TV Voltes V legacy by GMA Philippines

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by canaria23, Jan 2, 2020.

Tags:
?

Voltes V live action by GMA Philippines

1. Yeah

33.3%
  2. Nay

66.7%
  1. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  2. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember Victor Magtanggol's CGI?

Zoeyyy likes this.
  3. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is not the first time they wreck old goodies... Though i really hope they can pull it off.

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The trailers cgi is promising but we'll never know, maybe its only in the trailer or they really serious about it, the director is said to be a real Voltes V fan.

5. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if the Director is a real Voltes V fan nothing will happen if they do not invest in a high-quality CGI.

6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly

7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    What I'm worried about is them focusing on Romance heavily more than the real storyline, I could see them making a drama out of it.

8. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just so sick & tired seeing these live actions.. :blob_catflip:

I hope they can stop ruining these great & iconic animes & just film something new. :blobsad:

9. kirvy

kirvy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think when they invested much more in the CGI like you wanted in some films it will take away millions of pesos, unlike in the films their production cost more than a million of dollars just to do the best looking CGI and I think the director of Voltes V Legacy said that this live action takes 5 years produce. Also the tv series here in the Philippines are everyday and many episodes, they dependent also in advertising, not in the westerns series were it was being watch weekly and divided by seasons. Have you seen series like Mortal Instruments the tv series, their CGI was awful as they have low budget, but their production was good

10. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Should have made it a movie then.

11. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    I care if they reuse cgi in every episode as long as the cgi is good

12. kirvy

kirvy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol do you know how it cost just to do a film almost like Hollywood movies or Japanese live action. Just to do the math the average film of Philippine Films are costing around 500 thousands to 10 millions pesos to produce or below the average, if you see Vice Ganda MMFF films what do see of their CGI? its so awful but filipinos enjoy watching it because it was funny. If they make this a live action movie, it will cost more than a 150-500 million pesos to make. So I think that this tv series did their par best, but not that great as you have seen most of the tv series or films here are not that great in terms of animation/CGI.

13. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Same treatment as Victor Magtanggol then, everyone will make fun of its CGI.

14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Care to explain this reference?
    I also saw a comment on the trailer video that is exactly the same.

On the show, is this a sequel? Such big budget things usually flop.
    An animation would have fared much better

15. kirvy

kirvy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but as you have seen there are some improvement in terms of the CGI, so let just praise it because it was not easy to do a tv series in a long run. But even they just make fun of it, at least they watch the tv series and make critique for more improvement in the future of tv series lol.

16. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a tv series from the same network with a not okay CGI.

17. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    If they have unlimited budget works and actually make hire a good animator (iirc there are good Filipino animators there that has actually animated some good CGI abroad) then it would do good... But yeah if this live action actually made a daily episodes one then expect it to flop very hard.

For those who aren't quite well versed on Filipino meme'ing the station enough... The station actually used alot of 'Filipino versions' that came from old Korean dramas and if i recall they also made a supposedly 'spin-off' to Space Sheriff Shaider which is known to kids as 'Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan' (Zaido: The Space Sheriff)... Which has a respectable 100 episodes and garnered bad reviews since they made it a soap opera instead of the intended of a kid's show that we normally see on these kinds of shows.
    This same station actually also showed a kinda rip-off version of Arrow and Thor with their lineup which is kinda meme'd and also got flopped by their rather horrendous CGI effects

tl;dr
    Better to have not much hope lest you get disappointed.

Kirill likes this.
  18. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    Search on google Victor Magtanggol's Jormungard or Victor Magtanggol Snake CGI and see for yourself.
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

Wujigege likes this.
  19. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost asked if it was Jan Dara until I recalled that it was Thai.
    I watched on the Wings of Love and it's the only Filipino content that I have consumed.
    I found it hilarious that Chinese netizens complain about the same pair getting cast as couples while it's preferred in the Philippines.

I am not too clear on your earlier post. Are you saying they made bad unofficial remakes of Korean dramas?

I found a post that lead me here:
    https://www.spot.ph/entertainment/showbiz/74327/jameson-blake-free-art-a00220-20180705-lfrm

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  20. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    The Filipino soap operas dumb down the plot for more episodes just like those we see on webnovels here, and it's not enough to be just that, they made some so cringey you want to slap the MC to death for how 'dumb' they are. Funnily they made adaptations after they knew that the foreign drama is good enough and easy to replicate. Which feels bad since the Station has full capability to have a good TV series without making bad moves (they made very good fantasy TV series too that aren't piss trash compared to now).

And added to the fact that they bad CGIs also are being discussed, it might be actually good to say that this project is getting bashed even when it's still on teaser stage because of how pessimistic people are with these kinds already.

Edit:
    About the link you cited, it's the usual Filipino toxic work culture of cutting budgets with both sides on the wrong... One side doesn't seem to want to increase the artist's budget and other doesn't want to improve his/her quality (which made the one who has the budget to raise it) in fear of added work for no increase in wage. Which made a vicious cycle here.

Then about the 'Shoutout' incident... It's just a confident guy who thought getting art degree is effortless and actually just give shoutouts as wage and people on PH exploded and made it worst.

Wujigege likes this.