Discussion What do you like about world hopping/unlimited flow novels?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Orris, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Orris

Orris 『 最 強 ⑨ ~ 』

Reading List:
    Link
    the title :meowflower::meowflower:

these novels never seem to have immersive worldbuilding since they switch settings frequently, so i never feel that invested in those worlds and the characters from them
    but what do you like about them? :blobwob::blobwob:

Alexcia, Ash_Kira, Ahodesuga and 2 others like this.
  2. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I rarely read this kind of genre, but i think the main attractive point is, if you make mistake in this world you can just run away into the new world. Hopefully if there is unfinished love, they wont coming along and become yandere

yourmomtenkeyy likes this.
  3. Orris

Orris 『 最 強 ⑨ ~ 』

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm maybe but i dont know how common that is tho
    ive seen characters that are yandere and mc cant escape them because theyre also the system administrators

4. puukkiss

puukkiss I'm Keeping My Eye On You!

Reading List:
    Link
    Short plot points + long plot points: you watch an MC grow for a long time while seeing them in different situations. Some QT are boring with the same modern setting and the most basic plots, but others are more creative. You see the MC take on the role of a student, adapting and thriving. The story in that world is concluded since they are already at the top, but then they QT and are dropped in the middle of an apocalypse, a wild place, or anywhere else. Now, while they were the best student and a rich person, none of that matters because the new situation has new challenges. In a way, QT is how the story gets rid of old baggage, so the MC doesn’t get too OP and overloaded.
    QT is more common than you think. Novels and other media use QT without being in the QT genre.
    Pokemon moves to different parts of the world with only Pikachu. One Piece jumps between islands. And so on. The MC QTs between different plots without being weighed down by something they had to do in the previous episode. If the story’s MC travels a lot between places, that’s also a kind of QT.
    You leave behind old plots, people and move on. You rarely return or sit still. QT is just more straightforward with what it does.

Orris, Ash_Kira, Bad Storm and 2 others like this.
  5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    To tell you the truth. I have never read those type of genres because I prefer stationary novels. I link this genre close to many wuxia and xianxia. Where they can’t seem to stay still. With a storyline that repeats just with different names. I should probably give it a chance, but I have ingrain revulsion of stepping into that. But we’ll see. Never say never. Am I right. Lol

Orris likes this.
  6. SASScasm

SASScasm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Def agree with you.
    I don't really like romance and go out of my way sometimes to stay clear of it. Most of the QT i read are therefore not really rom maybe they do marry or something but none of that same soul everywhere bull.
    So i get what i want in like childcare, career, face-slapping all of it across different settings with an MC with the same personality

yourmomtenkeyy, Orris and puukkiss like this.
  7. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish fulfilment, No matter how much of a trash novel it is.

8. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to avoid QT now a days. It basically the same plot. Series of worlds, ML is actually the same soul in each, rinse and repeat until the author runs out of ideas, happily ever after in either the meta world or the MC's OG world.
    If it's pretty well written, I'll give it a chance and just go with the flow, but I still end up dropping them 7 out of 10.

9. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    We get to see the same couple put into different universes. Like take don't pick up boyfriend's from the trash bin for example. It's just fun to see different type of genres clash together .

10. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    The lack of commitment :blobhero:

11. Sumer Sun

Sumer Sun Growing mushrooms in a dark corner

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only ever finished one QT novel, though i don't like the genre i liked a few things like:
    The emotional ups and downs of the mc and ml meeting again, getting in love again, or looking for each other etc
    Sometimes mc is thrown in the midst of a chaotic world or situation and it's very interesting to see him handle all that and still remain in character. Like, the consistency of the character's writing is really cool
    Basically yeah these. Plus many interesting scenarios and worlds ig?

12. puukkiss

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. Romance is my *time to drop novel* when ML enters the scene. And yeah, I like when MC has to play a another role. Like when they suddenly are mothers, dragons, different perspective.

If you wish for QT more out of usual roles, I recommend:
    戏精穿进苦情剧 / This Drama is only bitter and not sweet
    Author: 扶华
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4091254
    Tags: fake world-hopping; roleplay (MC takes on another identity); high tech world; dystopian society; unfair treatment; evil system; women are oppressed by society; face slapping; zero romance (reading it felt like MC might be Aromantic/Asexual, but it was never stated).
    Kidnapped by "Good Woman Correction System", Mercury was given an ultimatum: to become a good woman.
    Only the meaning of this word seemed to be screwed by the system.
    [When the host becomes a good woman who is tolerant, gentle and soft, loyal, filial, brave, and willing to sacrifice herself without regret and is a good daughter, a good wife, a good mother, a good daughter-in-law, and a good mother-in-law, only then the system will consider the host to be successfully corrected and allowed to return to the real world]
    In response, Mercury smiled gently and softly said to the system in her mind, "Fuck you."

听说我是坏人(快穿)/ I Heard I Was a Bad Guy (Fast Forward)
    Author: 一叶知秋叶不羞
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4187045
    What is the definition of a good person?
    --A kind-hearted, generous, unconcerned, stabbed by the person closest to him, and still able to cover his wounds and sympathize with his suffering forgiveness ......
    In response, Tong Yue said: Sorry, I'm the bad guy.
    [Bad Mom World
    The son with the white eyes: You are my mother, so you should give everything for me! I accidentally got you killed, but that's because you're too vulgar and spicy to be on stage! What, you're still complaining? I'm sure all the good you've done for me in the past was just an act! You hypocritical, disgusting, bad mother!
    Tong Yue: As you wish.
    The villainous good mother is online.
    Wearing the perfect façade of a good mother, she digs holes everywhere, burying her white-eyed son in the dirt and never turning over, but also making everyone (including her white-eyed son) feel grateful and remember her as a wonderful mother.
    [Bad Daughter World
    Control freak mum: I'm doing this for your own good, why don't you understand your mother's pain? The teachers at the rehab school are good people, you have to listen to them! Sigh - this child is kind of ruined, let's hope the next one will listen better.
    Tong Yue: Teachers in schools for Internet addicts are good people, I agree with that. So ...... mum, you need to get along with the teachers~

绝望主妇[快穿] / Desperate Housewives [Quick Travel]
    Author: 恰之北北
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=5353101
    Tags: Domestic violence;
    Why should a good man not live long and a scourge last a thousand years?

• Escaping from abusing husband.

• She no longer has a son

• The Daughter Who Can't Get Divorced

• The Purple Ribbon Mother

• Sister doesn't want to help her brother's demon

Orris and SASScasm like this.
  13. SASScasm

SASScasm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

You got anymore NO CP QT?

Here is more QT that is a tad better than the utter garbage that passes as novels sometimes (I'm extremely exasperated by the lack of results for my search of novels that make a decent read).

MALE MCs with a screw loose and nuts gone crackers.
    I Persuade People With Reason
    A Professional Avenger
    Super Male God System

As it says, bout being a mother and taking kids down the right path
    Call Me The Mother of Quick Transmigration

Generic stuff that gets a pass
    The Female Supporting Role Shows Out
    The Supporting Female Character Is Not Behaving Again
    I Quit Being The Devoted Supporting Male Character

14. Crabbylioness

Crabbylioness Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely NOTHING. 99% of the time I find them irritating. There's insufficient development and what could be considered a series of remarkably similar short stories at best.

BUT, then there's this one series about an insanely powerful god who is attacked and his consciousness broken up and divided between multiple worlds, and his lover who has to find the missing pieces and put him back together, while evading the original bad guys. It's become one of my favorite stories on this site.

The first Volume is The Return of the Lord God. To be fair, the start of this novel is dreadful, and if I had read it first I would never have read the series. It gets better after the first 20 chapters or so, but it's still got all the "new writer" problems. It doesn't have to be read first and is best read after the second novel as a prequel.

The second novel, After the Full-Level Boss Entered the Infinite Game By Mistake, is light years better in terms of composition and sophistication, and manages to be both a suspenseful and funny romp. I highly recommend it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    Orris likes this.
  15. Erysion

Erysion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The wonky power-scaling between worlds.

Orris likes this.
  16. puukkiss

Reading List:
    Link
    Not many, I always forget to save link >_>

穿越之复仇 — Taking revenge while crossing to different worlds
    Author: 决绝
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1770706
    Tags: Ancient person hopping to different worlds and in between returning to the original world; family-focused MC; face slapping scum; zero romance; revenge
    Zhao Qing had never imagined that she'd gladly sell her soul to the devil.
    And yet, her world changed when she learned that her father had not only cheated on her mother but that her fiance had also cheated on her with the same woman's daughter. Worse, she and her mother were both accused of adultery with a servant, while her brother was poisoned, turning him into a fool.

"I Sweep Garbage in the Wasteland World" has flowers in the wild_[Original Novel|Romance Novel]_Jinjiang Literature City (jjwxc.net)
    Reading Guide: 1. A bit of cyberpunk style copy flow, copy stories in series, the worldview is a cyberspace inside the wall, and the early stage is inside the wall and the later stage is outside the wall.
    2. There is a lost horror element in the contaminated area, micro-fear
    3, the heroine is the strongest!

SASScasm likes this.
  17. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say because of the interesting short stories in between, the unlimited flow I'm liking now are the ones where 2 protagonists go around each world and meet each other and know each other (aware of each other) unlike the rest where only one protagonist go around each world where the other protagonist just be NPC....so yes, I like the fast development between characters too!

Orris likes this.
  18. Tatiiz02

Tatiiz02 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I rarely read that kind of story, I only read the wife can’t escape but it just to much for me, I skip most the chapter