Discussion Trash of the count's family, ugh.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Feb 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    MC wants to live a peaceful life away from conflict, does the opposite..
    [​IMG]
    What a dumbass.

otaku31, Raneday, sufod01 and 3 others like this.
  2. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally every CN novel. Why so surprised? :hmm:

3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean thats the whole premise isn't it? The Mc wants to live a peaceful life of laziness but he keeps on getting roped into annoying things unwillingly and willingly (he'll deny that).

4. Ritsuka

Ritsuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read it yet
    Can anyone give their review?
    Is it any good?

5. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    CN? :hmm:

I thought everything was excellent, except for the author and his writing. I mean, the idea at the start is at least a bit novel, the translation is excellent. But the dialogue and writing were a big letdown. I dropped it like 6 chapters in, and that was a first.

Apparently it also starts to suck later on. So I don't think it's worth reading even if you wouldn't mind the writing.

6. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    it is good, but the writing is a no for me or maybe because it is a translation.

7. Zackarov

Zackarov ~ Cheese Bear ~

Reading List:
    Link
    at least sometimes he got a break while making worry his son

8. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I can't relate to the MC. After all when if I'm lazy but I want to survive. So cleaning the mess asap to ensure a relaxing years.

Better fix all the bothersome things before it become a mess. My laziness is doing all work fast and let other do the rest. So when it's done. I can have worry free life.

You just don't Understand the MC since you're different type lazy. Lazy who don't do nothing not preparing for the future. While MC is lazy preparing for his relaxing day without annoyance.

9. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it quite a bit. Only thing I hate is the way the Cale keeps wanting to be lazy and shameless. But he doesn't actually act on those thoughts most times, and once he gets off his *** he deals with everything in a sensible and efficient manner. I blame the lazy whining on Japan for making shameless lazy MCs a Thing now.

10. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's writing is not bad but I would say it has many unnecessary sentences and descriptions , it's like the author thinks the one reading is a 7 yr old kid who has never read a book before . It could be a consequence of tl but I won't say the tlr has done a bad job I think it's the writing.
    As for everything else , the premise is good but I would say it's not for everyone , it's a little hard to relate to the MC but once u do it gets a lot of fun , all in all if u r trying it I suggest powering thru 10 chaps before making a decision

Ogagon likes this.
  11. Oldmonk

Oldmonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure it's been explained that he's taking out all the variables now, so that he can live his lazy life for longer.

same thinking as the mc of IRFN

the Legendary Frog likes this.
  12. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is definitely not lazy. Its just a poor excuse the author writes just to build up the "supporting characters misunderstanding the MC" scenario.

Supporting characters are awfully written. They aren't even people, just trained dogs. There's 0 character development, only characters doing what the omnipotent god Cale wants them to do. And the plot armor so thick that itd be impossible for goku to ever reach a level to kill Cale.

otaku31 and kuu0haku like this.
  13. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The writing itself was so bad I couldn't get more than a few chapters in. I'm not talking bad writing like "her soft topaz eyes" I'm talking bad writing like getting financial advice from a black guy in the hood bad.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't actually wants to live a life away from conflict but live a life with no conflict. There is a difference. One is where you avoid conflict, the other is where you eliminate conflict. What he is trying to do is to stop the conflicts so that there will be peace and then he could live the easy life he wants.

15. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    I pretty much enjoy it tho
    I enjoy the discrepancy of what Cale thinks to what others think and also I enjoy the moments where misunderstandings happen
    I find it fun to read and tl is really good

I also think that the development of supporting characters is less due to the story being in limited omniscient. The author focuses on Cale rather than the other characters so I find that charming in its own way.

We see the innerworkings of Cale's character but this treatment is not the same for the other characters which leaves a lot of room for speculation from the readers because as I said it is focused on Cale's pov so we dont know what the other characters really think.

Well all in all the story is pretty enjoyable.

Ce, Beltran and madmanthan21 like this.
  16. Ogagon

Ogagon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly!

I can't even imagine what the characters look in my head, everyone is just described as hair color, eye color, level of beauty. There's not one character that has something specific to himself/herself.

Cale - Red haired handsome noble.
    Rosalyn - Red haired handsome royalty.
    Toonka - Big buff idiot.
    Raon - Kind hearted tsundere black dragon.
    Hong - Kitty, red.
    On - Kitty, silver.
    Choi Han - Black hair, "MC".
    Alberu - Blonde, blue eyes, smiles-a-lot.

Is that really enough to describe the MC and the supporting cast? I don't think so.

17. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    For get peace you need go into war. However, the problem of Trash of the Count's Family is not this.

18. Stims

Stims Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel was a big letdown for me. As it was a Korean novel with such a high ranking I thought it is going to be great but it turned out to be a trash novel.

The story itself looked interesting at the start, characters and interaction spoiled it for me. They have no personalities at all or you can say they all have mostly the same personalities. Interactions are very repetitive and predictable, hell I have never seen such badly done dialogues even from cn, jp much less Korean novels.

This must be the author first novel.

19. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
  20. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have never read the book, but this sounds like a pretty standard "refusal of the call". It may be poorly implemented in this particular case, but there's nothing wrong with the basic idea.