Question Translating novels...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by LuCha, May 6, 2022.

1. LuCha

LuCha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi As I new to translating
    I been working on translating a jjwc novel but saw the new threads about the english site... is that mean we cant post any of our own translations right ? Sorry for my ignorance.

Also is there other sources with bl novels especially chinese only which I can translate? Beside jjjwx novels

Thank you in advance

Lorcilblue likes this.
  2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    you can post it but there chance your translation will be taken down by those who have legal copyright because of they too aim for english reader market~ this based on past experience~ hmm Qidian with Webnovel launched~ maybe there more but basically to minimize such potential usually the advise just don't~ but there possibility you maybe hire for the translation if it good enuf but that only on optimistic view~ on pessimistic view there possibility your translation will be stolen and put into the legal one without any compensation~

no this cat dunno other site.... unless it pirate site but we not talking about that here~

hopefully this give ya general idea about the situation~

3. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't own the novel, be prepared to take it down one day. There's no exception.

It's wrong to think that you can avoid copyright claim by choosing a less popular site.

4. LuCha

LuCha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank four you reply
    As far as I know there are aome other official sitea such as jjwc
    But I scared I get into the one that is not
    But thank for the advice
    I DO SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL WRITERS ALL THE TIME SO I DONT NEED THE *** SITES :)

No no of course that wasnt my point
    Jjwc will have an eng site so translting theirs will npt go good
    So I thought to translate for other official chinese novels sites
    Also it is for free/fun and I credit anything not mine.
    Also I buy the orriginals and pay for them as it is as I do for jjwc chinese ver. I think supporting them will encourage those we love to write more :)

5. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    Paying authors or not is beside the point.
    Can you tell me exactly what you mean by can't post your translation?

6. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    people are freaking out because anyone could claim to be a translator, work under the jjwc site and then dmca the actual translator if they felt like it. personally, I find the hysteria overblown. there's nothing stopping you from translating jjwc content. nothing at all.

7. vithc

vithc eternity's nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Like the others have said, you can still post them if you want, but it might get taken down (as with any other unofficial translations, even if the chances are lower).

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here but if you're just looking for other og novel sites like jjwxc, try Chang Pei (Gongzicp). There are a lot less novels from there that are currently being translated, and as far as I know, they don't have plans for an English site either.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    imo either scared deal with law or money~
    personally still puzzled with translator asking for payment prove on original to read "fans" translation.... that rumour still baffled mua if that true.... it feel like entitlement? kinda itchy to ask friend to blow up the site for the lol of it... or just nuke it.... for the lol