Question TRANSLATION HELP (CHI)

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Korah, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Korah

Korah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, please can I get some help translating the 3 sentences below?

仿佛一动不动都能透出骨子里的妖娆,让人见之着迷,恨不能为她掏心掏肺。

也跟而它着一会儿紧张,一会儿放松,深刻体会了一次天劫的威力。

大能居然是九尾天狐妲己!!!

2. LiLi041

LiLi041 【Lucky RNG Halo】【Eternal Townie】

Reading List:
    Link
    仿佛一动不动都能透出骨子里的妖娆,让人见之着迷,恨不能为她掏心掏肺。 It seemed like the allure within her bones would show without her even moving, entrancing people to the point that they hated they couldn't devote themselves wholly to her.

也跟而它着一会儿紧张,一会儿放松,深刻体会了一次天劫的威力。And with her (could be feeling with her? Like if she feels something, they would too), they would be nervous one moment and relaxed the next, deeply experiencing the might (power, etc.) of the Heavenly Tribulations (天劫).

大能居然是九尾天狐妲己!!! The expert was actually the nine-tailed fox Daji!!! (from Wikipedia: "Daji was the favorite consort of King Zhou of Shang, the last king of the Shang dynasty in ancient China. She is portrayed as a malevolent fox spirit in legends as well as novels. Her identification as a fox spirit seems to have originated from at least the Tang dynasty.") 大能 can also be "almighty," etc.

I'm assuming this is a cultivation story?

nyamachi and Korah like this.
  3. Korah

Korah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HI, thank you sooooo much, yes it is. I'm still a baby translator and not that good in Chinese but practice makes perfect I guess. I might still need help later though so can you? I could help you proofread or something in return??

LiLi041 likes this.
  4. LiLi041

LiLi041 【Lucky RNG Halo】【Eternal Townie】

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, neither am I. I only started translating about 2 months ago. All I can say is, keep going! :blob_patpat:

You can definitely keep on asking for help! I'm good with PMs on NUF and Discord (LiLi041 #0944). I'm not that good at Chinese though ;P Haha, but feel free to ask! I just happened to be translating a cultuvation arc right now for one of my projects.

There's lots of people who know Chinese here, so you can definitely keep on asking here! And a lot of Discord servers (like Foxaholic's) have a Chinese Translation Help server that you can use too~

As a baby translator, might I suggest using the Zhongwen dictionary extension? It's super useful. If you're on Chrome, you can just hover over the words you want to translate and it'll give you definitions.

There's always Google Translate (which actually isn't that useful for cultivation when compared to other types of stories), and Baidu! Baidu's pretty accurate. Even if you can't read the Chinese too well (or are a super slow reader for Chinese like me), you can MTL the page for a general understanding. Wherever you don't understand, just look for the original Chinese. Speed-reading, yay! :blobokhand:

Yeah, so feel free to reach out! I'll definitely help if I can!

Welcome to the translation community, haha~ :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty: