Spoiler What do you think of HSSB ending?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by UnknownSaint171, Jun 16, 2018.

1. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't help but myself but to look into it's Wikia. Dam i felt emotional and a bit teary. But not in a good way. Idk it left me very confused and a bit conflicted but i respect the Author wishes. I like that the Author avoided cliches in Novels but this time he went too far.. Maybe all we read in the 1k chapters were a waste..
    Spoiler so be warn.

He tells Yan Di his true identity and gives "Yan Zhaoge" soul back to him. Then you realized how happy Yan Di was when he had the family reunion for the first time but later learning it was all a lie.

It was awkward as heck when Yan Di and his "Mom" found out the truth. Both sides cutted off all ties.. All the "Family" moments were all like a dream to MC who had no one to begin with, except Feng Yunsheng. That's like a certain rule for Transmigration Novels. Never tell your previous life.Then again, not many translated CNs are finished so i can't really say.

The Author didn't have to do that. That was one of it's most appealing things about the Novel. I really wanted to see a happy family ending. What's worst, Yan Di and Wife never really attend his official marriage i think, since it only happen after he founded out the truth about MC

The bad reviews on the Novel makes sense now. Kinda makes me sad. I too feel like raging a bit lol. But i guess I'll vent a bit. Idk what are your thoughts? Anyways, i hope Author next work is better! Hopefully doesn't disappoint....

Blitz likes this.
  2. strucker543

strucker543 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that fucking sucks.....im gonna have to drop it now, in every novel ive read when the mc admits who they are the story is ruined straight away

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  3. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the author took us into a wild goose chase of 1k chapters for the mother but to only become irrelevant later on. Sigh i hope the Author next work is better then this

4. heroeric

heroeric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do other characters react when they learn that about Yan Zhaoge true identity

5. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    That sucks a lot... but I agree, I understand why that ending makes sense. I'm guessing MC was hoping that they'd still accept him as family (even it was a long shot), only for them to let him down at the end.

At least he has Feng Yunsheng. And his panda. And I hope he has Ah Hu by his side, too.

Note: Not all transmigrators in cnovels get off worse for having told the truth -- we get happy endings in some het and danmei novels. But then again, those focus on romance more than action.

6. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i put it on hold in chapters 16xx-17xx if i'm not mistaken so i lost all of this drama but now that i have read your spoiler i find everything really weird and downplayed, well the mc could have tell them the true, but there was no reason for this entire drama, even if the original "son" was killed in the plot, was not the MC faulty at all, and even more; even if is the original son one; lived only for short 10-20 years, i do not even remember how old they are when the mc took his body but was earlier 20 at max if i'm not mistaken, where the mc took the reigns on his hands for thousands of years and saved his and everyone asses multiples times, even more when they are at their minor realms, so the MC in the end changing their relationship from father/son to Master/student was plausible and acceptably since he could feel guilty about being more or less responsible for killing their son so he wanted to create distance between them and give the new soul(real son) and chance to take his rightful place , (searched for further spoilers/ skipped chapters for this information and was the breaking point in the END) and in the end Yan Di asked for a time to think about this new segment of Master/student and the novel ended so i do not see it as complete bad ending as everyone seems to think, at least if i base myself with the later spoilers i searched after finding this post; i find it depends on the reader and what they think about; for me Yan Di asked for a time to think about was because he really did not wanted to change their relationship from father/son to master/student but the mc way of speaking(formal way of speaking of a master/student and creating a distance between them ) forced him to do so, so he was conflicted because of this, if he should fight for his "son" or let the relationship transform in the master/student one, but the novel ended before we got the answer.
    where i do agree that some may see this end as not so happy family reunion, as i stated before i believe is a good ending since it gave us this type of discussion and of course it made us think about what those last few chapters means and i myself already wrote what i thought about it, that he was not really wanting to accept this, but the mc made a choice for him and he wanted more or less to respect it, or at least think if he should or not respect it in the end, but as the novel ended we will never know for sure.

Ps: the parts like this is my personal opinion(interpretation) about the end from spoilers/chapter so do not take it as real spoiler, only my interpretation of it all other parts that i mention is real spoiler!.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  7. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't got around to MTL'ing the ending, but that's an interesting take on it! It's happier than a simple split for sure! :aww:

8. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Realistic reaction from the parents since they been lied to and knowing their son is dead.

9. TooLazyToThink

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he also left Feng Yunsheng?

10. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    no, as there was no reason to; he meets her after he had taken the body and the only guy she ever meet was the mc as well; there was no previous relationship nor anything like that so there was no reason to leave her as there was no guilty feelings about the transmigration and once we add that their love was caused because the start of the relationship where he helps to heal her injury and tenacious spirit and mind she showed in the mix of those extreme healing(torture) techniques we can say that they only have fallen in love because he was HIM in the end and there was nothing about fate and so on (since fate's and destiny are pretty common tropes in those novels) so simple put there is nothing that could have change their relationship in any way by the mc taking the guy's body since everything really have come from the MC and not the environment around him and thus there is no bad feelings or guilty to make him leave her!.

Poor_Hero and scriptor like this.
  11. TooLazyToThink

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't understand the ending in the mtl. Did he return the soul of the original zhaoge and made a body for him then as he was about to leave, his wife stop him right?

12. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    he wanted to go to being above the world matters or something; that is similar as being/gaining enlightenment in cultivation novel: this is not the same as leaving/going away and is seem more as gaining a level/rank up but having some downsides where he can not interference with that world anymore or realms , of course the entire details of how the author would use the "being above the world matters " is also not explored in a lot of ways in this novel because it ended, so we do not know the entire details but in the end he gave up for now because of his wife and so on.
    on a side note: his other novel also have leaving the world matters/gaining enlightenment type of scenery in the end as well: where once the mc reached the end cultivation rank on his world and did everything he had to do and could do ; he left that complete universe/realm; and the author used this here as well, so the better answer i can give you is if we use the information on his other novel as i stated above since on this one he did not gave a lot of clues.