Recommendations Warlock of magus World

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Hermitly, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Hermitly

Hermitly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where protagonist is proactive, doesn't wait for other to screw with him. Make plans and execute them. And doesn't give flying fuck about whatever happens to the world as long as it achieve his goal.

kingSlayer033 likes this.
  2. E Shadow

E Shadow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why the derogatory terms? Selfish works.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Tiffy likes this.
  3. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity ( must read)

Birth of demonic sword ( still reading, so far it's good, no romance, he is cruel and lone wolf).

A record of mortal's journey to immortality. ( no romance drama, he is a lone wolf, very calm minded, the power growth is the best of all the CN I've read)

kingSlayer033 and Hermitly like this.
  4. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Hermitly

Hermitly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I'm just so frustrated with characters who due to their bottom lines and what not create a potential danger or leave behind potential danger for the future. So it's my frustration speaking.

kingSlayer033 and E Shadow like this.
  6. Hermitly

Hermitly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity, the one I'm up to date with as far as translated chapter goes. Loving it.
    And about record of mortal journey to immortality is the reason I added proactive. He is not in the control of the situation. And that's not once or twice that's always.

7. Hermitly

Hermitly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yes and no. First, Eternal Life - can be summarized with 2 words "demonic cultivation". While MC does have a few people who he defends, but it is more on a level "they are mine". In addition, MC is really ruthless. On the other hand, human translation is pretty much on the level of MTL...
    For Mystical Journey, in terms of structure it is similar to Carefree Path of Dreams. MC mostly goes solo and doesn't really have friends or love interests, just subordinates. Basically, MC is ruthless, possessive, selfish battle maniac.

If you read Warlock of the Magus World and Carefree Path of Dreams, you might as well try The Wizard World and The Way of the Devil. These 2 novels are basically the prototypes of of Warlock and Carefree.

Hermitly likes this.
  9. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Carefree Path of Dreams is a disappointment.
    The beginning is okay but the middle part is just too annoying.

Mystical Journey is a mix of WMW, Carefree Path and many more.
    It's okayish. At times it was good and then not so much. The mc isn't that consistent, in my opinion.
    Towards the end it was okay again. Would only recommend it if u had nothing better to read. And the ending isn't finished(dropped? hiatus? rushed ending?, dont know), depending on the view. At least it isn't a satisfying ending like wmw.
    And the mc isn't ambitious.

The Wizard World had a good start, my biggest issue was mcs name, really pissing me off, but the rest was okay, felt kinda like wmw.
    Kinda!
    Dropped it around the nightmare realm part. Tried getting back into it but couldn't. So either i just lost my touch with it or the novel really becomes bad from that point onward.

10. kingSlayer033

kingSlayer033 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link