Novel What do you want from me? I'm just a god!

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by janoi, Apr 21, 2018.

1. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you want from me? I'm just a GOD!

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/17792/what-do-you-want-from-me-im-just-a-god

Synopsis:

The creator's hobbies is creating mortal species, worlds, dimensions, and observed them. After some time he find himself creating too much to look after, he start creating divine being to help him lessen the work load. Aesir is one of them.

Demon king: Oh god, Why did you create me and then create the hero to slay me?

Aesir: I didn't creat anything! I'm a GOD, not a prophet! I can't see the future, how am I suppose to know that you will turn into a demon king and the hero will be born !!!

Genre: Comedy(?), Fantasy, Adventure, Male Lead, Slice of life.

Author note: still testing the concept of the story. Will continue or change the direction depending on feed back.

Author note2: Please leave a comment if you like my work. Every encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Table Of Contents

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 Pilot

Where am I?

Everything around me is pure darkness, not a single speck of light can be seen. I am not even sure if my eyes are open or close. It feel like I am falling but at the same time standing on a hard surface. Kind of a weird feeling, really.

What is this place? How did I get here? Who am I?

I try to reach out and feeling my surrounding but there are only nothingness. I keep trying to reaching and moving around my surrounding.

This is a pain. Where are the light switches? Would something die if I get some light around here? Come on! Give me some light!

As I thought that, everything around me start to change. The whole space light up in a blink of an eye. From pure darkness where I can’t see my own hands to the white space of infinite horizon. The sky, the floor, everything is just pure white. I feel like a friend would just show up and pop up to shout ‘surprise’ anytime now. But nobody came.

There are nothing in here. And I mean nothing at all. I don’t even know where the floor end or the sky start. Just like looking at white paint on an endless wall. This starting to give me the creep. What the hell is this place? Why am I even here? And where is the exit? More importantly, who am I? I wish there is a mirror so I can see myself.

Silently, a mirror just materialized out of thin air! What the hell?!? Am I being prank?

A two meter tall mirror just stood there out of nowhere like it has always been there from the start. I circle round the mirror and it just floating there in the air with no attachment to anything whatsoever.

How? Magic? Wait a second. Is this like one of those light novels I read before? Am I being transfer to another world? Then will there be a beautiful goddess welcoming me? I’m personally want her to be the big breast onee-san type but I’m fine with the loli type too. Now show yourselves!

I stood there waiting for the goddess that supposed to show up with a big smile saying ‘Oh hero. My world is in great danger, please help me.’

What feel like an hour passed but no one show up. Is she caught up in the divine traffic or something? She sure is late. Call your manager! I want to have a word with the heaven’s HR!

Joke aside, nobody really going to show up? At this point I’m ok with any god, devil or even heaven’s janitor. Please don’t just drop me here and leave me alone. I’m lonely.

Alright, if no one is coming then so be it. I turn my attention back to the floating mirror. If they are late then I’ll entertain myself in the meanwhile then. Now let’s see how handsome I am. I’m sure my future harem wife will be head over heels for me.

What I saw is beyond my expectation. Forget the fact that I am not a guy, I’m not even a girl or humanoid shape being at all. What I see is just some kind of a mass of plasma. Image something like a 2 meter tall slime monster make out of blue plasma wiggling around, yep that’s me. How did I not notice or even check my hand when they turn on the light?

I touch my own reflection in the mirror just to be sure that it’s really is me. Try pulling my own body. Nope, doesn’t hurt. Does that mean this is a dream? But can this body feel pain in the first place? Slime in the stories are usually have pain nullification. Does that also apply? What am I going to do? How do I turn back into human? Am I even human in the first place?

So many question keep flooding my confusing non-existing brain. I need to claim down first. Let’s see. What can I do with this body? It sure is stretchy. I feel like I can mold myself, somehow. Let’s go with that.

I try image my glob of a hand to be more humanoid hands. Hey, it work! This is kind of fun. Now on to the legs. Hmmm. Not bad, not bad. I feel like my mentality is that of a man so of course I need to be handsome. Let’s add more muscles in the right place. Nice. Those abs and biceps look good.

I keep playing around with my modification for a while. Sadly my non-existing brain is not that great at making face so I’ll leave it as a blank mannequin head for now. I don’t know how long I will be here, the only thing I have plenty of is time. I might be able to make a perfect handsome face, someday. Surely, right?

Now my problem is the fact that I’m still naked. I’m showing my ‘asset’ too much which make me feel uncomfortable. I may be a blob of plasma slime but I still have shame, you know? I wish there are cloth for me to wear. I slightly hope that it will magically appeared like the mirror and turn around. It really is there! This is awesome!

Talking about classy. The clothes that floating there sure is nice. It is a full set of black suit and red tie together with shiny black shoes and white undershirt. It’s the kind that you normally see in some fancy business man or a super spy movie. The material is nice to the touch too. Now I look like a sci-fi suit rental shop mannequin display. It’s not too bad but I will probably give a few people nightmare if I show up moving in horror movies.

What to do now? There’s nothing here. I wonder if I can order some food. Alright. I want a cheeseburger, a large fried and a cup of cola please. Whao! It just appeared like that! Things I want just pop up like someone just add it in in a single video frame. No visual effect, no sound. Just ‘poof’ like that. That’s convenient. It taste alright, nothing too fancy but not bad either. Let’s try something else. Fried chickens! T-bone steaks! Taco!

‘…bie’

Huh? Did I heard something? Must be my imagination.

‘… can… me… bie?’

This is annoying. It sound like there’s an old TV static in my ears. Leave me alone, I’m having fun with this online ordering. I wonder if I can ask for a weird food like a whole roasted elephant.

‘Newbie! Answer me, dammit!’

Whoa? Who was that? That’s scared me. Who are you and where are you? Why do you sound like a middle age white collar worker of a dead end job?

‘That’s … oddly specific. Anyways. Hello newbie. Sorry I left you alone for so long. The traffic here is very bad. There was a mass genocide, the whole river Styx and the reincarnation system is going nuts. That cat lady keep blocking the lane saying she’s looking for her cats. What’s with the rage about cat nowadays anyway? I personally prefer dogs. They are…’

Wait. There really were traffic jam? I was just only kidding. But seriously can you please stop rambling about the cats and your preference? Who are you?

‘Right. My name is Jeff and I’m your senior in godhood. I am currently talking to you telepathically since it would take be at least another hour just to get out of this jam. I am supposed to be your mentor until some higher up deem you worthy as a proper god.’

Godhood? You mean I am a god?

‘Technically you are not yet a god. You are consider a full-fledged god when you have a decent amount of worshipers and have choose your divine authority. You are what we called divine being.’

Divine being, as in angel?

‘That’s one way to put it. Let’s go with that.’

Alright. What is this divine authority you are talking about? How do I get it?

‘Divine authority is basically your responsibility. Think of it as a job. You choose your own responsibility which will be representing your power. When your worshipers pray for you corresponding to your divine authority, you may or may not grant them their wishes. In turn, their gratitude to you in any form will become your payment back and increase your divinity. In other word, the more divinity you have, the stronger you become. This is how you move up the ladder and if you want, become one of the main gods.’

Ok. So how do I choose my authority and get my worshipper?

‘That’s up to you.’

Meaning?

‘Well… there are many ways to get what you want. I know this one guy who called himself the god of vacation. He split his divinity to descending himself to the mortal world he looking after. Now his divided self is operation the largest touring agency in that world. You can do whatever you want. It’s not like without a proper authority, you can’t use your power. They just get boosted afterward with worshipers’ gratitude. Your worshiper doesn’t even need to be human, just a sentient being is enough. For example, the majority of the god of sea worshipers are mermaids, krakens and sentient aquatic species.

That’s… interesting.

‘Let me warn you though, you can have the same authorities with other gods but do not step onto their boundary. Gods have their own territories that they are operating on. Do not go on to their worlds and try to steal their worshiper with the same or similar authority. They will take it as a challenge and an angry ancient god won’t be playing nice.’

Thank you for the warning.

‘Is there anything else you want to know?’

Oh right! This might be a bit late but who am I?

‘You? Nobody.’

Nobody? I mean I have some kind of memories in my head and all. Who am I used to be?

‘Oh, that. When our big boss create all of us, and I mean the creator by the way. He think it’s a pain to creating new gods to lessen his work for look after countless being of mortals from a blank stage. His hobbies involve creating worlds with different beings and observe them but after a time the number of his creations are getting out of hand. He didn’t want to stop his hobbies so he create us. He want something that ready to work and have fast understanding so he pick out some passing mortals experiences in the reincarnation system and add it to the created being. So don’t worry about it.’

So all my experiences and personality are someone else’s?

‘Yes and no. Yes, it was someone else’s experience. And no, that personality is truly your own now. It’s like when a child born, they get experience from what other teach them but what they think and like is their own choice. Don’t think too much. After all you are technically just a new born child.’

That’s a bit confusing but I’ll leave it at that.

‘That’s the spirit! Oh, if you don’t have anything else, I got a date tonight. That Goddess Amelia of sleep is one fine woman, I tell you. I hope we won’t have to use her authority tonight, if you know what I mean. Wish me luck! If you need me, go look for me at the heaven HR. Ask for Jeff, the god of painting. I’ll catch you later.’

Wait! We have HR department? Where the hell is that?

I feel like some kind of link got cut and I can’t hear him anymore so he probably already gone. What now? I know I am a god, or close enough. But how do I go about this?

Let’ get thing in order then. I am a god. Assuming that those magical food ordering is part of my power, I wonder what else I can do. I’ll leave the part of authority and worshiper to be for later. I don’t even know how to go about it anyway.

That self-proclaimed mentor guy call himself Jeff. He doesn’t seem to be a bad guy but not too reliable either. He said we have HR so that must mean we have other department as well as other place apart from this white space I’m in. I want to check that out.

Then I realize one problem. I don’t have a name!

The person Jeff call big boss seem to be the creator or some being who create other divine being like me. Does that mean I am his son? Whatever. The thing is he’s not here to name me so it’s fine to name myself, right?

What should I name myself? Hmmm…

Oh, I know!

From this day on, I shall be known as … Aesir

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, judging from the synopsis, MC ruined the story real fast. The opening is nice, like your typical story, linear and straight, no skip here and there and end up some weird shit, the synopsis however becomes a major spoiler.

Einon and janoi like this.
  4. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. I try to play with the concept of the god(or goddess) keep messing around with people on a wimp with MC in other story as their liking. This one is that the god himself don't really know what he's doing and those world people think that the MC is messing with them. That synopsis is one possible point in the story that I think of and not in stone yet.

0000000 likes this.
  5. MasHEDpotato

MasHEDpotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 sounds interesting!

6. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its pray not prey.

Einon and janoi like this.
  7. bassa

bassa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    didn't even reach the halfway point.
    So he does not remember his name but he remembers that he read ln's lol

Princess Renesmee and Yukki576 like this.
  8. Yukki576

Yukki576 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting concept and first chapter, but reading it made the english nazi inside of me want to surface

9. Kuronairo

Kuronairo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pointing mistakes helps people actually xD , I was Always doing a mistake about a word in french. Every Time my Friend would point my mistake so at some point I finally stopped spelling thé word wrongly.

10. Dravileo

Dravileo Imofever never end

Reading List:
    Link
    i want a girlfriend kami-sama.
    it's interisting concept, need some more exposure

11. Yukki576

Reading List:
    Link
    but actually pointing them out half kills the author internally so i try not to do it, if it's bad then i'll just drop it but if it's decent i'll try to adapt or just low key hey uh you've got some error here or there

12. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do kill us. XD Don't know about other people but I'm just an asian person who reading a lot of translated novel and want to give it a try. Of course my english is bad but hey, every little bit help.

13. Liya

Liya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A prophet couldn't see the futures if it's not by god's will. o.o

janoi likes this.
  14. Yukki576

Reading List:
    Link
    this just. blew my mind. what. (in relation to this story)

15. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't want to clarify this much but since it still in early concept and I still want opinion, It was a joke in and of itself. The god(s) in this story are not omnipotent and omnipresent. They are powerful but still with limit. The MC wasn't suppose to know what's he doing and this is just his slice of life shenanigans. It wasn't supposed to make sense but, is it that bad in term of common sense and comedy?

16. Yukki576

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh i just remembered something

You mentioned that the senior dude asked MC to not tread on other gods worlds/territories, so does this mean that there are multiple worlds? Will there be any *random person barges through World A for reason* or *God from some world coming over to MC's world to visit/make fun of MC/something worth faceslapping*
    Is inter-dimension transportation/travelling a thing? Is the world MC going to be in charge of western style? or idk pick a trope

random thoughts at 3am

17. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I can't answer that. That's going into future detail too much. I can't just spoiled my own creation. But I can answer some of it since it's already confirm in the pilot and synopsis already. There are multiple worlds and dimensions. The rest, I won't either confirm or denied. I will take that as a possible suggestion tho.

18. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 HR

Hi! Aesir here. Have you ever wonder what’s it like to be a god? In my opinion, it just like being any other being. Gods are god and humans are humans. If you want the more accurate answer, just ask yourself this; what’s it like to be a human? We are just being ourselves. Nothing more, nothing less.

------------------------------------

It’s a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing. Flowers are blooming. On days like this, god like me should get my adventure starting!

Alright, I lie. There are no birds nor flowers, not even the sky. I’m still stuck in my infinite white space with only a floating mirror and a tiny mountain of food. I don’t know the way out. Being a newborn god have it ups and downs. The good thing is that everything seem new and interesting. The bad thing is you stuck in your birthplace like an unborn chick.

I try walking in a straight line away from the mirror. It didn’t work. Funny things, really. I feel like I walked away for about 10 minutes before turning around just to see that the mirror is still only 5 meters away. Walk for another 10 minutes and turn around; the mirror is still at 5 meters. I tried to be smart by walking backward. No matter how fast or slow I go, the mirror and the food remain the same distant. So I walk back to them and it work this time. What kind of sorcery is this?

Let’s think again. I’m a god. I should have power for this. How do I get out of here? I wish my ‘mentor’ would have taught me the basic on how to be a god or how to use my power properly. I hope he get kick by a horse. For crying out loud, at least give me a manual please.

*plop*

A book pop out in front of me. The title said, ‘Newborn’s power for dummies. Simple step to use your power even an idiot can follow’.

My plasma pressure is raising a little. I wonder what kind of person wrote a book like this so I flip it around and turning speechless. It said ‘written by Jeff, The handsome god of Art and Painting.’ Alright. If a horse won’t kick you, I will gladly do it then.

I silently sigh to myself and open the book. At least the inside look decent. It explain that the basic to use my power is imagination. Create a clear image of what you want to happen and try to command the reality to follow your command. He explain that there are something he named it as ‘particles’ in the surrounding everywhere. By sending your command to them, they will do your bidding. He does get into some in-depth theories and explanation but it’s too complicated so I’ll omitted them.

Basically you command those particles to take shape and effect yourself or the surrounding. There are 3 reasons you may fail to use power. First is that your command or image is not clear enough. Second is your divinity is too low to command a larger amount of particles. And the third is when another god with much higher divinity overwrite your command, either to change or cancel your command. This is one of the reason why many gods with high divinity are to be feared.

Seem interesting enough. I will try it out then. Talking about getting out of somewhere, the basic is a door, right? I try imaging a big door. It’s heaven here so of course the color should be white and gold. Somehow, this concept do remind me of a certain blue robot cat’s magical door.

Please connect to HR. Please connect to HR. Please connect to HR. Now, OPEN SESAME!

Golden light beams shooting out of the door gaps before it swing open with a loud boom. Golden dust flowing out everywhere. I may or may not have added too much special effects and will rethink on that. More importantly, it work!

What I see beyond the door is vastly different from my own white space. There are many waiting chairs and what seem to be service counters. The whole room is decorated in white and green and oddly look like your average office front from my implanted memories.

However, what seem to get most of my attentions are the ‘people’ inside. I know they supposed to be other gods and as a plasma mannequin myself, I probably shouldn’t be saying this but they aren’t what you can really call people. Some of them are humanoid shape like a normal human or elf from stories but the others are very … I would say, creative in their character creation.

That man by the counter is an eagle face gold fish swimming in his floating sphere fish bowl. By his side is a bipedal cat who keep looking dangerously into the bowl. He should try to hide his dripping saliva. Are they friend? Can they even be friend? There are also other interesting gods like the ice sculpture man and the walking rose flower.

I keep looking left and right, not knowing what to do until I made eye contact with that floating gold fish. He seem surprised at first but then his eagle beak turn into a smile (or what I think is a smile). His whole fish bowl float toward me follow by that bipedal cat.

“Hi. Never seen you here before. Newborn?”

The gold fish greet me with a smile. How is he speaking with a beak? His voice even sound so deep.

Yes. I’m a newborn god. First time here.

“Boy. You got to learn to speak. Using telepath every time is tiring.”

Oh right. Even since I was born, I haven’t speak a single word before. To be more accurate, I don’t even have a mouth. I try splitting a slit on my mannequin face where the mouth should be. That should do the trick.

“aa… ah… oh….”

I testing out my newly created mouth. It seem working fine so now I should be able to talk.

“Hello senior. I’m a newborn god. My name is Aesir.”

I try to start off being polite but something I said seem to make this fish surprised.

“You name yourself? Already?”

“Um, yes. Is something wrong?”

“Boy. Nothing’s wrong but normally it’s easier to use a name your worshipers call you than let them know your name. Many newborn do this.”

“Oh I see. By the way, who are you?”

“I am Ooga of the river and that cat god there is Slit”

“…”

“Don’t mind him. He doesn’t talk much. What are you doing here today, boy?”

“I was just born and my ‘mentor’ has ran off to his date so I’m checking out what he call the HR.”

“Seriously? Bad luck for you, boy. Follow me I’ll take you to the official”

I follow the floating bowl to one of the counter. Ooga using his bowl to knock on the counter to waking up the lady behind the counter.

“Get up, Amelia. Work.”

Amelia? As in the Amelia the goddess of sleep that Jeff talking about? Could there be gods with the same name?

I look at Amelia who’s slowly getting up from the counter. If she is the same person that Jeff mention then he wasn’t lying. She have healthy brown skin, curvy shape, no access fat, plentiful chest, long glossy beautiful hair, and … a horse face? Not the horse face like ugly person but a literally horse head? I was stunned by the sight.

I’m sorry Jeff. When I said I hope you get kick by a horse, I didn’t really mean it. Judging by how she is here, if they are the same person I don’t think Jeff had a successful date.

“How can I help you?” Amelia said, half awaked.

“This might be a strange question but do you happen to know the god of painting, Jeff?”

“The annoying one? Yes.” She’s the same person! I do feel bad for you, Jeff.

“Please get to the point, I’m tired.”

“Yes. Sorry. I’m Aesir and I’m a newborn god. What do we do here?”

“You choose your … bed…” Amelia keep falling back to sleep. Luckily Ooga is there to wake her up.

“Boy, this is where you are designated to a world where you will be establish your worshiper base.”

“Base?”

“That’s right. There are so many gods and goddess. It will be a total chaos if they can go to any worlds they want without supervised. Gods with certain position who want to move higher to be main gods of a certain authorities will have a duty, at least once, to manage and record which god go where for the creator. Amelia is one of them.”

“Amelia, you want to be a higher god?” I ask her since she doesn’t seem to be the type of person who want power.

“Um. Higher. Good. Long sleep time. No one annoyed.”

“What would it be then, boy? What type of world do you want to visit? A Civilized one with many other gods, the world of your mentor, or a new but empty one without other gods?”

I can choose to that extend? I thought they will choose for me or something along those line. Um. Which will be good? The world of my mentor is supposedly to be the safest choice. But Jeff doesn’t seem to be that reliable at all and I don’t feel like I want to work with him. A civilized world with many sentient being is not too bad to gain follower. However, with many gods that already have firm believer base there, I don’t think a newborn god like me can compete at all. Which leave me to the last choice, an empty one. Even if the potential for my follower will be low, I don’t have to be in conflict with other gods just yet. What’s the worst that could happen?

“I’ll take the empty one please.”

Amelia write something down in midair. Trails of golden light follow her finger tips to create some sort of unknown language before disappeared. Then she pass me a small glob the size of my palm. The inside take the shape of a small planet floating in a dark space like the one I saw from NASA documentary.

“Excuse me, is this the whole world?” I asked while holding the glob nervously. The whole planet won’t blow up just because I drop this, right?

“That’s the coordinated to D-248. That glob is not the actual planet but a compass pointing there”

So this is just a pointer to the planet I have to go to? Phew. Scared me for a second there. Just like how I got to the HR, I’ll probably have use this with my transporting door magic to get to that this D-248 planet. Why is it called D-248 anyway? Lazy naming sense?

“D-248?”

“New place. No name. Use code to identify.” Amelia answered me with her eyes almost close.

“The planet itself will be name by the resident. When many being on the planet acknowledge the name is high enough, the planet then shall be known as such.” Ooga clear Amelia’s answer for me.

“Boy, you better get going. A god with no divinity is no god. Good luck on your journey.”

“Alright. Good bye Amelia, Slit. Thanks for everything Ooga. I’ll see you again later.”

I say my farewell to the 3 gods, activated my transporting magic and jump back to my same old white space.

I look at the glob in my hand. The planet inside look so real. It is probably a miniature model representing the real planet. There are a few type of environment that can be seen from here like the ice continent or places that look like a desert and deep jungle. I can’t wait to check them out.

This is one of the creator’s creation and my task is to look after it. Too bad I forgot to ask that to what extend do we looking after them. Is it fine as long as the planet don’t face destruction? Or do I have to look after the being on the planet as a whole? Oh well. I can always ask them another time.

I try to relax and calm my excitement. I can’t wait to go to D-248. What kind of place will I end up in? Or what kind of being will I face? Will they be able to talk with me or will they just attack me straight away? I keep thinking back to everything I experienced so far and I learn something.

That sly god, Jeff, lied to me! We can teleport straight to place we want to. There are no such a thing as traffic in heave! He make me waited for him for no freaking reason at all!!!

I’ll remember this.

erowarrior, Einon and BlackCat137 like this.
  19. Yukki576

Reading List:
    Link
    wanted to point out that he didn't use 'transportation magic' to reaching HR, he came in via a door he created to connect to that side. so you might wanna tweak that return method a little? also is the door still there or did it disappear?

20. Einon

Einon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *squints*

Do I spy an Undertale reference? :p