Discussion Username and Avatar

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mrgameandwatch77, Nov 11, 2015.

?

What made you choose your username?

1. Had the same one for other accounts already

56.4%
  2. Felt like trying something new

12.9%
  3. Was too lazy to think up something better

19.8%
  4. Just mixed several usernames

2.7%
  5. I want to change my username if possible

4.4%
  6. "Rage option" - Pie

3.8%
  1. FalseNutrition

FalseNutrition Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's always different for me because I guess I like to make myself struggle whenever I forget my username and passwords. I don't write them down either so I'm shooting my own foot here. :'] Whatever comes into my mind while I'm creating a username will be my username. You can pretty much guess what I thought with my username here. :whistle:

I gave up uploading avatar because I'm indecisive in that department. I am lazy but I always want to change my avatar depending on what I like on certain days, which is exhausting. If NU decides to change their default avatar for new users, I already saved a picture just so I can keep the old version. lmao

2. Achievemint

Achievemint Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I voted for the third option and was surprised that most of the votes went to the first one. I could not do that or else someone will know me in real life that it was me right off the bat! I rather be incognito because I feel more liberated that way. Yes, I know! Your online activities is not totally unknown. Going back to the title topic, I was being lame and lazy when I thought of my username. I am also hoping some people would catch my drift. I'm waiting for them to use phrases that relate to my username. haha I was also just trying to use the analogy of Novelupdate's new user avatar. That is all!

3. emiliers

emiliers Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to go by another username ages ago (you can actually still see me use it on some sites, i.e. MU, since I've been there for over a decade). During that time, I was really active on a certain petsite (not neo), and I made a lot of friends there, who I eventually told my real first name to (Emily, as common as dirt), and one of them, I don't even remember who now, nicknamed me "Emiliers". I liked it enough that I remembered it when I was registering a new account somewhere sometime later, and I've used it ever since.

My icon is way less interesting. I do like Yurucamp, but the reason I chose it was that I had just gotten a new computer and hadn't bothered transferring most of my files over from my old one. The only icon-worthy images I had were of Yurucamp, since I just watched it and took some screenshots for gif'ing purposes, so that's what I ended up using. (Nadeshiko is best girl though.)

4. GrantFlower

GrantFlower Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My ID comes from the series called One Punch Man My avatar on the other hand comes from well the internet

5. mattomatto

mattomatto [Mystrade Lockdown]

Reading List:
    Link
    I picked the name mato from korean group who has their own group rabbit toy called matoki. Since around 2012 i have been using matomato for my AO3 page and now almost all accounts are using some sort of matomato (just different spelling)

6. PaperPrincessAi

PaperPrincessAi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a japanese bassist on youtube I really admired, and I wanted to draw more, so I picked it hoping it'd be catchy enough to maybe start an online career?? unfortunately I'm not good at drawing and was afraid to post haha ;;

7. Arrynne

Arrynne I have a lot of things to say. . . Like Bacon!

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually use 'Arrynne' for forums to have a slight connection to my irl self.

Arrynne is my second name sans the first four letters of it. ****ARRYNNE
    , **** name of a video game character but with a H for the last letter

8. anonymousraindrop

anonymousraindrop Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had different IDs because my indecisive self can't settle on a name for some reason. It took me about 2 years to finally stick to this name. I wanted to put the element of mystery which is = anonymous (and well at that time everybody around me was using it so why not) and combine that with raindrops (coz apparently someone took anonymousrain, so well). So, in the end, this name has been stuck to me ever since.

As for my avatar, she's the mc of beware of the villainess, Melissa Podebrat.

9. nkkkwa

nkkkwa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my username's just a shortened version of my nickname, and my avatar is lucifer from the game obey me! (*´▽`*)