Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. FayeFreya

FayeFreya New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please,there is one chapter where max feel so jealous when riftan clean his self in front of maid,can anyone tell me which part is it?

2. Koiyue

Koiyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just patiently wait my dear the novel not yet completely end

3. Flyinghigh79

Flyinghigh79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would it be possible for someone to spoil the One and Only interview with Kim suji and where she says that the story will end with a happy ending. I can't seem to find it

soraiamesquita and mj209 like this.
  4. reren

reren Member

Reading List:
    Link

I read this as well, I love it. Ishakan and Leia..The smut is more advance, lolsssss..Ishakan is more open to his feelings. The novel is completed on Ridi right? has 150 chapters. I love the cover of this novel, ishakan..:blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

5. GG26

GG26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel ends the last year I guess. I read it on ridibooks and there no sidestory

So it’s like UTOT?

6. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I got the wrong novel :blobsweat_2: you were talking about predatory marriage.

7. curryomo

curryomo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you seriously made my night. thank you so much!

tickytocky likes this.
  8. Kimurakun

Kimurakun Member

Reading List:
    Link

Dear Santa, i promise i'll be good and give me chapter 107 :blobangel::blobangel::blobangel::blobangel:
    I pray for Kim Soo-Ji health so book 2 can be finished and translated to English, i'm gonna buy ittt, take my moneyyyy :blobphone::blobphone::blobphone::blobphone::blobphone:

9. cree94

cree94 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk if anyone can help. I have been rereading the second book on my Google brower and it won't load the book anymore. In fact it won't load any books at all. I use the Google translates option to read the books. When I download the Ridibook.com app it shows me the books (so I know they are still there), but I have to read the book on the browser for it to translate. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

10. ayayawae

ayayawae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know when will sakura chan update the book 2, its still stuck on chapter 98 since last week?
    thank youu

11. Athena Nike Artemis

Athena Nike Artemis Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I signed-up only to say that I really love your insights, they're so profound. Deep thinkers like you, and the others who think like you are so rare. You look at multiple angles, delve deeper, then analyze thoroughly, before making a judgment or continuously keep an open mind.

Sadly, many people are shallow thinkers. They gauge that looking only at one angle/side is enough to form a conclusion. They deem that by merely looking at the tip of the iceberg is sufficient to pass a judgment. They think that by solely looking at the snippets of conversations or parts of the story is adequate to deduce a conclusion. They don't even make an
    educated research about psychological traumas, social history, cultural history, social stratification, and among others. They don't have to be an expert on each subject. At the minimum, have a knowledge.

Oh well, perhaps they're just the following:
    (Note: I don't know the haters/dislikers personally, so I can't really say what made them say those harsh words. What I mentioned in the list are simply my hypothesis. I might be wrong as well. The list is not meant to shame anyone; I don't have any malice, but to help you reflect and work on your shortcomings, because generally, people are unaware of their weaknesses.

• They're still young and/or naïve (not in a good way), and have yet to gain experience and learn plenty of matters. ("Keep your innocence and ignorance aside, and expose yourself to dangerous situations, and understand the deeper secrets of life." ~ Michael Bassey Johnson)
    • They weren't able to see/realize yet what a small number of individuals can see/realize. ("Perspective: What you see depends not only on what you look AT, but also, on where you look FROM." ~ James Deacon)
    • They have plenty of free time and have nothing better to do. ("An idle mind is the devil's workshop." ~ English Proverb) Why not use those spare times to do an educated research and/or do some analytical thinking?
    • Lack of education. (Judging is acting on limited knowledge. Learn the art of observing without evaluating." ~ Pushpa Rana)
    • Lazy to do an educated research. ("When we make judgements we're inevitably acting on limited knowledge, isn't it best to ask if seek to understand, or simply let them be?" ~ Jay Woodman)
    • Their lives are so perfect that never experienced tragedies or hardships at the minimum. ("When people don't know exactly what depression is, they can be judgmental." ~ Marion Cotillard)
    • They're so sheltered that they never seen nor encountered the harsh reality of life. ("There's a story behind every person. There's a reason why they're the way they are. Think about that before you judge someone." ~ Anonymous)
    • They're being or was once judged harshly, hence, they're doing the same thing to someone else. Be it real humans or fictitious characters. ("Those who are quick to judge, you are in a hurry to escape the brewing pain in their own minds." ~ Dr. Jacinta Mpalyenkana)
    • They believe that they're perfect (in a negative manner) and above reproach. ("For those who think they are perfect, have just found their first flaw." ~ Rick Ferreira)
    • Attention seekers. ("Judging people to gain attention has become a common method in this modern world." ~ Author unknown)
    • They want to say something just for the sake of saying something. ("Nonsense is so good only because common sense is so limited." ~ George Santa Yana)
    • Trying to look cool. ("Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." ~ Abraham Lincoln)
    • Poor thinking/analytical skills. ("Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge." ~ Carl Gustav Jung)
    • Subconsciously, they hate themselves or simply unhappy with themselves. ("The happiest people I know are always evaluating and improving themselves. The unhappy people are usually evaluating and judging others." ~ Lisa Villa Prosen)
    • They never held enormous responsibilities/obligations in their life nor been in a situation where they have to make grave decisions immediately, that's why they only know how to talk big. ("Don't judge people with the choices they make when you don't know the options they have to choose from." ~ Anonymous)
    • Psychological Projection—they're exactly how they described Max and Riftan. ("The way you see yourself is the way you see the world." ~ Dan Rockwell)
    • They hardly self-reflect or don't do it at all. ("Judgemental heart has lack of introspection." ~ Toba Beta)
    • They're weak. Probably even weaker than Max. ("We usually judge others in the areas where we feel the weakest." ~ Shola Richards)
    • They're dearth of empathy. ("Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." ~ Dale Carnegie)
    • They're too self-centered to see the bigger picture. ("A self-absorbed person only can see the faults of others, but they are often color blind to their own" ~ Anonymous)
    • They're self-righteous. ("The self-righteous scream judgements against others to hide the noise of skeletons dancing in their own closet." ~ John Mark Green)
    • They're in denial. ("Everything we judge in others is something within ourselves we don't want to face." ~ Author unknown)
    • They're insecure. Probably more insecure than Max and Riftan that they criticize the 2 of them to make themselves feel better even if it's temporary. ("Some people find fault like there's a reward for it." ~ Zig Ziglar)
    • They're so jealous (sour graping) of Max because she can improve herself drastically and do the things they can't. Thus, instead of admiring her, they'll hate her so that they can hide and/or justify their incompetence/insecurities.("Judgemental people do not appreciate life. They keep criticizing others because of their enviousness. Honestly, they want what you have." ~ Author unknown)
    • They're narrow-minded. ("Narrow-minded people generally condemn what is beyond their comprehension." ~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld)
    • They're rude, and insensitive (in a negative way). ("If someone treats you badly, just remember that there is something wrong with them, not you. Normal people don’t go around destroying other human beings." ~ Anonymous)
    • Downright blockheads who think that they're clever. ("Judgement is often no more than a confession of ignorance." ~ Bill Clegg)
    • Or mayhap there are other reasons that I have yet to learn. ("Be curious, not judgemental." ~ Walt Whitman)

To the all the haters/dislikers, kindly allow me to share with you my thoughts.
    (Note: They're just my point of views. You don't need to agree; we can agree to disagree.)

On Max:
    • You say she is weak? No, she's strong. Very. Strong. Why? It's because in spite of more or less 20 years of physical and verbal abuse, and felt unloved, she was able to maintain her sanity despite of being friendless, without therapy/counseling, nor any social media. At least with friends, you can pour out your sorrows. At least with therapies or counselling, you can get professional help. At least with social media, you can garner likes that make can make you feel good albeit superficially and short term.

If ordinary people with a victim mindset encountered what Max went through, feasibly they already have breakdowns, become a controlling freak, developed addiction problems, jumps from one bed to another just to feel loved, and/or committed suicide. Whence, I can confidently say that Max has an unawakened victor mindset. She was always able to bounce back on her own and took responsibility of her life without much help from anyone except Ruth. I even know someone who has more than 10 family members and friends who trust and support him, but he still ended up as a loser/victim.

In addition, her gradual healing is normal for someone like her who experienced abuses for give and take 2 decades. One tragedy can already have a tremendous repercussion in one's life that sometimes they won't be able to recover from it. ("Understanding trauma and that we each respond to it differently will help us be supportive and nonjudgemental toward each other." ~ Stephanie Convington)

• You say she is self-centered? No. She's selfless. And. Courageous because she sacrificed her happiness, and comfort, and embarked the unknown for the people and things that she holds dearly and wanted to protect—her husband, her husband's hardwork to be a commander of the Remdragon Knights and in building Anatol, and other else. Not everyone can do that, because many individuals prefer to take the easy road. The majority favored to stay in their comfort zone. Her decision to leave is almost akin to the overseas workers who decided to work abroad and leave their family in order to give them a better life. Who wants to leave when they can be the persons they love, live comfortably, and be in a place/people where/whom they're familiar with?
    "With great powers comes great responsibilities." (Spider-Man) This is not just some cool quote. This. Is. Real. If you have the ability to do something, make sure that you do it for the good of others. Highly admired people have done things that follow the spirit of this message. If you can stop something bad from happening, do it. You don’t have to be a superhero to follow those words of geek wisdom. It’s possible to do small actions that have a big impact in the world. (Source: "With great powers comes great responsibilities," Quality Magazine)

If you're in a higher position, you cannot only think of yourself; you have to consider a lot of things. She was the Lady of Anatol and the Lady of the Remdragon Knights after all. If you're averse with sacrifices, and major choices, then don't develop your potentials nor be in the position that you have to do such things; remain small, and stay where you are.

Plus, a poster (I can't recall who) remarked before, do you think Max can still look Riftan straight in the eyes if he gave up everything for her? Will she able to live happily without guilt knowing that she's the reason why Riftan lost everything? Do you think she can live with it? If she's a frail, shallow, self-centered, helpless, self-entitled, immature individual without any conscience, she can. However, she's none of those.

How about you? Have you ever made any sacrifices for the people around you? Or you're the type to expect them to make the sacrifice for you?

• You say she is reckless. Okay... Have you ever been in a life-and-death situation where the persons you care for might die? Can you tell us that you were able to keep calm and didn't do anything rash? Perchance you were so shocked that you were rooted on the spot and helplessly watched everything happened.
    In these kinds of scenarios, one have to act fast, really fast. Dangers won't wait for you nor ask if you're ready. Therefore, if you've never been in any life threatening circumstances, please refrain from commenting because you and I don't understand it. ("Don't judge a situation you've never been in." ~ Mitchell Perry) Even if you did been in it, it would more prudent to keep an open mind as people's reactions are not the same. (Don't ever judge someone else's situation, even if you've been there yourself. It won't be the same." ~ Ann Bryant)

Finally, do you think she can be hero without doing anything? Likewise, do you think Riftan can be the hero that saved the entire continent if he wasn't reckless during the Red Dragon Suppression? Have you ever heard of a great hero/heroine who didn't sacrifice their lives or something else?

Studies showed that one of the traits of a successful CEO is decisiveness with conviction even if it's the wrong decision. High-performing CEOs understand that a wrong decision is often better than no decision at all. And among CEOs who were fired over issues related to decision making, only 1/3 lost their jobs because they’d made bad calls; the rest were ousted for being indecisive. (Source: "What Sets Successful CEOs Apart," Harvard Business Review)

You may argue that Riftan is a seasoned knight who had been a skilled mercenary prior; he has more than a decade of accumulated capabilities while Max started learning magic for less than a year. Indeed, you are correct, but as mentioned before, "you don’t have to be a superhero to follow those words of geek wisdom. It’s possible to do small actions that have a big impact in the world."

On Riftan:
    • You say he was a r*pist on their wedding night? To be honest, it looks like it, but if you consider the other angles, it's not. Firstly, he asked Max for 2 or 3 times if she wanted this and every time her answer was yes. Ergo, there was a consent although hesitantly. Secondly, he was inexperienced, too. There was no internet in their era where he can watch online p0rn videos or search an article on how to pleasure a woman. Even if there was, I highly doubt it'll pop up in his mind as he has plenty of things in his plate. I don't need to elaborate those things. Just go read the novel or at the minimum, the parts that leads to their wedding. Thirdly, the way I read it, he prepared Max, but it could be, as a poster (I forgot who) stated before, she was too scared and doesn't know what's going on (what marital duties meant) to relax and be prepared; her fear overrode the ecstasy. Penultimately, it could be that the following played a factor: shortness of proper education, absence of woman's touch (his mother is the only woman his life previous to Max, but she ignored him), and he was rough because he spent more than 95% of his life and time with men and most of them were crude mercenaries and ungracious but righteous knights, not gentlemen. Lastly, it may be that he just wanted to be done with it. He was also coerced into it and conceivably couldn't fully enjoy it. Who likes being pressured? Anyway, we can only guess. We may know his point of view, however, it doesn't mean we understand his point of view. There's a difference between knowing and understanding.

• You say he is obsessive and possessive. Honestly, I feel the same way. He is the most possessive and obsessive male lead I ever read. As an independent, unclingy woman, I don't think this kind of personality will fit me; I'll get suffocated. Probably his obsessiveness and possessiveness will work well with girls who loves to be spoiled, treated like a baby, and laze about most of the time. Nonetheless, his characteristics never gets on my nerves for the reason that there's always a story behind a person's behavior.
    My theory is, these 2 characteristics of his stemmed from his humble background and the belief that he can't have his dream woman because of his lowly status. He was so poor that he can't afford expensive items and possibly in his subconscious mind, Max is one of those luxurious articles. Now, he is able to acquire the most deluxe object in his eyes, he'll hold on to it tightly, very tightly, because it's his most precious treasure.

Don't we all take very good care of our most valuable possession? Some even wrapped it in a cloth, put them in a box, and keep it in deepest part of their cabinet or drawer. In the novel, it was said that Max's father keeps certain highest-priced books in a display closet so nobody could touch them. The way I see it, that was what Riftan doing to Max.

Anyhow, I can't say for sure due to the fact I'm not a psychologist nor a psychiatrist. Furthermore, my beginning is well-off and still living comfortably, thus, I don't exactly know and understand how people with humble origins feel and think.

To end my soliloquy, to the Max haters/dislikers, please contemplate on this: Do you happen to be a fan of Max's father, Duke Croyso/Croix/Croesus? Some of you even claimed that you hate the duke for what he had done to Max, but if you look closely, you're doing the almost similar things to Max. ("People are too quick to pass judgment, and too slow to self-reflect." ~ Author unknown)

Do you realize that by criticizing and/or insulting her, you're behaving like the duke sans the beating? The duke criticized her stuttering, etc., you criticized her for being reckless, self-centered, and among others. The duke insulted her as a fool, worthless, the disgrace of the family, and so forth, you insulted her as something else. So does that mean you hate yourself, too?

Although you're just a minor version of the duke, it's still the same. Instead of being cheerleaders, you... *sigh* *shaking my head* ("Pulling others downs will not upgrade your level, it will only degrade yours." ~ Sumera Naeem)

In drawing things to a close, to the Max and/or Riftan haters and dislikers, and other judgemental persons out there, I would like to leave more quotes for you to ponder on. I hope it'll help you to become broad-minded.

"Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect." ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour

"Everyone has a story left untold. So never judge someone as if you know their entire life story because the truth is, you probably don't." ~ Anonymous

"When practice loving-kindness toward ourselves, a miracle happens: We stop being so judgemental of ourselves, and, in turn, we're also less judgemental of others." ~ Troy L. Love

"People who are truly happy are generally too busy enjoying their own lives to have time to pass judgement on how others live theirs." ~ Author unknown

"When you judge others, you don't define them, you define yourself." ~ Earl Nightingale

"Learn to see things from different perspectives. Never limit yourself to just one point of view." ~ Anonymous

"We can never judge the lives of others because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path but it’s another to think that yours is the only path." ~ Paulo Coelho

"Only the shallow judge the others, those with character know how to judge themselves before they judge other." ~ Abhijit Naskar

"It's easy to judge. It's more difficult to understand. Understanding requires compassion, patience, and a willingness to believe that good hearts sometimes choose poor methods. Through judging, we separate. Through understanding, we grow." ~ Doe Zantamata

"Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are." ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"There is a story behind every person, a reason why they are the way they are. Don't be quick to judge. Be kind and assume the best." ~ Nicky Gumbel

"Being open minded and loving can help you being a better person. So shed your negativity and try and understand what the other person is going through." ~ Ananya Bhatt

"This world that we live in would be perfect if there were less prejudice and people who think they are better than others." ~ Werley Nortreus

"Pulling someone down is cowardice. Holding someone's hand and uplifting that person is bravery." ~ Farzanah Amani Hassan

I like to post more, but I'm afraid I'll be flooding this forum.

12. Czaech_Returns

Czaech_Returns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if all of the fans' deep analysis here is the same way when ya'll making analysis on your studies. I wonder if you guys have that same enthusiasm and immersed to study on that level the same way when ya'll studying.

mj209 and emptycan_princess like this.
  13. Czaech_Returns

Reading List:
    Link
    Calm down. @tickytocky was actually narrating the whole scenario or period of book with just a point to remind the overlooked meanings behind the implied story of the author (emphasizing the characters), sure it's an insight but you're so wowed like it's so rare when everybody had actually been discussing that "profound" analysis before. I find it hilarious to put so many citation and the fact that you're too passionate to say like "they're not doing more educated research" on those stuff, Though I acknowledge your great love for the book as well as your "certain profound insight" that you are very well firm to make a stand against people who just simply reads and judged too early, but really i hope you'll read way way back on the forum. just a bit.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    bradpitt69 and mj209 like this.
  14. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey. New to this forum but I ended up reading UtOT like...three times through at this point on Ridi. Just wanted to gush a little about Maxi and how good of a character she is!! The way she constantly strives to better herself despite everything she's been through is so refreshing in a character in a light novel like this. I genuinely am looking forward to when she is fully established as Riftan's equal (and honestly it feels like we're getting close to that point? Though I think Riftan needs to heal and grow a but more himself first). While I wait for the hiatus to end I'll probably end up reading it at least a few more times...

Side note: I've been binging so many LN/manhua lately and this is one of the few times I've wanted spinoffs for like, a good chunk of the side characters. Ruth fanclub represent!!! Grumpy wizards are the best...

mj209 likes this.
  15. soraiamesquita

soraiamesquita Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Max ever find out about Riftan giving her peddles etc when they were children?

16. ayayawae

ayayawae Member

Reading List:
    Link

Very well said, you analyzes each character very well, im in awe to read every word you type, makes me learned and understand 1 human being from all aspects

sorry if my english is not good, it is not my main language

17. Kimurakun

Kimurakun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There`s a latest release of Oak Tree at onlymtl, contains 50 chapters and 1 chapter of Gabel POV, but it`s protected by password. Does anyone know what that is? Is it the same as side stories in jaedansa-in-anatol at postype?

18. Czaech_Returns

Reading List:
    Link
    No.

soraiamesquita likes this.
  19. soraiamesquita

soraiamesquita Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's sad :(

20. LaineyYo

LaineyYo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof does anyone know what happened to the group TL'ing the novel? Looks like it got deleted... (つд⊂)