LCD True Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    This chapter gave me a glimmer of hope. Things might still go incredibly wrong, but now I see a possible good path for the novel from here. I just hope YY meets Xintong soon so we can move on.
    Bai Shanhe seems decent, so I also have some hope now.
    Sure, first he will wipe th floor with a few preceptors at the same time, but that is part of the course of showing of his DL powers. Maybe Xintong will only appear when he 1v1 Skyjade when he nears the royal palace to meet her. 15 chapters is my guess.

2. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    What would happen if YY reached GM level and reincarnated? Would his seals leave his body as if he was dead? Would they fuse to his body and further boost his laws?
    Can you imagine his seals fusing to his body at every reincarnation and him producing new, more powerful seals every time? How stupidly OP would that be?
    And also at every reincarnation he could focus on new laws. I am already daydreaming here about a full set of Chaos-Destruction, Yin-Yang, Space-Time, Life-Death, Thunder-Wind-Rain-Lightining and Earth-Wood-Water-Metal-Fire and Sword-Saber 9-leaf Dao Fruits and seals.

That is assuming he does starts to reincarnate and gives himself the trouble to do this, lol.

3. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn’t just the one seal that he makes on his own grow with him and become a beyond gm seal?

4. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    So the seal would stay unchanged in his dantian? That is also a possibility, but it would be kinda strange for a Yuan Foundation guy to have a Royal Seal.

5. Darkbeowulf08

Darkbeowulf08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone said that the author was going to come up with some BS reason to allow LX to match YY.... And he did. I f*cking swear if LX becomes stronger than YY after waking up, I am going to visit CC and &#"*%+^<%&:=%"@!-"-&% him.

6. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping it would be like Moxian compared to Lin Ming but LX really could have been the protagonist and nothing would really change

7. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She stayed safe in the empire without offending young masters or old ancestors,that alone disqualify her to be an MC

8. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And she didn’t have tons of people trying to recruit her and then when she refused they try and kill her.

Let’s hope she has an actual personality again and that she still recognizes and loves YY

Looking forward to YY crushing these preceptors-and he should be able to easily. If he fights “evenly” with them...just what the heck has he been doing the last 50 years of powering up?

9. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    The prince is working hard to get yi yun to willfully leave. I think he knows Xintong will eventually discover him

10. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    He just wants to avoid trouble from the looks of it. And YY being so passive is bs. He should just wipe the floor with the preceptors and go find Xintong at once.

ser4 likes this.
  11. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he just hasn't reacted to them yet. The guy that wants to kill him and steal his stuff so far is just saying he wants to take YY away, but hasn't moved yet....-rereading the chapter- nevermind, they have taken him away for now and he is being passive...for now. When the preceptors try to make their move YY is definitely going to kick their asses. Any other result would be stupid.

Since YY got Lin Ming's inheritance and recognizes the reincarnation technique, I wonder if LM left that technique as well in his inheritance since he also used it, or if it's just the demon wheel. Or maybe it seems like just the demon wheel for now but it has the reincarnation tech hidden away as well, that would be fine too.

So far the report YY's gotten is that LX isn't wanting to leave the area and is accepting being nominated as empress...let's just hope no body hijack, brainwashing, amnesia or other BS will happen that will add yet another block between YY and LX truly reuniting.

12. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main reason I want them to reunite is so that people stop talking about it. But then they're probably start up again immediately as soon as they separate again.

13. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want this to end already. It is fine if they separate again as long it is no bs like the black hole. Have Xintong stay behind to cultivate, I am fine with that. What I don’t want is a cliche arc that should never have the excuse to happen in the first place. This is why I want them to meet already and be over with this.

14. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed-the only "long absence" arc I've seen that was actually acceptable was one where the love interest left for a long time on a journey of self improvement and it was acknowledged by both as being a long time they would be separated but both knowing it needed to be done for her to keep getting stronger

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The black hole actually made sense though. It was long established that they were living on a hidden and isolated world. What was hiding it? The black hole was positioned over the only spatial tunnel that led to it. Now maybe you can say that they shouldn't have been separated by it or whatever but the black hole itself was solid.
    You sound like you dislike the concept itself.

16. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    For the most part I do dislike it, since it's usually not handled very well-either family from the love interest's hometown come in to threaten/beat up the MC and steal her away (and probably plan on using her as a marriage fodder or cultivation cauldron for some random young master that the MC will have to beat up) and they're separated for a long time until the MC is strong enough to simply beat down any naysayers and shut the family up, or you get situations like in TMW where what is effectively a "random" warp thing appears and whisks the love interest away for a very long time. It's one thing to have a temporary parting on mutual terms and understanding they'll meet again later, it's another to have outsiders butt in and force added drama to the story or a plot contrivance to force a separation.

It may just be me being irked by it more than I should, but I am tired of seeing stories where the leads get along well and are happy together before being broken up for a long part of the story because of outside forces that really have no place interfering (at least from what I would think, maybe their culture would allow that interference), especially if the upper realm person (usually female lead) was abandoned by their family for whatever reason-cursed, seemed useless, terminal disease, etc.-and then their family suddenly pops back up after she's better again, ready to use her as a pawn for their power games

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really hate it as a plot element. I see it as being the job of the author to make it interesting. It's like any other overused plot element. Am I going to complain about auctions, tournaments, and exploring mystic realms? There was one time I got sick of time travel fanfics until this one guy wrote an amazing one.

18. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like yi yun got the entire Lin Ming heritage. It stated his cultivation techniques so I think that means all of them, including the sacred scripture and Asura sutra. I don’t think he’ll need any more techniques now, only resources

19. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    Similar thing for me-I didn't mind it the first time I saw it in a CN since it was new at the time, after seeing it 50+ times more it got old and I loathed it since it just added more speedbumps that seemed unneeded and obnoxious. Seeing that one where the separation was actually voluntary and them going in knowing full well what it entailed (and it had them do their first kiss and confirm they were a couple before the love interest left), I found an example I actually enjoyed and didn't loathe the concept utterly anymore. Still annoyed by it when it's done badly (or what I consider badly at least-so it's something that varies by reader), but it can be a tool to force the MC to stop screwing around and get serious in powering up and come as a backlash against something stupid they did (one story had MC claim to be from love interest's higher realm faction in order to try and intimidate some people-this bit him in the ass when that tipped off the people from that faction to come a-calling and take the love interest away)

I sincerely hope so, that's the same understanding I had of it-Lin Ming left all/most of his techniques there as an inheritance, Sheng Mei leaving behind the reincarnation technique but Lin Ming not would just be silly since they both used it to attain great power. I can see this coming up as "YY doesn't currently have time/safe location to do reincarnations yet like LX does" being an acceptable reason he hasn't pursued it yet, possibly working on it with LX and comparing notes like they did with the great empress sutra. If it's a "LM just didn't think to pass that particular insanely powerful cultivation technique on to for his direct inheritor for some absurd reason"....that is less ideal

20. This_King

This_King New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why Yi Yun doesn't want to cause a stir is that if there is civil unrest in the White Lunar Divine Empire, it gives other factions an opportunity to benefit from any infighting.