Feature Request View Less Posts per Page

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by AliceShiki, Oct 28, 2017.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a feature for NUF, I know it is not developed, but I think it is simple enough to be doable.

Basically, sometimes I need to browse NUF with a really really reaaaaaally slow internet. And when I do that, I can't load some pages, sometimes because they have too many spoilers, or maybe images or... Or something, the important part is, I can't load them.

If it's on a thread, I can just log-out and check it then, since NUF becomes lighter when you're logged out (for some reason), but I can't do that on PMs or other things I need my account to see/do.

So, I'd like to have an option to see only 10 posts/page, it would make pages lighter and easier to load, I think this wouldn't be hard to implement and wouldn't trouble anyone, since the default would still be 20.

... And no, I can't just use a wi-fi, I usually spend the whole weekend without wi-fi, and it isn't nice to let someone waiting 2-3 days for a reply.

I also tried disabling Javascript, but it didn't help either, the page was still too heavy.

2. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    if you don't mind, may i suggest two workaround for the meantime? (at least until tony decide to add the lower post display setting, if ever)

one, turn off signature. (untick the "Show people's signature with their messsage" )
    two, use an image loading on/off toggle plugin such as this. it will show up in your browser's bar. i've been using it for years. but it might not work with FF 56 and 57 (in fact a lot of current plugin are said will not work in the next FF 57). not sure if chrome has such plugin tho.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, it's done but I had to add it at the end. This plugin that I have installed makes the first option (20) the default option.

BlancFrost, AliceShiki and runsing like this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Signatures are off by default on phone! >.<

I will take a look at the plugin though!! *hugs*
    Thank you!!!!!!!! *hugs tightly*

5. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think It takes more data to track what your doing (Latest activity, Activity by user, ETC) when you are logged in.

AliceShiki likes this.