Trying with the program to read from Ridi

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by annahack, Jul 12, 2019.

1. pinktapeb

pinktapeb New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Do you know if this work with images too? i bought a full volume manhwa but it only opens in the program but the program is bad and i can't even zoom in the images so i wanted do download the images separatly BUT when i open the image it say that can't open the image :´(

did you find something?

AnniePoo likes this.
  2. pixelita

pixelita New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Can you please let me know about this trick? for some reason I can't see that post. I have a MAC and bought some books on Ridibooks.

3. jsemere

jsemere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm stuck too,I have never shared novels or ongoing ones that I bought from Ridibooks(darn it! Sometimes I hate this app:blobunamused:). I'm noob and finding it hard to navigate through it. I just pay and read and never bother about it once I'm done reading on Ridi ! I prefer Naver, webtoon, etc.
    Someone has asked me to share the copy of the novel I read so I downloaded it,and it's not in the storage and I'm at a loss what to do next!

4. Mermeri

Mermeri New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please tell me what version of caliber did you use?

5. JosianeLoures

JosianeLoures Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANKS! It really works!!

6. AnniePoo

AnniePoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FYI it'll also allow you to copy so you can get translation from another app, like Papago.

7. YuzzuUzzzu

YuzzuUzzzu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the majority the above method can't be used by now.
    Since Ridibook has made an encrypted ebook, I can't grab ebooks in Epub format anymore. And every time I want to screenshot they will hide the app.
    But I have since found a way that hopefully makes it faster for me to grab the text. It is quite tedious though.
    I have to download an android emulator on my desktop ( I use LDPlayer) and then open ridibook.
    At this point, I can screenshot but I want to grab the text. Any OCR is okay. But I use PowerToys which is a Microsoft collaboration software and install it very easily. Select the PowerToysSetup-0.##.#-x64.exe or PowerToysSetup-0.##.#-arm64.exe. I use PowerToysSetup-0.##.#-x64.exe. After installing, I use the shortcut Windows + Shift + T. This is let me grab a screen and since it is auto-copy, I just paste it straight away on docs. Hopes till helps.

AnniePoo, kjpo34 and aneliese like this.
  8. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for sharing! This method works for me too, though the pasted text sometimes leaves out shorter sentences and things like quotation marks. So I think this method works best for shorter stories you just want to read and don't mind the occasional sentence disappearing from.

9. YuzzuUzzzu

YuzzuUzzzu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you can experiment with different kind of OCR. As long as we can get the app not hide, should be good why ridibooks do this to us

aneliese likes this.
  10. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh I wish someone knew how to extract text from it...It makes me not buy ebooks since I can't extract to mtl it. T_T

Nixie008 likes this.
  11. AnniePoo

AnniePoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Copy is enabled for both Universal Copy and HiDictionary. In addition, web browser capabilities include 'download' and from there you can change file format. Hope that helps!

So clever! And thanks for the step-by-step instructions! I bow.

12. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you mean by 'download' on the web browser?

I'll also try using the powertoys thing the other user mentioned!