Novel Unequaled

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by sasuga_nonami, Feb 14, 2021.

1. sasuga_nonami

sasuga_nonami Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoooz! So I tried my hand at writing and came up with this crazy idea on the side. Just to say, I have no plan about this whatsoever since this was created with the mindset of "hey i'm bored, why don't i write something to pass the time?" kind of thing. I'm also not sure whether I'd write more tho... So anyway, welcome to my chaotic brain.

UNEQUALED

"I will be the hostage for the enemy." The First Princess declared.

"The Empire will want to have me, the precious daughter of the Western Kingdom. I will stay there and become theirs if it means keeping the peace between our kingdom and the empire. In this way, father and brother can get ready when the Empire decides to break peace."

"Although my return will not be soon, I will come back."

[ Genre: Drama, Romance, Fantasy, Josei, Historical ]

Table of Contents
    Chapter 1: Western Kingdom's First Princess

2. yooshin

yooshin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooooohhhhhh nona be writing~~

3. sasuga_nonami

sasuga_nonami Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Father!"

When Valeria walked in, the entire room fell silent. She had been resting in her quarters at the royal palace while she enjoyed her afternoon tea when her knight, Sir Farjan informed her of the possible war between the kingdom and the empire. The maid who was with her turned pale at the news and Valeria could not believe her ears.

If her kingdom and the Empire go into war, it would no doubt be the Empire's victory. But it will not be an easy victory for them since strong knights are birthed in Dorovica.

"Is it true?"

Valeria could feel the council's eyes on her. Each pari scrutinising the rude behaviour of the first princess. "Eria, you are not supposed to be here." Her brother, the crown prince and the heir to the throne, Ravan looked at her firmly. Valeria understood the meaning of his gaze, but she did not care. She set her rudeness aside and asked once again.

"Is it true?"

The people in the room looked away as she walked towards her father, the king and her brother with clenched fists. Confidence and firmness emanated from her every step. The nobles part of the council felt uncomfortable with the silence with only the clicking of the princess' heels reverberating around the spacious room.

"I asked if war was true."

The king massaged his temples and closed his eyes. The old man clearly looked tired from handling all the kingdom's matters. surely enough, such a busy man like him didn't have the time to answer his little princess' questions.

"Valeria Teronoa Dorovica, go back to your room. This is a matter you should not be involved with."

"This is my Kingdom and I am the First Princess. How can I not be involved in this matter, brother?" She shot back.

"You--"

"Enough Ravan," The King spoke. He turned to his daughter and sighed. "What you heard is true. The Empire plans to take our kingdom as its own. And if they succeed, we Dorovicans will not be spared."

The room suddenly burst into a commotion as everyone reeled at the surprising news. Valeria's heart thumped with nervousness and anger, a mix of emotions swirled inside her. The nobles of the council whispered amongst themselves with murmurs of terror and uncertainty. Dorovica may be a strong kingdom with many talented swordsmen, but the Empire has more people that can certainly overpower them.

"What are the conditions?" She asked.

"Father, are you really going to tell her?" Ravan frowned as he looked at Valeria with anger.

He was angry at Valeria for being nosy. Knowing too much might get her in danger and he was sure of it, this was his sister and he knows her too well to not be worried. "Father, I need to know."

"No you don't." Ravan firmly said as his eyes burned with anger.

"Since you already know this much, there is no point in keeping this from you," The King frowned as he placed a hand on his daughter's shoulder.

"The Empire wont attack if we send them a hostage."

A hostage? For what?

They murmured amongst themselves, baffled by the conditions. They all thought about who to send to the Empire as a hostage. For sure they cannot send the Crown Prince as he is a inheritor of the throne, and they definitely did not want to send their precious princess as she is loved by the kingdom's people. There are others to be sent as well--Duke Renata's daughter, Marquis Teron's son--but they are key figures in society.

While all of them thought about who to send, one person in the room already made a decision nobody can overtake.

"I will become the hostage." The First Princess declared.

"But your highness...!"

"None of you are going to convince me to stay here. Our kingdom is danger and the people must not be harmed. For the sake of peace, I will become the hostage."

Valeria looked at the shocked expressions on her father's royal council and the corner of her mouth twitched in amusement. From the corner of her eye, she could see her brother look at her with burning anger, her father too for that matter. But Valeria already made her decision.

"Are you crazy, Eria?! What if they do something to you?"

"They wont do anything to me. Think about it for a moment, brother." She said. "The Empire will want to have me, the precious daughter of the Western Kingdom's King. I will stay there and become theirs if it means keeping peace between our kingdom and empire. In this way, father and brother can get ready when the Empire decides to break peace."

And I will slowly plant seeds into the Empire to break them down internally.

"I know my return will not be soon, but I will come back."

"Princess! Please reconsider! You can't..." one of the nobles pleaded.

"Valeria, I will not allow you to become the hostage." The King said. "Ravan, take your sister back to her room."

"But father...!"

Before Valeria could speak, her brother had already pulled her out of the room. She watched as the doors close behind her, and she thought her father would look back, but he did not spare her a glance.

Yeah, basically this is the only thing I've ever made lol. It's very amateurish and bland to me but hey, at least I tried you know