Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope she will be able to retrieve the original version in her laptop once it is fixed later.
    From what i understand, once her laptop dies at 2pm Korean time, she started to write the draft again in her desktop, but she was not confident that she can finish it on time, hence she sent the immediate delay notice to ridi.

manlyman, Asias, emdl07 and 9 others like this.
  2. poppypop

poppypop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah I am confident the original files are there, nowadays everything goes on the cloud so once they restart the pc or give her another one then she will retrieve the drafts!

manlyman, Asias, emdl07 and 6 others like this.
  3. Bluecattea

Bluecattea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :coffee: At least they do that much. I feel about ready to die every time I have to switch gears from writing and illustrating to chasing attention for my work. When I had a publisher, they arranged the cover art, ISBN, edits and one group podcast with the other authors. Now they've closed and I don't even have that.
    Seeing all the marketing efforts and support from Ridi has me like :aww: Animated trailers and theme songs, y'all!!! ::bloblove::

I'm relieved that this time it's just laptop trouble! Nothing is more important than our KSJ's health! :blobsmilehappy:

I think this next chapter may cover whatever plot Richt has going on... he can't simply be a ...pig... for the sake of it, can he? Is Balt's king still backing underhanded schemes against the peace treaty? It seems they're determined to hand Riftan a brutally crushing defeat in front of everyone, and it seems that the duel with Ursuline shows that Richt has thrown away all honor and the officials (probably bribed) will let him get away with using excessive force. I suspect him of doping up as well - I mean, if there's a substance or magic that *can* give him an edge, then based on his character, he'd use it in a heartbeat.
    Perhaps the pope chose Riftan not because of Ascalon, but because he's the only man with a chance of beating Richt even if he's *illegally augmented* and the officials have been bribed to look the other way.
    I also rather want to see Richt's father formally disown his jerk of a son.

4. athena1979

athena1979 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that Richt's father has been tired of his son's attitude and behavior, too. So, it seems that Cassius or the current pope knows that both Riftan and Richt are enemy. Furthermore, Cassius might have recognized Riftan's origin, too. In my opinion, besides Ascalon, he has another purpose why he trusts and counts on Riftan.

5. MARSEA12

MARSEA12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Richt isn't close to his father, mother, and sisters, he's is only close to the king.

His father knows his son has his same skills but is tired of his arrogant attitude.

6. sendyv

sendyv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! That’s a good theory! That’ll give it a real spin.

I’m looking forward to this duel and to see the noble’s reactions to Maxi (i.e. did they see her rush to help Ursuline? Did it look cool to them? Was Rosetta there?). This last part might not be so important but it’d be fun to read.

7. MARSEA12

Reading List:
    Link
    Richt needs to loose in a duel for being arrogant and thinking he is better than anyone even though he has good skills. If Riftan fights next Richt, I can see Riftan defeating him, if Richt does something shady, I see him being disqualified. If the final duel is with Riftan vs Richt I just hope Riftan defeats him and humiliates him and that will teach him a lesson.

8. hanwausus

hanwausus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Riftan should defeat him in "one shot" like any other opponent, this would make him feel worthless and humiliated after all that vulgar display of power.

9. Asias

Asias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It will be nice to have a double chapter on Tuesday. Lots to discuss. I think we’ll have the Riftan- Breston duel and some Maxi getting mad at Brest. She might lose it while Riftan will make him lose:)

emdl07, manlyman, AlmaBerkana and 7 others like this.
  10. MARSEA12

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw this on Twitter and it reminded me of Maxi and Riftan and how must they feel for a while:blobamused: Screenshot_20221202-201315_Twitter.jpg

11. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    @ROEM CALYPSE, countless thank you :) Hmmm, she needs to buy a new battery for her laptop.

Asias likes this.
  12. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her laptop failed at 2pm KST, which i believe she has nearly completed yesterday’s chapter that she intended to upload to ridi at 6pm KST as scheduled. I also believe that she saved it in her laptop’s harddisk, not cloud. So she redo@rewrite the chapter in her desktop instead, but couldnt meet the dateline at 6pm KST. Hence we received late ridi chapter delay notification yesterday. I think it is a valid reason and not just an excuse from her. I work in IT industry, and i had this unfortunate event last time where all my saved works and notes in my laptop were totally gone due to harddisk failure :cry:. And silly me i didnt even save those work in external hard disk or cloud before that happened as i took for granted that my laptop’s harddisk is reliable and will never fail :notworthy:. This happened years ago. Unlike my current laptop, at that time my laptop was not configured with auto save @ sync to cloud function. Poor KSJ i know it is very frustrating to lost your work that you spent hours on to think, write n update due to laptop failure. I hope it is just a battery failure, not harddisk failure so she will be able to retrieve chapter 206 draft that she worked on earlier.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    emdl07, manlyman, kim rabbit and 8 others like this.
  13. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ames2021, thanks for your information. @ROEM CALYPSE, thanks for your opinion. And, I completely agree with you. None, including a profesional writer is flawless. To be honest, I was born in 1979. I'm not familiar with "on the clouds". Even, such kind of ongoing e novels, forum and discord are new to me. I am only familiar with typewriter, PC and "Nokia".

Honestly, same with some of you, I would also like to read bout' the sword competition between Riftan and Richt next Tuesday :unsure: I guess their competition might spend around 2 or 3 chapters.

@ROEM CALYPSE, therefore I often have a disastrous relationship with the perfectionist people, including my relatives. My acquitance has also been "traumatized" with a few unfinished light novels, such as Another Blood Of Madame Giselle.

emdl07, AlmaBerkana, Asias and 2 others like this.
  14. sendyv

sendyv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Awww yes! This is how I felt for half of book 2… and then Osyria happened. I was low-key worried they would have another misunderstanding after that but thank God they didn’t! No third act breakup or anything like that :bloblove:. I had that little trauma from book 1 where things would look so good and then BAM, huge fight and tension.

AlmaBerkana, Sa12Ben18, Asias and 5 others like this.
  15. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    @MARSEA12, I miss their snusnu, honestly. They need to make it, ....everyday :eek: at Anatole. By the way, I wanna see the cats, too. I also miss Rodrigo, Rudy and the Oak Tree.

@sendyv, I cried everytime I read the chapter 193 of the 1st book.

16. Gabi2077gabrielle

Gabi2077gabrielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    I hope the end has about twelve thousand characters

17. Asias

Asias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously!!!! I am thinking of about 2 chapters on the competition and 2-3 chapters of them going back and reaching anatol. If lucky an epilogue with a time lapse…
    ……and 20 chapters of snusnu :D:D:D

18. Gabi2077gabrielle

Gabi2077gabrielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)(y)

19. athena1979

Reading List:
    Link
    And, furthermore, she has also been traumatized by Kim Soo Ji's hiatus. As I have mentioned, she also often "criticizes" Kim Soo Ji's revising habit. And, well, she and I always wish UTOT wouldn't have the same fate like Another Blood Of Madame Gizelle. I wish my response were able to be accepted and understood.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    Asias and AlmaBerkana like this.
  20. sendyv

sendyv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y’all!!! I had a terrible nightmare where the last chapter came up and it was a little inconclusive and I wanted to discuss with all of you BUT I didn’t have time during the day so when I finally logged in to the forum, IT WAS CLOSED AND Y’ALL had said your goodbyes :cry:. There were about 50 pages of forum that day from the discussion and then a closure and I didn’t have time to write anything! Then I opened my eyes and realized it was a nightmare lol! Omg i have issues :facepalm:

HolyCannoli, emdl07, Asias and 7 others like this.