Discussion What do you guys think about human extinction?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Aug 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, because I've grown out of being edgy.

2. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...we'll either figure a way out of the mess we've created or we'll drown in our own shit. We don't really matter a whole lot except to ourselves. In the meantime, I've got bills to pay.

ludagad likes this.
  3. risamalefica.TT-TT

risamalefica.TT-TT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "What do you think of human extinction?"
    Wonderful.
    yay let's all die

Shizukani likes this.
  4. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it'll happen eventually like all that runs in the cycle of life. I'm not sure when or how though. Kinda curious~ cause there're a lot of ways.

5. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    I like being alive more than I like being dead. Maybe once I and everyone I care about die, then my opinion may change. For now, though, I choose life.

6. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    are you sure? humans have been pretty good at rapidly spiraling towards destruction.

7. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    They are good at it, yes, but they are even better at recreating themselves as the current overpopulation problems show

Sawanara murasaki and Chu2 like this.
  8. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It's gonna happen someday.

9. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, incels will be triggered by this thread!

10. rustytimetraveler

rustytimetraveler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm looking forward to the future as corny that sounds lol. Think about all the inventions and developments humanity could make!

Like what IICreation from upstairs have said, every creature exploits their environment to their advantage. Humans especially like to take advantage of their surroundings for their own satisfaction. Although there are good and bad things in the world (humans) we should not view everything in black and white. I don't agree that humans should be extinct because we are bad people and harm others. We could change, everyone could. Start the change with ourselves, then educate others in what ways could we do to lessen the 'harm' we're causing to our planet.

Extinction is inevitable. Everything will come to an end. It's a shame that humanity would someday go extinct. For me, death doesn't bother me that much. However, human extinction is a far different matter. It's really a shame if things would come to an end just like that. It's sad to think that nothing lasts forever. Even the long line of human blood will be gone sooner in the future. Earth really will look different without us. It seems kinda lonely, but ethereal.

My teacher has made us watch a video about what would earth look like if people were extinct. It was sad to see the abandoned buildings surrounded by lush greenery, void of humanity. I thought of my two cats and thought that they would return to the cycle of finding long gone food scraps and would resort to killing other animals for food instead. It's a really sad thought that Earth would someday be without human life, or would someday be obliterated with all of us. (Apologies for the long statement)