Recommendations Untranslated Japanese LNs with a strong male/female duo.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by lukinhox, Feb 19, 2020.

1. lukinhox

lukinhox Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was motivated to search for the power couple tag precisely because of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu series since I like Ryner and Ferris relationship even though it isn't all that romantic throughout the series. Therefore, I'm quite interested in seeing some other action/adventure setting series in the same vein, but it doesn't need to be limited to it. The true “essence” of what I'm looking for is primarily and specifically a slow-building (romantic subplot) romance duo doing things together, like adventuring or solving mysteries. For the most part, I want to see them act like true partners who are always together, understand and depends on each other such as in other series like Spice & Wolf, Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria and Tsukumodou Kottouten.

Preferably, I want to see a male protagonist and a strong (or at least a strong-willed personality) female heroine. It should be noted that I absolutely don't want to see harems.

To give you a few examples, these are ones I found myself the most interested in at the moment:
    • Rakuin no Monshou (Seems to be the most similar to what I'm looking for)
    • 86 (This one seems to have a great chemistry between the protagonist and heroine)
    • Grancrest Senki (I haven't watched the anime, but from the pictures they seem like a solid couple)
    Yes, I'm aware that some of these are translated/licensed, but they're here just as an example.

I have been exploring sites such as BookWalker, LNDB and here on NovelUpdates and ended up finding some Japanese untranslated light novels (as of now) that seems to have the particular traits I want or at least some of them (I can't know for sure since there isn't much information for some of them like tags and synopsis anywhere), such as:
    • Haruka Toudo no Canaan
    • Uchinukareta Senjou wa, Soko de Kieteiro (It was licensed, yes...)
    • Sekai no Hate no Random
    • Propeller Opera
    • Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan
    Please suggest only Japanese works.

I know I'm probably asking for a lot and it's understandable if you don't know any. But, for those of you who are avid Japanese LN readers and know any that are similar to the aforementioned ones, your suggestions will be very much appreciated.

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link