience would've complained about your "serious self reflection on the part of the MC about himself, his powers, and people in general."

This scene showed the traitor finally blowing up after having gotten the equivalent of a promotion cockblock several times throughout the year and now being NTRed out of his planned 'easy-promotion' over the rookie. It's a scene I was anticipating now that the MC had properly been promoted first.

TL;DR - So no, it would not have been better if the traitor had been a normal guy.

12. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    In other news, when "I leisurely propped up my chin and said" popped up, I actually did the action myself cause it seemed fun.

13. Amss

Amss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To explore the powers of the MC and what it entails to see the future would not have made the story "thinner" rather if it were to be covered properly, it would push this novel to god-tier. However I doubt the author has the skill to properly write this resolution.

The power of the MC are so flawed as to make a normal person appear villainous would be a fantastic arc as it would call for him to reevaluate his powers and reconsider his reliance on them, and who doesn't like some character development am I right.

And on the purpose of "The traitor". He is truly a botched villain with nothing going for him. We never get to explore his motivations. Rather we are simply told he is bad and why? Because he likes being bad. The author truly did him dirt. My guess is that the author chose to scrape him after a while and so chose to settle his arc by having the MC c*m all over him subsequently pushing all his immature readers into a joint orgasm.

That part that was like "and then he laughed" was so cringy man, its like something a 15 year old me would've come up with.

14. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek: Strange how people wanted to drop this novel to that degree for that part.
    I kinda like it though since the traitor is finally being dealt with since it is tiring to have someone you know will betray and took advantage of you.
    :blobwoah: Or maybe I'm immune with cringy moments since I just ignore it and don't take much deal of it.

15. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, I'd get into a discussion, but a quarter of the way through writing one (about 500 words) I stopped and went "Too much. No." and just deleted it all. In the end, I feel you expect too much out of everything.

Let's just leave off my opinion as being, 'If author followed what you said, I'd drop it cause it's basically not the same anymore.' There would simply be too much hesitation and questioning over every vision he sees, and that would detract from enjoying the novel. Character development doesn't have to happen by throwing the MC into a dark corner and watching tensely as he tries to get out of it. What is wrong with relying on a cheat?

16. Amss

Amss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess a more realistic depiction of those powers would not as a appealing and ik what you mean about expecting too much from this. One sentence I took out of my earlier reply was " I'm probably thinking too deeply about this. I guess to some it might appear cool though it only managed to cringe me. It's not like we're on NU for some quality writing either", and I'm guessing you're not reading this for some quality writing either. Not to hate cause neither am I but the author really pushed it too far this time in trying to off his readers. Making the MC look cool as the traitor breaks down in front of his awesomeness and having the team leader and MC's supervisor eavesdrop for that finisher move. Seriously, these are adults we're talking about. Its just really cheesy

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's totally sketchy. Either they're scammers or incompetent. Either way, it's best not to sign with them. I somehow doubt his word on that is enough though since it would require her to acknowledge that she's not capable of doing the job, or at least, not capable of doing it better than a million other, younger, prettier, more talented girls who actually started out wanting to be idols.

I wonder if his power is evolving or something to let him spot talents, or if he already had a good eye for talent to begin with. If so, he could probably do the company a lot more good as a talent scout than a manager.

Also wondering if she'll say something on the video call that will make things awkward for him ;)

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he really thinks that there's a script he's looked at recently that would suit the guy, he could just tell him about it so that he could audition on his own. Sure, he won't benefit directly in the short term from not signing him, but if the actor does well, he'll remember the MC and be more open to signing with W&U, and more attractive to W&U.

Though, it's possible that he won't be able to get the role without the backing of a major management group. It really just depends on the role, the producers and who else is interested in the role.

She took that news pretty well. I kinda wish he'd gotten to see her act though. Who knows, that guy might not be the only talented actor in this production.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She is very much the bane of his existence. It's unfortunate that she still brings in so much money or there'd actually be a possibility of her getting fired. I wonder how many people would have to quit specifically because of her before that would change.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It's nice that he's finally noticed, but I have to wonder if she shut him down out of embarrassment, or because she wanted him to fall for her first.

lol. I love that he's become a fortune teller ;) Though I do wonder how he'll escape that persona. It's probably not a good one to have since it could backfire easily if he had a single failure. Of course, escaping it will be even harder after that actor he was pushing explodes ;)

He really should have mentioned that the other actor was male...Though, I'm not sure how much it would have helped...

mr.tanen likes this.