Discussion Unnecessary Blushing needs to stop

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by LolMania, Mar 2, 2021.

1. LolMania

LolMania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You definitely have read at least more than one Japanese novels and you should have noticed some things
    For example whenever someone is called by his/her first name he/she stutters, right???
    Well this topic is related to that.
    All (well all I have read) Japanese novels follow a trend compulsory -
    1) Whenever someone is called by their first name they get unusual reaction like profusely blushing or shuttering or acting silly - I found it fun and likable at first but then got bored after I have read 14 or so novels and lose interest several times at the conversations
    2) There is that annoying friend of the FL that gets between FL and ML- it's so annoying dude why the hell do authors add that character? Some good times like kissing are interrupted by that character ugh just let the couple have some space b*tch
    3) In isekais, most (yes most) times the MC gets all the characters to befriend him and the life goes smoothly without any major action (shield hero,konosuba and some other are exceptions) - I don't even understand of how powerful is this plot armor?
    4) While using skills yell it's name - I know it looks dashing and flashy but it's time to stop, I even wanna question the 3 years ago me of how he got addicted to Japanese isekai mangas.
    5) Every isekai world has a built-in Japanese translator... (Well not wanna comment)
    6) You will see authors promoting hot spring and rice in their novels at some point, no matter how evil or good the novel characters are.
    7)Isekai trend is increasing? -it's a question cause I see mostly isekai mangas when I try to search some,
    Even Chinese ones have only Cultivation world setting or romance world setting.
    Except Solo levelling and kill the hero other Korean novels haven't gathered my attention (I have read only some of Korean novels)

(Sorry for including Chinese and Korean fellow novels in this one, it's an accident)

So yea this is my unnecessary ranting, please try to pass this message
    "Unnecessary blushing needs to stop?"

I am tired.... Gn

Mnotia likes this.
  2. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Whyyy blushing is cute! :blobcatblush: Especially in BL! I need moreeeee

Devon likes this.
  3. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. LolMania

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm (looking weirdly)

6. linmeili

linmeili Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek: I wondered about that "calling out the name of the skill before using" when I was writing my novel. I think it would make sense in certain situations but not in others. Like, if you were gonna throw a grenade, it would be good manners to shout out "fire in the hole" so your teammates know what you're doing. But if its like you and a monster you want to kill, you wouldn't yell to warn the monster.

7. Violet Blaze

Violet Blaze Step Red Sibling | Holy Blaze

Reading List:
    Link
  8. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isnt these nose bleeding stuff far more annoying ?
    see a bit skin or panties and directly spray 3L blood around ? if it happened twice char would be bloodfree ?

SamStrike and Tofu Cat like this.
  9. Shizukani

Reading List:
    Link
    It's cute ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

10. Shizukani

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, better than showing the actual physiological reaction that guys would get.

11. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wouldnt say it works that way - at lest not for me

Shizukani likes this.
  12. LolMania

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine two handsome guys popular in class go together home each day but one day they decide to take a turn from a deserted alley when suddenly one of them grabs another by hand sweating and still looking beautiful says "hisaki I love you" But the other guy gets flushed and replies "b-but Hoshino we are both male our family will not accept" But Hoshino still grabs him opens in upper college uniform button and kiss his neck "I don't care remember our childhood promise? You said you will marry me" Hisoka struggles but doesn't push him away and after some time he stops struggling and says "fine... do as you wish... " Then Hoshino kisses his neck then his collarbone and aims his sweet wet lips to Hisokas lips just as he is about make the forbidden love, I enter from the other side of the alley and puke on them,both get wet with my godly puke, suddenly both change from their original handsome face and lean body with six pack abs to a rotten skinned fat bellied zombie that hasn't eaten for 100 years, they both look at each other and stay silent, but after some time they start to bite each other with their yellowed teeth on each other's bodies various parts the once idolized duo whom all the girls loved have been shrunk to this state truly looks horrifying but still satisfying, it's better to see a zombie apocalypse than two male kissing after doing my job I leave that alley that will keep those two biting each other for eternity...

Shizukani likes this.
  13. LolMania

Reading List:
    Link
    I made the upper story on spot so anyone can use this scene in their novel (be sure to credit me a.k.a LolMania

Shizukani likes this.
  14. Shizukani

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah I was just remembering a meme xD

15. Shizukani

Reading List:
    Link
    kinky. I think I have a novel to rec for you (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)

LolMania likes this.
  16. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Using japanese suffixes in western themes, I say why not translate their equivalent instead of leaving it that way.

17. shyja

shyja 『Seinen』『School life』『Sports』

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

18. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-4-2_11-37-33.jpeg

19. Shiroikaze42

Shiroikaze42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what I'm hearing is, you've discovered cliches? Someone includes a particular concept, character archetype, plot device, etc. in a novel--usually in service to the story--and other people enjoy it and copy it. Often the original purpose of the concept, or plot device, or whatever is completely lost in the copy, but it keeps getting copied anyway, until it's just there because it's "supposed to be" there or because it's convenient. I dunno what to tell ya, it's a thing that happens in artistic work of all kinds.

Also the isekai trend has been on the up and up for many a year now
    :blob_blush::blob_blush::blob_blush:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    LolMania and Little Pretty like this.
  20. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm far more annoyed with the romance baiting that japanese LN are the master of. I'm fine with a novel without romance, i'm fine with romance as well, but make an ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP, PLEASE. Now, there is a fair bit of JP romance novel that does that, but when romance is a sub plot, you'll get at 99% just a little kiss at the very end of the novel, after 10+ volume of awkward flirting that lead to nowhere.

LolMania and Little Pretty like this.