Recommendations weak to strong but long

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by grish99, Dec 22, 2020.

1. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for a novel where the mc have no talent,is crippled the world setting make the mc gain his power slowly (or something like that) but at some point (preferably overtime not everything at once) he will become strong or at least not bottom feeder .
    examples: trash of count family, Regressor Instruction Manual, Law of the Devil
    anti examples: anything chinese where mc start in backward village that is in backward country that is in backward continent that is in backward world that is in backword you get me,

2. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Blankdom

Blankdom Unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    Only read the manga, but that doesn't seem in line with what OP was asking for; the MC seemed 'strong' even at the start, being able to basically wipe a city at what, 4? -- Yeah, he needed 'time' to learn that, but it was skipped/glossed over.

Only one that really comes to mind is Mother of Learning, where the MC continuously trains & improves.
    -- Because a lot of novels have power creep problems; and MoL basically set the capped/high-end power near the start.

Not sure about these:
    How to Avoid Death on a Daily Basis -- Stopped reading it after awhile, so don't know if they end up becoming strong; though seems to be, what with them being in the middle of things.
    Edit: ^ This is the only really long one. ^
    Vainqueur the Dragon -- The 2nd MC, Victor, maybe?
    Threadbare-- And the authors out two series in the same world. Since I included Delve, thought to include these.
    The Iron Teeth -- How author does it is through discovery of abilities.
    Delve -- As with most w2s novels, the MC has to stand out somehow, but can't been seen as being 'strong'; this novel is one such.
    -- Not sure about Avoid Death, but Delve is the only one that is still updating (Besides if you check out other series for Threadbare's author.)

The others I read are either too short, or as mentioned, have major power creep problems, where the 'challenge' slowly increases as the MC advances -- Plus they seem to all be 'front runners', because they are the MCs.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    grish99 likes this.
  4. aaachris

aaachris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle through heaven, ze tian zi