LCD Virtual World: Close Combat Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by asriu, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahahahaha, since I'm translating it, I definitely see things....... further. It's a slow evolution, but boy is growing up (Or at least, I think I see growth in the near future), but I don't deny it gets frustrating. Especially as how one of my readers has put it: Why isn't he farming up all the level 60 monsters he find and sell the equipment and earn big bucks and get better equipment? Like I said, not a fan of the pacing, but it does keep me translating XD

2. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's why you call him a pvp maniacs, he is inside the game mostly for .... fight
    so don't expect him to become someone who can somehow doing every quest that people though impossible, impressing all the ladies and get them in his harem, and crushing every villain jalous of his luck with women or treasure

Celascion likes this.
  3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh you’re HerbiGiraffe?

This part summed up the stupid side of the mc.
    Just calm down dude. A part of me actually wants him to get killed back to level 1. Just so that he learns to think before getting into fights.
    Yeah that’s true. Didn’t Vast Lushness say something similar when he was trying to sell all the old loot?

4. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Nooo... I'm Celascion XD There's two TL-ers for CCM

And you're absolutely right. Vast Lushness did tell him something like this, that he waved off because he's that kind of guy -.-

Me too man. I also wanna see him get killed at least just once, and not in like the PvP tournament context. But if you've read TKA, you know that such a possibility is probably even lower than MC getting a Harem.

5. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    even translator give him a harem denial tag, he don't care but still funny

6. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh okay. I’ve just seen the other persons name in the recent chapters.

I didn’t even realise they’re by the same writer. I put TKA on hold around chapter 145 but from what I’ve seen people say about the novel it’s really good. How come I don’t feel that from CCM? I really think I need to drop the novel and not read it for a +100 chapters. Otherwise if I read it one by one as it is I might just drop it completely.

7. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a writer that knows what he's good at. It's not romance XD
    Sides, harem is such a CN novel trope that it feels worse than fluff sometimes -.-

8. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm, CCM is like an earlier work for Butterfly Blue, so its a bit of a rough polish. There are similarities, but I think the biggest turn off for CCM as compared to TKA is the lack of end-goal/direction.

In TKA, its a pro that goes on to level far because he's a god. Then he goes pro, which really starts giving you the idea of him forming a team, and subsequently see him go on to try to be number 1 once more. Item progression/team building/etc all gives the reader a sense of flow to the story.

CCM is less bounded by goals and feels more like an.... Adventure. It's very similar to a noob who first jumps into an MMO, slowly figure his way around, but at all times, you have no idea what to do. we're almost 200 chapter in, and aside from this PvP tournament, do you have any idea what Gu Fei want to achieve beyond his kungfu? He's essentially a Noble Savage in how he's not corrupted by the expectations of MMO play but beyond that, you are not sure which direction the MC goes. (But because I translate the novel, I can safely tell you that the point of adventure is very key in the development of the story and its character)

9. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    don't worry bro, there are many trashy novels in NU(90% maybe or more),it's filled with trash got rejected by clan, get cheat, go kill people, get girls until chapters 1000+ and we still don't know what it is about.

10. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 208: often mc complains about lack of gold. There’s suddenly an opportunity to make gold. But mc says he wants no part of it. He knows his mates will still use him to make gold. He knows people will find out about him anyways. So it would make sense to just go along with the money making plan. But no. Instead he goes to mess with their plan for fun. And then in the end he reveals himself and his abilities. So what was the whole shitty point of this? Now that they’re splitting the money is he going to ask for a share?

Depending on how the next chapter goes I think I’m dropping this novel~

Edit: Chapter 209: dropping it off now.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  11. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it goes back down to principles. It's like how if your friends are using your email account to conduct Nigerian prince scams but you want no part of it. Even if they found a gullible mark, you're not going to be taking the money earned because that's just cheating people out of their money and you're not about that noise.

In Gu Fei's case, he was against being objectified and used by his friends, but he can't control them from doing that to him. In fact, he asked them not to do it, but they did it anw. When he realize it's too late (and troublesome) to convince them otherwise, he decided to have fun with it by playing that weak spell trick since he had no wish to take a dime off them anyhow. He only revealed himself 'accidentally' when Silver Moon pissed him off (rather convenient imo) and everything that spiralled out of control.

As for taking the money in the end, he never once considered that because that would be him endorsing the fact that he is okay with what they did to him without consent, which he wasn't. But he's not petty enough to bear the grudge against them because this is all just a game to him after all. So to answer what was the point of all this: it's to finally lay to rest the whole is Gu Fei the OP Mage that dominated the city. After playing around with keeping this identity a secret, the gang decided to make money off it before he became too prominent to the point where everyone would have found out everything about him. And in some ways or another, it serves to further solidify certain relationship dynamics between future opponents and past grudges etc.

Anw, sad to see you drop the novel after all this while :cry: Nevertheless, I thank you for sticking out thus far and hope if you ever do return, you'll be able to find back the charm that attracted you to the novel in the first place :)

akki likes this.
  12. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t dropped it completely. There are good parts to the novel. It’s just been annoying recently. So rather than getting annoyed on a daily basis I’m just gna come back to this after +100 chapters~

13. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    akki-chan don't drop a good novel but continue reading bad one

14. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is a good novel and which is a bad one? Enlighten me~

15. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk about this novel but i know 1 novel which is pssing me off as i read it... its called mmorpg martial gamer... mc plays the game to earn money and to use his martial arts... so far i read... he meets a random geoup of people who is inside trash but because of face help mc out by giving him a compass. Thats good right? But wait. He went to find his quest spot only to find those group of people getting wrecked by 20 level 30 mobs (there were 30 level 20 or so players in the group) so mc helps them. Awsome right? But wait! After that the group asserted themselves to help mc. (Fucking trash cant even help themselves) and mc accepts cause he cant deny them cause mc is an idiot outside being a martial genius. Now after that they happen to find a hidden dungeon (which is mc quest) they say hidden dungeon give godlike rewards so they went into it. Just when they reach into the village inside it they were abushed by 40 mobs so mc decide to split the fight 20 for mc and 20 for the group. Mc massacred his mobs while the group is struggling to end it and they got some silver and bronze equips (btw silver equips = pro or strong players) so the group is happy they ask mc if he gonna loot his mobs. Mc denies since its just a mob not a boss.(where the hell is the earning gold in here? Fuck you author). Now after that they found the groups bounty quest mob so the groups try to fight it and mc watcjed them. The groups ended their items being stolem by a single mob and almost getting wipe until mc saves their ass again. Now mc decided to loot it. He found the items that got stolem from the group so he returned it to them.(aint mc kind) now then after that they went into yhe village only to find mc got another quest which killed off the other group quest. So mc is felling guilty about it. They say its fine cause they know mc is the number 1 expert in the game they cant do anythig about it and decided to just keep on tagging along mc. Just when they decided to do the quest the mc village leader told to to resupply first so they did only to find best items in the game so far... archers saw that an item being sold is a quiver of arrows that has bunos stats while having the best stats in game so far but cant affor cause its 50 silver ( while normal quivers are 50 bronze) but mc went to buy EVERYTHING cause he thinks it could help his shop since these thigs are CHEAP he buy 1000 of it and mc decided to give those people 40 quiver for free... 100$ worth...(mc donating stuff now... where is the earning gold part author!!!) After that he buys everythig in the town... and now the group decided to do the quest... they found a level 35 gold elite boss. And the group of 30 has got its leader and its sister get killed. But mc subdue it and eventually killed it. Now comes the looting part. Mc loots 1st item ask his friend how muh its worth his friend says 150g (150k usd) so mc says to the group ill give you guys 100 gold for this...(wtf buying his own drop from leeches?) Same goes for other items worth 200g and 500g mc payed them.(wtf this is a whole new noob level.) And now mc wrnt to kill his boss quest. Everyone from the group died except 1 archer. Mc suppresed it and asked the archer to shoot its head. Guess that the archer did?
    He said no thanks i dont want to die. But eventually mc forced that shit to shoot it. And boss died... this time no loot but got reward. Mc got skill book while archer got ovsidian grade bow (which is at this time peak grade equip).... in the end this mc instead of earning money ffrom his quest lost alot instead. Cause of authors so called noobie ways. Hayz now I ask you.. which is more trash of a novel?

16. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I gotta say, those Forever in Flowers guys sure are amusing. :blob_grin:

17. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are what I consider to be the comic relief bunch for a comedy/action novel. Use it in the right places for the few chapters, and they are hilarious. Make them a centerpiece tho..... ugh. It gets tiring.

Basically how I feel about Royal God Call sometimes. But I'm always a fan when June's Rain is being a klutz tho haha

18. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Oy! :blobfearful:
    http://gravitytales.com/post/virtual-world-close-combat-mage/vw-ccm-chapter-258-and-important-news

19. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-273+
    Interesting multi-group mission with non-fighting challenges. :blobthumbsdown:

20. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much. The author gets a little creative with each leg of the entire expedition. There's still fighting of course, but there's plenty of other things to busy... everyone. (I especially love the part when they get to the third city CX)