LCD True Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Zombielord

Zombielord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think maybe Little Fishy is still in there and hasn’t given him full control yet. That or considering it’s a beyond true god level treasure he jsut can’t use it till he’s a godly monarch.

2. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    The same with using True Divinity instead of True God

3. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    for now I'm preferring that PCC doesn't have any active aspect. The advantage it gives to YY is already enormous even when in passive state. It will only look like YY got a broken plot armor rn if the PCC can be used

4. carnwennan

carnwennan White Hilt Divine Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yi Yun battle prowess fell a lot, huh?
    There were times that he was capable of fighting an entire realm above his cultivation base, and now the author is trying to hype us about Yi Yun, as a Half-Step Goldy Monarch, killing a Ghost Thearch.
    I can't really call that an achievement unless the author properly explains the Godly Monarch realm and its stages. But we all know he won't come up with an explanation, after all the Divine Lord realm's details are still retconned every 50 chapters.

5. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A disconnect comes up for me when Lin Ming was using his equivalent level treasure in a heck of a lot more ways, and more actively, than YY at much earlier cultivation levels. YY's understanding of the PCC has really stagnated for a long while, seeming to be limited to energy manipulation and such-things that while neat, are far below the level of the stunts LM was pulling with the soul cube and demon/body bead by this point.

People (I) wonder why YY doesn't seem to have as many uses for the PCC as he might even though at this point it's basically said his entire body has been affected by it and his blood carries traces of the PCC's effects even without YY doing anything. There's also that whole "it absorbed most of the chaos ore/energy in the mine where he got to Divine Lord" thing waiting in the wings that we're still waiting to see the results of

6. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    From how the story progress, PCC as a divine treasure seems to be not OP while giving obvious advantage to YY. What I mean is that how PCC is integrated into the story seems to not fall off and deserve its purpose as Energy Manipulator. I don't know how MW story progress, but from what I read in TMW it is obvious that the PCC blend well into the story.

7. revolverrr

revolverrr Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like u guys complain a lot about each realm and it's stats. Is it that big of a deal?

Personally I liked this chapter and it's hype

8. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read all of MW but what I had read (somewhere around 1100 or so) LM had gone from passive use of the magic cube and being completely clueless to how it worked, through steps of learning to utilize it more in sporadic ways when low level, then later including being able to actively use it at will in training and battle.

YY had a similar start-mostly passive use at the beginning, later more active use in energy control and vision, especially with alchemy and techniques while fighting, but he's still limited to "ownerless energy" as far as I'm aware of instead of being able to sever energy connections or even rip out the energy of his enemies like LM eventually is able to actively rip people souls out with the soul cube. I think one of the big benefits the PCC has is basically laying bare all the daos/laws of the world plain for YY to see and learn instead of being confused or led astray, but ownerless energy control is far outclassed in usefulness given the scales of power YY is at now, and energy vision doesn't seem to come up particularly often (though I do assume he uses if for alchemy and such, just that it isn't mentioned). I'm hoping for YY to find ways to actively use the PCC to tamper with enemies energy while they still have it-like stripping away someone's energy/cultivation after beating them, or diverting some energy flow of an enemy attack to either make it backfire or fizzle out, maybe even absorb their energy to keep himself moving in a fight in a void

9. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both the cube and the bead can be used to kill people so YY uses for the card are very lacking

10. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    It can be for the sake of consistency and being able to understand what's going on. Someone lvl 1 beating someone lvl 2 could be impressive or worthless if we don't know the actual scales involved-level 1 to 2 could very well be just someone exercising a bit more than the other, or the difference between a random thug and superman. If all we get are vague and inconsistent descriptions of things, it ruins a bit of the fun for me of picturing what's going on-are they doing the equivalent of slap fighting and being unimpressive, or unleashing world-shaking attacks that leave landscape altering aftershocks? That isn't the case here since it's clear the scale of power between the blood king and luo king and how strong they are, but there have been times in the past where it was unclear what the difference between fighter A and B was and why one was weaker or stronger than the other since we didn't really have a clear understanding of their relative power levels or cultivation realms

edit-also agreed, I did enjoy the chapter as well, it's a pretty good "fight's about the start and ghost doctor is screwed" scenario

11. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I see, YY's biggest hurdle right now is being limited to "ownerless energy" as what he can manipulate-once he manages to get past that and to be able to control energy that other people still "own", he'll be able to do all sorts of crazy stuff like stripping an enemy of all their energy and killing them, to being able to absorb most enemy attacks (aside from purely physical) because of removing the energy from them, and that is something I really look forward to

12. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YY still can't even get to the PCCs inner world. That's the basic form of mastery.

13. Zombielord

Reading List:
    Link
    No he could almost kill the Celestials Godly Monarch back when he got the Heavenly Dao Royal Seal much less the other Godly Monarchs. Especially the Ghost Race one, he said that he felt he would die if he was attacked by the Sword Attack which made the Celestial Godly Monarch retreat. After being a Double Sealed Divine Lord he was most likely stronger than every Godly Monarch that he met after coming to the Chaos Heavens.(Fey Patriarchs/Ancestors not included) Maybe the Ruins Emperor was an equal in terms of strength. But Yi Yun only showed the combat prowess of Quasi-Thearch as a Royal Sealed Divine Lord, which is amazing for them already. Now they are saying from there point of view that Yi Yun a Half-Step Godly Monarch is about to kill a Godly Monarch. Not that he’s barely able to kill a Godly Monarch.

Vincent1873 likes this.
  14. Thecoolblade

Thecoolblade Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What people seem to be forgetting is that in the minds of the fey, Yi Yun being half step can kill a GM is something great. If they found out about his true identity they would be even more terrified. About the power levels at the higher realms, this entire novel has been a right mess on it. I believe the author is being intentionally vague because he wants the GMs being powered according to their chances and circumstances.

15. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Fighting is not the same as killing. YY could already handle weaker GMs like Ghost Ming with ease, remember? And it was stated before that GMs are basically cockroaches and that killing them is hard as hell.

16. Wan Ted

Wan Ted Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought back to how Fey Thearchs could be classified do that
    Fey Thearch Early -Golden Peng guy
    Fey Thearch Middle -Blood King and Luo King
    Fey Thearch Late- Ruins Emperor
    Fey Thearch Peak- Fey Patriarchs
    As a single sealed Divine Lord he could compare to peak Early stage stage Godly Monarchs and not just normal Monarchs/Thearchs but talents like the Sanguine Axe. Obviously people in the Thearch realm all have various escaping abilities which makes killing them even more difficult than defeating them. So while I think he could probably exchange a few moves with blood king before escaping. Afterall he has comprehended Space-Time Laws do I reckon his Escape Arts aren't any worse than Fey Thearchs. And this is me giving him limited combat power. The main reason Human Factions in the Chaos Heavens are weaker than the Celestials and Fey is because I reckon they lack peak Godly Monarchs. So generally I think we can use Fey as a standard for a talented Godly Monarch.
    So if he is a Half-step Godly Monarch which we are assuming is a level above Triple Sealed Divine Lord then he should be expected to have risen his overall combat power by at least two more levels from matching Blood King to matching the Fey Patriarchs. But I highly doubt they'll give him that big of a jump in overall combat power. Also this is just my opinion/ interpretation of the story thus far. It could be that Quasi-Thearchs are the still considered Triple Sealed Divine Lord then I do not know. Cause basically Godly Monarchs only leave one Royal Seal when they die. This means that they probably fuse their 3 Seals together. So I imagine that the fusion of the three Seals is what allows them to form a single Monarch Royal Seal and that probably that's the difference between Quasi-Thearchs and Triple Sealed Divine Lords.
    If my speculation as wild as it sounds is right, then the reason that Yi Yun looks like a Quasi-Thearch is because his two Royal Seals are so compatible with each other that they have started to fuse. After all both Humans, Celestials and Fey are practising the Heavenly Dao each through in a different system. Though am curious to see what explanation he gives.
    To be honest I do not mind the retcons only I just want explanations from the author on different systems and each level clarified. Cause sometimes just leaves it without giving any new information to explain the changes occurring.

17. Wan Ted

Wan Ted Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just thought of something. In the original Martial World, some of the Elemental Laws had a stage four or five I think called Virtual Fire or Virtual Thunder, at which level of comprehension one's True Essence seems to control intelligent Elemental Energy. So they can form like a Fire Spirit or a Thunder Spirit from just their True Essence. I just wonder if Yi Yun has to reach a higher or similar level of mastery or something before he can finally be able to use the Purple Card to capture energy from living people.

18. random9997

random9997 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just read the translated chapter 1671 and CC actually remembered that seamless body was a thing.

19. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Yi yun already has a ridiculously high level upof understanding for all his laws. Only the elites of the godly monarch realm can rival him

20. Wan Ted

Wan Ted Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but that's cause he's comprehending extremely high level laws. I don't know about depth though I get what you mean.