Picked Up Translator Looking For a Novel- But With Requirements

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Serra, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Serra

Serra 『plumie's grandson~』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I might do that one. It only has like 8 chapters.

2. aoiisora

aoiisora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Neurotic Moon

Neurotic Moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hushed Whispers - Here a snippet from the synopsis:

Having woken up one morning, Lin Qingyu discovered that she had transformed into a man……
    She was elated beyond words;
    Similarly, having woken up one morning, Su Yian discovered that he transformed into a…… tree…
    He was devastated beyond words...

Good Morning Miss Undercover - Synopsis:

The first time that I met him, all sultry, I frivolously advised him, “Young man, next time do not look so attractive. It is dangerous to wander around.”
    The fourth time that I met him, I was wearing a high school uniform and carrying my school bag. I bowed to him respectfully and said “Uncle, you are so handsome. You will make a great match with my teacher. When both of you get married, I will be the flower girl, ok? ”
    The fifth time that I met him, he chased me in the street until I got stuck in a dead end. His eyes slightly amused said, “Want to be my flower girl? You are twenty four years old, also want to be a flower girl?” I said: “Big Brother, don’t get too excited ah …” He replied: “Of course I am excited. Have you heard of the bride being the flower girl?”

The Only Starlight

These have been mentioned but are good so I will repeat them to give due emphasis.

The School Prince is a girl (This one is really popular, probably for good reason)
    Waiting for a sunny day
    Divorce: This is a trivial matter
    Time

All are stories have been translated at one point in time but have not been translated for over three months, and fit your requirements.

And another one that's dropped from your site just for the hell of it:

Black Belly Wife

5. Serra

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably will pick "School Prince is a Girl", mainly because it has good ratings and a moderate reading list at the start.

I'll decide tonight

Alina Moktan and Aris12 like this.
  6. aoiisora

aoiisora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like the author for 帝少心头宠:国民校草是女生 didn't give permission on her weibo for TLing this novel though

Edit:
    there's lots of gaming (LOL I think if I remember correctly) and (some very cool) hacking and action (and military-ish stuff) in the later part of the story

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  7. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    Why??? I wanted read school Prince is girl but I don't understand Chinese word or Language. *sob* author is so mean.

8. Serra

Reading List:
    Link
    I technically can translate it since a) translation can be viewed as own interpretation of novel, b) author didn't specifically say translation, c) my site is not based in China, so they can't sue because laws are different.

I'll put School Prince as a backup plan, and keep looking.

Alina Moktan likes this.
  9. darkclouds

darkclouds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you would reconsider historical, I’d like to add another request to Black belly wife or Fierce Illegitimate miss.

I’m okay with any modern Chinese story with romance. Hopefully, you find something fun.

miko_ and Wick like this.
  10. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ¥1 Trillion Wife, Buy One Get One Free
    Stolen Love
    To be a professional imperial concubine (i just needed to ask about this one...)

darkclouds likes this.
  11. Aris12

Reading List:
    Link
    Ex girlfriend sinister

Alina Moktan likes this.
  12. AggressivePacifist

AggressivePacifist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically you can, but... ethically?

When an author has explicitly said she doesn't want people to do stuff with her novel, rejecting "一切授权", ignoring that isn't cool.
    At least check with @Wujigege first and see if he'd be alright with hosting this novel on his site against the wishes of the author, don't leave him in the dark about it. From seeing him on the forum it feels like he tries to operate ethically, so this might not fit his style.

Also, countries having different domestic laws does not stop people from suing each other. If it did then there would be so much more crime in the world. Most countries are subject to many of the same international agreements, like the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, which China and 171 other countries are signatories of.

13. Serra

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I know I know.

14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone is going to get disappointed :blobowoevil_horns:

15. darkclouds

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for a sunny day
    This one is short. 20 chapters only.
    Xiao Qing makes a solemn vow in front of her good friends. If get married, cannot marry hot stock with momentum to rise rapidly. Rising so quickly will certainly not last long. Also, cannot marry an unpopular stock that has been falling. Wait until the hair is white but still will not rise so you will lose until you want to jump from a building. If you want to look around, find a potential stock with a good and bright future prospect. However, it is very difficult to find a potential stock, so Xiao Qing has no qualms about wandering the world and totally do not consider marriage.

One day, she meets a potential stock who suddenly says he wants to marry her.

Xiao Qing says that marriage is just like a tomb. I am still too young so I do not want to lie down in the tomb this early.

The potential stock says, a person ultimately has to die once. Early demise, early to be reincarnated.

In short, this is an out of line woman meeting a belly black (fu hei) male, an inevitable clash between opposing factions and an accident arising from many causes…….first marriage then love story.

Alina Moktan likes this.
  16. Romance25

Romance25 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. ayyshadow

ayyshadow Eternal Lurker || Lover of Anything Fluffy

Reading List:
    Link
  18. darkclouds

Reading List:
    Link
    Picked up? Which one did you decide on?

19. Aris12

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's the school Prince is girl.

20. Serra

Reading List:
    Link
    After receiving extremely positive feedback from leaking Chapter 4 of my no-longer-dropped project "What's Wrong With Liking My Busty Adopted Daughter" to a number of readers, I've decided to continue the series instead of starting a new one.
    I apologize to everyone on this thread who took the time out of their day to recommend these wonderful series to me. I will keep all of these novels in mind, when AsianHobbyist recruits more translators or when I really decide to start a new project.
    Thanks for the support!

I will release the chapter once my admin fixes some site issues https://www.novelupdates.com/series/whats-wrong-with-liking-my-busty-adopted-daughter/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018