Feature Request Translation/editing star rating

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Mavsynchroid, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Mavsynchroid

Mavsynchroid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would love to see a translation/editing quality star rating along with the story star rating for novels that are translated. It realy stinks to find a novel where the summary seems interesting, and even the reviews are good, only to start reading and find the quality is absolutely horrendous. This absolutely impacts the enjoyment and quality of the novel.

I've noticed that most reviewers don't mention this what so ever. Then again.. I've also noticed that 90% of the reviews also have horrendous grammatical errors. Odd, seeing as how they should be avid readers.

Anyway, i think this is a very important feature as most of these novels are translated novels. Some of them are incredibly well translated and this should be known to potential readers, while others are so horribly translated/edited that readers should be made aware so they aren't disappointed when they decide to read it.

aoiisora likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not happening.

Translators change all the time, novels are dropped, picked up and all sort of drama that makes it impossible to be sure that the quality of the translation will be stable.

There is also the fact that sometimes the translator is on their first attempt, so they gradually improve as they keep translating, or maybe they get an editor and improve.

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This would just make readers shy away from novels because they would think that the quality is unreadable...

It wouldn't benefit anyone, it would just make people have more reasons to avoid some novels.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    runsing and LaDyViL like this.