Picked Up Truck Tensei ga Oosugidaro! / Truck Tensei Love Story

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Arcorann, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Arcorann

Arcorann Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:
    Truck Tensei ga Oosugidaro! ~Truck no Unchantachi ga Nakuitemasu~ (トラック転生多すぎだろ!~トラックの運ちゃんたちが泣いてます~) or Truck Tensei Love Story (トラック転生ラブストーリー)
    Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0571fp/ (Syosetu ver.) / https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054890168411 (Kakuyomu ver.)
    NU Link: n/a
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    We've all seen stories where someone gets hit by a truck and reincarnates into another world, but have you ever thought about what happens to the truck driver after that? And what happens if people find out about truck reincarnation and start trying it out for themselves?

Combine the answers to these two questions together and you get this story. A story set in a world where truck accidents have skyrocketed and the freight industry is in a crisis. A story in which an innocent truck driver gets harassed by hordes of reincarnator wannabes who will stop at nothing to get hit by a truck, without caring for what happens to the driver and his company. And when I say "stop at nothing", I mean it. Luckily, our truck driver has support in the form of a hitchhiking girl who joins him on his journey...

Anyway, the story has some fun character interactions, interesting plot twists, and a thrilling climactic battle (spoiler?). I'm sure that I'd enjoy it even more if I'd read a proper translation instead of through Google Translate.

Description: (Unedited Google Translate output. If a translator picks this up, please translate it properly)
    Buntaro Sugawara, a truck driver working in Hokkaido, is asked to work by the president and will carry wood to Kumamoto.
    However, it was also a battle with reincarnation applicants who dreamed of reincarnation.
    If you kill them who jump into the truck, you lose your license and job, and Buntaro's life will end.
    But Buntaro runs the track.
    Run a truck to protect your company and your company.
    Drive the track to the whole spirit, Kumamoto, while holding down the girl who hitchhiked!

Additional notes:
    This is a revised version of a story originally published a few years back. It seems it was rewritten for the Over 30 Protagonist contest held on Kakuyomu, which is still ongoing. The current version is a lot longer (100k characters vs 40k), with more expansion on Eriko's backstory and some extra incidents added.

The Syosetu ver. and Kakuyomu ver. are identical apart from the title and description.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A parody of isekais' truck-kun? Count me in! :blobhero:

Pirre likes this.
  3. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally we have reached a new turning point! May truck isekai stories come!

4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me a bit of the... Thai(?) comic about a truck driver who’s commissioned to take people out to isekai them. :hmm:

5. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    For those interested you can read the scantrad of this comic here : https://mangadex.org/title/26458/isekai-transporter

Epsea likes this.
  6. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it seems the isekai transporter has meet his archnemesis

7. mairu

mairu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Buntaro Sugawara, a truck driver working in Hokkaido, is asked to work by the president and will carry wood to Kumamoto.

However, it was also a battle with reincarnation applicants who dreamed of reincarnation.

If he kill them who jump into the truck, Buntaro will lose his license and job, and also his life will end too.

Even so, Buntaro keep running the truck.

To protect his life foundations, to protect his company, run the truck until Kumamoto with whole spirit!

chapter 1 incoming

Hasr11 likes this.
  8. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm....seems interesting...guess I’ll read it

Edit: I kinda translated the description from syosetu:

Buntarou Sugawara, a truck driver from Hokkaido, was tasked with the job of carrying wood to Kumamoto by his boss.
    However, this was also a battle with the reincarnation applicants who dreamed of getting transported to another world.
    They threw themselves onto the truck’s path; if he ran them over, Buntarou would lose his licence and job, and it would mean the end of his life too.
    Still, Buntarou will drive his truck.
    To protect his livelihood, to protect the company he works for, with his heart and soul, he will drive the truck to Kumamoto!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  9. mairu

mairu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for now i'll put it here

here mtl'ed: https (no-space): //mairumairimasu(dot)home(dot)blog/2019/08/25/truck-driver-san-1/

hope this one good enough to be readable
    it's better to have a proper translator though

if this one good enough, i'll continue
    i don't want to wreck reader's brain

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  10. Arcorann

Arcorann Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List: