Spoiler Trash of the Count’s Family

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by immortaltear, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Kuroyuki1974

Kuroyuki1974 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that a chapter or something ur writing urself?

2. Reverand Insanity

Reverand Insanity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s a fanfic I even posted it on A03

If it’s an official chapter it would be from Angie- nim

Honestly I want Cale to master ‘Druken martial arts in murim

Master:- Cale there is only one fist which can save the murim world!

Cale:- W-what is that?

Master ( raising hand while shedding tears):- The Drunken fists!

Kind of like Jackie chain’s drunken boxing or Lee’s drunken taijustu

Imagine the only way for Cale to unlock his true martial potential is to get drunk with alcohol

Master:- Cale you body is nature is that of drunkard! The only way to strengthen your martial arts is to drink more <:blobwheeze:774243809017724938>

Cale:- Alochol = Martial abilities how trashy ( Cale approves)

Imagine if different kinds of alcohol give Cale different kinds of martial arts powers

The kids and him would be going around Murim for a brewery tasting trip the Sima siblings would be so helpful.

He can special alcohol made to specifically get people drunk

Master:- Here is this special alcohol even the gods can’t not get drunk

What if Drunken martial arts needs no training? It’s simply instinct

The martial arts genes hidden with every one of us

He should fight at least once in murim or at least try training and fail

After remembering white star form the test o was thinking

Pebble whacking martial arts

Straight throw

Side throw

Up throw

Scratch the eyes move

Stone to death move

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  3. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    What is story

If you are speaking technically

Let’s first start what’s not a story

A story is not something with a beginning, middle and end. Even a pencil had a beginning, middle and end.

A story is not anecdote or a single piece of information

An anecdote is something like

“Oh when I went to the grocery I meet an old friend”

This is an anecdote but alone it would not be a story.

However when multiple pieces of information or anecdotes are put together to create a structure or organistion. When people find this structure or organistion interesting then it becomes a story.

Eg

Oh when I went to the grocery store I meet my old friend.

We had not meet every since we graduated for middle school

We talked a lot about the past and remembered the good old days

He told me that he forgotten about me because of a trauma.

I remembered that a certain incident had taken place in the past.

We agreed to meet up at a cafe later on.

I am going out right now. Do you want to join me.

In the above exmpale several anecdotes are put together to create a structure or organisation, which is somewhat interesting and can be called a story albeit incomplete

4. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link

I think it would make more sense if the Hunter families were intially independent of the worlds. However as they settled in each world they began taking up aliases like Huyanas or the Blood Cult.

However originally the Blue blood was not the Blood Cult but took on the alias of Blood Cult when they settled in the wuxia world

5. Agavadon

Agavadon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Season 3 manhwa cover was revealed !! Is there a date please ?
    Edit : I found it's 14/07 :blobparty: !

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    Monalisa, Ddragonesse and Akawain like this.
  6. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Cale is back on July 14. He's so dazzling on the cover of season 3.[​IMG]

7. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    Random character with backstory for OC LCF

Reyong Tae

A grade 1 ability user. He survived the cataclysm with the help of LSH, who was the one who rescued his group.

His family died in front of his eyes eaten by monsters. And he travelled the desolate Korea with only surviving younger sister.

When the cataclysm struck he was only 20 years old. When his sister was about to eaten by a mirror mask monster who has disguised itself as one of groups members after secretly killing and eating them.

After he was saved LSH lightly scolded him and told him to be more careful with his sister. And also scolded his sister telling her to be more responsible and Independent and not be burden to her brother.

He travels with LSH who establishes a shelter in their area and takes him on as one of his subordinates building a team.

After building a team he leaves Reyong Tae as the person in charge of the shelter.

However soon all the shelter collapsed and monsters invaded. Reyong’s younger sister dies in this invasion, protecting him from being stabbed by a monster.

He survives and escapes the shelter with a couple of others and the body of his sister.

He buries the body of his sister, and when he is burying her body he remembers how is parents died and he feels anger and despair filling his heart.

This breaks him and he is filled with resentment and hatred for the world who took away everything he loved

He used the hatred in his heart to climb up to the top of the monster-ability user world ruthlessly cutting any opposition in his way

And tries to fill his heart true money and saving other people like LSH so that the future generations need not suffer a fate like his.

It’s easier to come up with a possible personality if the backstory of the character is well fleshed out

The OC Reyong Tae probably suffers from PTSD related to the death of his family and sister.

He probably feels like an empty shell and with an empty heart and uses money to try and fill it up.

He probably looks up to LSH and follows his footsteps trying to save people

He is probably not very merciful to people who are not his friends, brutally and ruthlessly wiping out all opposition. For him if your not my friend get out of my way or I’ll destroy you.

He probably has a soft spot for very young children because of his sister

He probably hates himself because he was to weak to protect his family and younger sister

LSH backstory isn’t very well fleshed out

All we know is that he wanted to be an action movie star

He is still a good character

Whereas Cale and CJS have very well fleshed out and developed back stories

Honestly I like characters with proper backstories

It would be cool if we had dragon Balls in the Murim arc in LCF. Take all the martial arts troupes and put it in one world and a ‘reasonable’ way.

Young Master Kim and the Blood cult race against time to
    Collects all the dragon balls and make a wish!

My proposal for the direction part 2 should take
    —————

1. Yeah we can keep the Hunters and responsible for everything and Cale gonna be Hunting Hunter families

2. Heavy amount of world building for each world we can keep. Making sure each world feels different form the other

3. Please introduce characters with more fleshed out background stories

4. Have a slow and gradual arc where the Soos open up to each other about what they have been doing over the years they weren’t with each other. Talking about what each of them went through when they are separated by death. Such as Kim Rok Soo living a shell of a life. CJS becoming a aimless wandere working for GoD. And how Sui Khan suffered being kicked out of his body every now and then because his soul was not connecting to his body properly.
    And how Sui Khan suffered because he didn’t want his memories and CJS and Cale being wiped out when he reincarnated

CJS talking about how it felt meeting his long lost uncle CJG

How torturous it was for him not being allowed to meet Team Leader Kim Rok Soo because of the rules of ‘Balance’ even though he often came to Earth 1 on missions and could only see him from afar.

CJS talking to Cale about all the misadventures he had in other worlds and LSH talking to Cale about his ‘family issues’ back at home. And LSH finding it awkward back at home because he was a kid with a mind of an adult. And how it’s been awhile since he had a ‘mother and father’. And comes to Cale for advice since he also has a new family but Cale is equally clueless

Raon telling CJS and LSH how many times Cale coughed blood and fainted in the course of their epic battle against the white Star which makes them get over protective of Cale. And also sad and angry they weren’t there to help in the battle against the white star

CJS looked into his reflection in his unsheathed sword and said

“I used to volunteer to complete missions on Earth so that I could secretly check on you often…

But it was pointless, you never needed my help. However I knew that our deaths impacted you and we left a huge burden.

Rok Soo Yah I am sorry for selfishly choosing to die”

Honestly there is so much emotions between the Soos to unpack here

If they had a conversation they would have so much content to talk that you could write an entire novel with it

All Soos have to do is talk and listen

CJS looked into his reflection in his unsheathed sword and said

“I used to volunteer to complete missions on Earth so that I could secretly check on you often…

But it was pointless, you never needed my help. However I knew that our deaths impacted you and we left a huge burden.

Rok Soo Yah I am sorry for selfishly choosing to die”

Honestly there is so much emotions between the Soos to unpack here

If they had a conversation they would have so much content to talk that you could write an entire novel with it

All Soos have to do is talk and listen

Why each parts of a story should have a direction

The current Phase four of MCU is not doing well simple because it’s not having a clear direction

The earlier phases or MCU had a direction

The first was building up the characters of Captain America, Ironman, thor, Hulk etc

The second was the building up of the Avengers

And the third face was building Thanos as the final villian

I expected the fourth phase to be about building up ‘Kang the Conqueror’ as the new villian of the multiverse and fusing all the superhero movies ever made into one single shared multiverse. And Kang the Conqueror would be the next final Villan.

But the phase 4 seems to be all over the place. Kang seemed to be the villian but he is not involved in all the films related to the multiverse. And multiverse of madness seems to be all over the place and have no logic and repetitive.

In the end every part of a book or series should have a sense of direction. Stronger the better.

What they plan to do with the series and where they want to take it.

The same can be said about LCF. LCF Part 2 should also have a strong direction the author wants to take the story in. Not only every part between every story arc as well as mini story arc

8. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to see some dark martial arts users in LCF

Blood Cult using dark martial arts techniques yes yes nom nom

9. syiraelric

syiraelric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Skylar.L.even

Skylar.L.even Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From tumblr Teriri's MTL Journey
    Reactions to Miracle Creator’s Chapter 154

TL;DR - Background info of Sichuan. Poor Number 7. Cale raids Blue Merchant Guild’s building.

Soos?
    LSH = ❌
    CJS = ✅

Background Info of Sichuan
    Early part of this chapter was info dump. To summarize, Sichuan was known for it weapon production. It was a haven for blacksmiths. Because the Tang Clan of Sichuan specialized in hidden weapons, they highly valued blacksmiths.

And finally, I figured out the correct translation of that Iron Family Manor something. It’s actually Iron Street Place! It’s neither a manor nor have a family attached. It’s literally a place. But it’s like a company that contracts blacksmiths to forge and supply weapons to the Evil Faction. Can’t exactly call it a workshop because the Korean words for “workshop” and “street place” are different.

Poor Number 7
    This short part was hilarious. Number 7 has mastered the art of fainting… He has seizure-like trembling whenever he sees CH, and automatically faints before CH could even knock him out…

And when he heard that he was being passed to a murim person, he was relieved. But when he saw that it was Pinnacle Demon, he cursed Cale’s group and even wished to just die already… Unfortunately, Pinnacle Demon said that killing him was a waste, so poor Number 7 fainted upon hearing that. RIP Number 7

The Raid Begins
    There was some flashback about Cale’s conversation with Jegal Mi Ryeo regarding the Kunlun School Leader, but I won’t talk about that because it’s just politics and stuff. Moving on, Cale stops in front of the Blue Merchant Guild building, and orders the two Chois to subdue the gatekeepers. And Cale himself destroys the gate with the whip he got from Eruhaben…. This reminds me, I should stop being lazy and just draw Cale with whip fanart, hahaha.

Ending Remarks
    Still no sight of a Blood Cult member, but Cale makes the first move against them! Perhaps we’ll get introduced to new characters next week… ahahaha. I guess the character list in my murim spreadsheet will be growing again.

11. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    Literature is Education + Entertainment

That means literature should teach you something about also make you learn

Harry Potter is an entertaining story but it also teaches about the importance of ‘Love’ in all contexts. Towards family, friends, animals, lovers, child mother etc.

A historical novel which gets its facts right but also delivers its story in an entertaining way is considered very good.

Even LCF in part 1 had many precedents where it educated or thought you about things

Educational aspects

- you were motivated to learn Korean

- You learnt the importance of family and protecting

- Put yourself before others

- Seeking Revenge won’t get you anything

- Living is best

- Adopt homeless kids and show compassion

- Don’t be selfish or selfless. Be selfishly selfless?

- Don’t be to stuck on your values and beliefs. Learn to make use of everyone around you

- Don’t turn a blind eye to those who need help even if it’s troublesome

-Don’t let others be nameless names are good (noticed by user Fan).

- Give good and meaningful names

- Ignore and stay away from crazy people when you meet them

- If you want to make a change become a crazy bastard

- Don’t forgive anyone who touched your people

- Living a good life is the greatest revenge on your enemies

You can always smack people behind the head later on

• Live for peace and happiness ( noticed by user Fan)
    • - Living a good life is the greatest revenge on your enemies

Many long running series are good because they keep teaching you something.

For example Ladies detective agencies has more than 20 books but each book is amazing and as good if not better than before because it always always teaches you something and educates you about Botswana and Africa in an entertaining way.

So writing is too parts

Story technique and education.

So in addition to knowing story writing techniques it’s also important to do and pile up a lot of research so that you know what you want to teach your readers.

Ultimate readers want to learn about stuff along with the cast of Cale, Raon and the rest of the gang.

So it should have lot educating value as well.

Eg with a fanfic

https://archiveofourown.org/works/48275023

This fanfic with Cale in a different AU as a monster hunter is heavily based on European folklore and mythology sited from Wikipedia. But the story medium allows you to learn and educates the readers about European folklore and mythology

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  12. ducatti

ducatti New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HEy! interesting post

13. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the Soos would behave like pure friends
    Friendship above all

14. Reeyaa

Reeyaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why TCF manhwa is so disappointing. It started off well, with the character design to the overall atmosphere of the TCF world but then it became more generic, the entire atmosphere was thrown off and the designs became terrible. Not to talk about how big the breaks are (its been 336 days from the last update as of today:blobunamused:). Even ORV has been consistent with the updates and the designs. Sorry for venting it just makes me mad 'cause this is my favourite novel and I love the characters to death. Also the manga artist didn't do justice to many scenes from the novel, eg: when Cale names Raon, which was such an emotional scene in the novel (i even cried) and yet it was just mediocre in the manhwa, like a walmart version of the original scene, there's many more just like this scene as well. Also I'm by no means denying the hardwork that the artist must be putting into this

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    chaosdestructionlove and Lila_7 like this.
  15. Akawain

Akawain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you so much for the update on the manhwa!:blob_pompom: Finally, Cale is back:blobparty: the new cover is so hot:blobnosebleed: (Cale is should try being a model his charms are really showing here:blob_grin:) with our cute Raon:aww:

I was worried since it's been so long since there was any news:sweating_profusely: I hope the artwork is still the same... even better than last time:blobsmirk:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  16. Syntheticfanatic23

Syntheticfanatic23 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For real. Like i still don't understand how the artist made 92 chapter out of 64 chapter of the novel. There was a lot In the novel that wasn't shown in the manhwa.

I hyped up the scene where cale used the shield for the first time. The novel portrayed the holiness of the shield but in the manhwa it looked just like how i pictured a mana shield would look like.

I hope season 3 would be a lot better, there was a lot of scene in the novel that wasn't interesting and important that was shown in the manhwa. It was honestly a waste of a chapter

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  17. Reverand Insanity

Reading List:
    Link
    The New Black Order is on the rise

And Appe and Olivia and Zero have now established the ‘Resistance’

Maybe Each Hunter is like the Sith from Star Wars

Aside from restablishing the former glory of the Huyanas Aka The Black blood family The Black Order also wishes to take revenge on ‘Cale Heintuse’ since now they have figured out the real identity of the purifier

And now Cale does not have the OP purifications powers because the world is already balanced so Fire AP is at normal level.

So Cale has to use his brains and depend on the power of others

And now The Black Order does not wish to destroy Xiaolen but instead re conquer it and build it as their capital and home world in order to use it as a base to conquer other dimensions.

Thereby aiming to make a multi dimensional empire

18. Akawain

Akawain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhuwa is out!:blobparty::blob_pompom: saw the raws there were 2 chapter releases 93 & 94:blob_grin:

I think the artwork changed... Cale looks more mature than an 18yr old that his charisma was release.... (or is just me:confusedcatblob:)

And so debut appearance:blobtaco:
    [​IMG] As expected from the whale tribe, he looks good prime for his age:blob_grin:

[​IMG]
    I like how Archie is drawn it has a rebellious punk feel even with the scar he still looks good:blobsmilehappy:

[​IMG] I
    I think the artist did this so that we know Cale is using his dominating aura:confusedcatblob:.... what do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the chibis:aww:

Regarding the end of season 2 true, it miss the emotional hype of Raon's name:blobconfounded:.... but in season 3 chapter 93 the artist recreated that scene that all fans are screaming for:blobsweat: and the thing I like about the artist is that he/she seems to listen to the reader's (novel readers), I remember I think in season 1 during tower of terror the wings were missing in the shield...

Then in season 2, it was back which I really like and appreciate the artist listing to the fans demands (reasonable ones) there is still time to improve to get a better picture let's just wait and see:blobangel:

19. Skylar.L.even

Skylar.L.even Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Best Teacher Cale

This was the funniest and cutest part of today’s chapters.

Cale: It’s easier if we do it with many people. Don’t you think so?
    Raon: That’s right! I like overwhelming fights!
    Cale: Good. *nods*
    Raon: And the stronger our side, the better!
    Cale: You know well.
    Raon: And I hope our side doesn’t get hurt as much as possible!
    Cale: That’s right.
    Raon: To do that, we must have as many people on our side as possible!
    Cale: Correct. (You’ve learned well.)
    Raon: And if we are at a disadvantage, we can just run away!
    Cale: That is correct.
    Raon: And then we can hit their backs!
    Cale: …Uh-huh. That’s right. (What he said is correct anyway.)
    Raon: We just need to prepare thoroughly and hit them first!
    Cale: …Yeah.
    Raon: And it’s even better to rob the enemies of all their treasure!
    Cale: …Uh-huh.
    Raon: We can scam and scam them again!
    Cale: …
    CJS: Pfft.
    Cale: *glares at CJS*
    CJS: *lowers his head*
    Sui: *smiles* Wow, you learned well.
    Raon: *pushes out chubby belly* Of course! I am great, so I learn everything well!
    Cale: (Please just stop talking.) *shakes head*
    Sui: *pokes Raon’s belly* You just need to think of playing.
    Raon: That tickles! *hides behind CH*
    CH: *carries Raon* There’s nothing to worry about.
    Raon: That’s right! Just destroy them!
    Cale: (Aigoo…) *sighs*

Monalisa, mochipoodle, nikoen and 4 others like this.
  20. syiraelric

syiraelric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link