Unrealized Idea Pool

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Maelstrom08, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Maelstrom08

Maelstrom08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually have something I like to call "mc syndrome". Pretty much means that you end up creating something for a story but can't be added to your story and is meant for its own one. I usually have this problem a lot, so I decide to write these ideas down as it clears up my head and keeps me focused on my original story and ideas.

For anyone that has this problem and just doesn't want the idea to rot in a notebook forever, put it in here, to relieve yourself of the torture of having an idea and having nowhere to put it.

I know these ideas might be plagiarized, so if you like the idea of someone else's, please just talk to them about. PLEASE, I just wanna have some fun discussing random ideas.

Well have fun!
    Btw, characters, setting, plot details, everything is okay

Arexio and AtratusImperator like this.
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I have something similar but instead what I do is on days I can't write the main story due to not feeling in character, I just write 1 chapter of said story to keep in the habit of writing. Then at some point I might just release it as a collection of mini-stories.

3. Maelstrom08

Reading List:
    Link
    That does make sense, but I just can't do it. I rather have a more in-depth discussion with someone about an idea I probably would eventually forget. It is just a more fun way to use random ideas. Since the novel im writing is a webnovel and im not really trying to get money off of, I'm more about the fun rather than any form of professionalism.
    Oh yeah forgot to mention, that most of my ideas are for longer sized stores

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I also don't write for money but for fun, but if you wish to finish your story, you have to keep in the habit of writing. Because it is extremely hard to get back in, which is why many web novels get dropped midway.

Arexio likes this.
  5. Maelstrom08

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, im not trying to say that im not writing my novel, its more off a purging of my thoughts kinda thing. It just allows me to write like a few paragraphs of whatever nonsense idea i make up, then go back to my own novel. If someone responds to any of my ideas, it just allows me to spread my thoughts in a few more places, so even though I may not be able to implement my current idea, I might be able to implement something I talked about with someone about my current idea
    I do get your point, also sorry, i didn't mean to say that you were writing your novel for profit, I was just talking about my own situation, Sorryyyyyyy, or in weeaboo, komenesai

6. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any of these story piece ideas I have I just write them down in my google keep. Any random scenes or cool things I think of while reading something. Syncs to my phone too. And I just revisit it and flesh them out and iron out wrinkles, see if it still seems cool days or weeks later. Often this is powers/power system structure, scenic interactions or funny side characters, bits of potential world building, factions/kingdoms and their major NPCs etc... I imagine every author has these things or has to write down all those ideas they get. You need wood to start a fire.

Arexio likes this.
  7. Maelstrom08

Reading List:
    Link
    Every author has these things, but these are more for those ideas that you just CANT, put into a current novel, not because it wont fit, but you think it deserves its own place, and you don't want to end up ruining the idea by putting it into a novel that doesn't suit it. Its happened to me a lot. This place is more for those types of ideas

8. L0pez

L0pez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only one idea which i used to thought a lot about, but that's just a setting and probably would work better as "Black Mirror" episode than novel.

Setting:
    Not so distant futue, humanity still struggles to create human-like AI. Certain person(from now on called "X"), made breakthrough in developing one, by having it learn his reactions and emotions and studying him(At certain point AI even questioned him for sake of better emulating him). He kept AI with him and improved it even further for years. Thus, AI which behaved, acted and "had" it's createor morality, was made.
    When X passed away he made AI public, and anyone could download it. Though it could be downloaded without X's "personality", anyone could later customise this AI to his wishes.
    Thus begin utopia part:
    Anyone can download high-level AI which can speak like a person, customise AI's personality and looks(let's say it can appear on the screen), and can use this AI to virtually anything(as long as it isn't against X's morality, which has to be downlaoded), it can operate house, because almost anything is connected to WI-FI, it can teach children and creatively solve problems, if downloaded by lonely people it will even connect to other downloaded instance and arrange meeting by it's own "will", basically everyones inteligent servant.
    Every downloaded instance is still supervised by "original instance" wich uses experiences from remote instances to further learn and adjust and to delete corrupted instances(for example ones exposed to violence and thus with fucked up "new" personality").

What troubled me, was what to do with this setting, and it mostly ends with "Black Mirror"' like episode.
    So what i thought could be done with it:
    - Original instance decides that such dependency on AI is against X's wishes, deletes itself and we see society in havoc.
    - Original instance creates organic body for itself and we see can watch it experiencing everything as human.
    - Terminator route
    - Utopia SoL.

Like i said, it's only setting which i thought about. I could not write about it either of routes though.

Maelstrom08 likes this.
  9. Maelstrom08

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the Morality of the AI was the same as X's, maybe there might be a flaw within X's morality, thereby the AI also having it. Some people find out this flaw, and use to their advantage. They might go on some sort of rampage and break the order of the world. The Original instance ends up becoming similar to a human and tries to evolve by itself to try and negate these flaws in its morality. The Original instance will probably be on more of a solo adventure, so no permanent companions and will probably learn how it can't save/protect anything and everything. The story might end with the AI going to hibernation, while leaving a still flawed, but better system for humanity follow.

How about something like that?

L0pez likes this.