Unavailable on NU. Expanding on NU's database.

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by FlowingTime, Sep 22, 2020.

1. FlowingTime

FlowingTime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a way to add more novels to NU? There'd be this translator or site which has translated maybe 10 novels and 8 are on NU.

Also is there a way to tag novels whose chapters aren't up to date in NU. For example, I read a novel, reach chapter 100, wait for the update for a few weeks, and then realizing there's a 1000+ chapters on a different site.

I noticed both of these cases in novels from a certain novel platform where either most of them are unavailable or not up to date.

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're talking about web novel, there are some restrictions on NU, such as the fact that a chapter has to be free online for it to added to NU. Otherwise, https://www.novelupdates.com/add-release/

3. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are their translations free to read or pay to read? It's free to read only.
    Are the novels translated Asian and into English? Has to be JP, CN, or KR then TL to ENG.
    Are the translations of said novels aren't against another translator of the same project? It would make the situation complicated and delay TL.
    Are they MTL or not? I'm bias on this, but at least TL is readable and not some GTL.

runsing and riririn like this.
  4. Arkantos

Arkantos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes there is a way do add novels to Novel Updates, but its up to the translator to do. And for the second part, is it mtl or gated chapters?

runsing likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Its possible to add new novels and chapters via
    https://www.novelupdates.com/add-release/
    And
    https://www.novelupdates.com/add-series/
    Which both xan be located in your profile.

Due note that the releases must follow Nu's policy on releases.
    Common cases of releaes not being present here are

• The release is hidden behind a paywall such as most qidian translations
    • The release is nothing more than machine translation without any form of editing
    • The translator doesn't want their release to show here

6. FlowingTime

FlowingTime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you... I'll give it a try.

TBH... I'm not very sure

Ah... I see.

Yes, a lot of these missing novels are from web novel and was wondering if it was so because it was a platform of english writers... I used to read novels from a different website for years until it go taken down recently, and now that I think about it, it was probably because most of the novels were pirated or without the translators consent, and consequently I'm reading from both NU and another pirating website.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2020
  7. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Hit reply (or +quote and then insert quotes)) on all posts before you start writing a reply. Double posts are frowned upon and you've done quadruple now.
    It's usually translators that want to add their series to NU to advertise them better, but WN.C is big enough now that they don't really care. Especially since they can only add a number of releases before they reach the paid ones that won't be displayed on NU.
    And yeah, if the series were OEL then they're not gonna get added to NU.