Question What is the most addictive novel you have read?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Costronaut, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Costronaut

Costronaut Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell guys!

What is the most addictive novel you have ever read?

So that I can also try reading it

Mine is Qt: blackened male lead is sweet and exploded..

2. Undying Winter

Undying Winter ❅ Avid Enjoyer of Trash ❅

Reading List:
    Link
    Invisible Dragon[​IMG]
    I lost all hope for humanity after reading this, but it was addicting so I guess it counts.​

3. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine is also a quick transmigration. It's the Cannon Fodder's Record of Counterattacks. My gawd I was obsessed.

4. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Check my signature

Costronaut likes this.
  5. Stripedhatbecomesgay

Stripedhatbecomesgay Guess who’s a super good spammer? It’s me!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, probably Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka or Female General and Eldest Princess

Steamc, eeeee and Costronaut like this.
  6. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine is How to Survive As a Villain. The manhua is also good.

7. Addictedtoreading

Addictedtoreading Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're talking about online novels I think it would be Coiling Dragon. This was one of the first online novels I read and the first Cultivation novel. At that time there were not too many online novels available and certainly not many completed ones. I read it quite a few times. It was a different type of novel from the ones I usually read. I was waiting for each chapter update (translation was still ongoing). I don't do that anymore. It's been several years since I read it, but at that time I found it very addictive.

I have also had quite a few published novels I have been addicted to, like the early novels by Jude Deveraux, Kathleen Woodiwiss (i.e. A rose in winter) and Julie Garwood (i.e. The Bride).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  8. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Necropolis Immortal.

The author has very few plot holes and there is usually a lot happening. The MC discovers so much lost history that the occasional pointless faceslapping chapters are actually a relief.

Etvolare also did a really good job with translating terms. My last 1-2 weeks have been sunk into reading 1700 chapters of this series.

Ask me next month and I'll probably have a different answer though. Before Necropolis Immortal, it was Martial King's Retired Life; The Eldest Martial Sister Gave up Treatment; and Unscientific Beast Taming haha.

9. Costronaut

Costronaut Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also addicted to it at some point of time

We have completely genre tho

Mine was young master mo, are you done kissing?
    It's was too long

Is it a bl? I will try it

10. Hs9644

Hs9644 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The second coming of gluttony was my first fantasy novel and I still remember everypart of story

11. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, Coiling Dragon was my choice of drug in the early days, too. I can't recall reading that many of Garwood's novels (and while I recognize the other names, I don't remember having read any of their novels), but I did really like Honor's Splendour. Do you like Amanda Quick's novels, by any chance?

Steamc likes this.
  12. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of learning

It's finished now, but back when it was still updating, it did so slowly.
    If any other novel had updated once a month? I'd prolly forget about it and lose the thread of the story. But MoL had me hooked and anticipating any release for days whenever the date was approaching, lol

13. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Running away from the hero!
    Baka to test to shoukanjuu
    Overlord
    Rise of the shield hero
    Mushoku tensei
    My Maid Mai
    Nananaka's paradise

14. Addictedtoreading

Addictedtoreading Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, i read all of Amanda Quick's and Jayne Ann Krentz and Jayne Castle's novels (all are same author). I have read lots of historical novels incl. Honor's Splendour (also read all historical novels by Julie Garwood). Liked that one a lot as well. There are a few of her I didn't like that much though, like the roses series.
    If you want more historical novel authors, then I could also recommend Judith McNaught, Johanna Lindsey (more smut), Susan Carroll, Shannon Drake, Heather Graham, Lynn Kurland and Stephanie Laurens. There are many more, but these are a few I liked.

DojaDoge and otaku31 like this.
  15. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I definitely recognize many of the authors here and have probably read some of their books. Funnily enough, the only book that has stayed in my memory is one of McNaught's contemporary romance titles, the one about an accused actor on the run... the name escapes me at the moment. I no longer prefer the more serious or melo-dramatic titles, opting instead for light-hearted stuff like Julia Quinn's (not the Bridgerton series, though it wasn't too shabby).

Edit: The name's 'Perfect'.

16. Deleted member 314196

Deleted member 314196 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  17. moonlhgt

moonlhgt ~Is in la la land~

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of the Strongest Female Emperor

Its a pretty normal Female lead cultivation plot but I loved it. Read it from the beginning to the very end. I don't like any of the other recurring plots like this one, but this one had me sold. The fls personality stayed the same throughout, the ml wasn't stronger than her really. The only thing was the novel started going really fast towards the end

18. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    The Isekai Adventures of Fu though it's not translated yet. It's just a series of 15 short stories about a guy who goes to another world with a bugged-out inventory. Each story is the same guy, same ability, same setting, same characters, same world events but the stories end up different because the starting point is slightly different so the protagonist has different experiences. It's just some kind of junk food reading and I've re-read the entire thing about 5-6 times already and I don't see myself taking it out of my reading rotation any time soon. It got moved to the R-18 side despite originally having no explicit scenes, so the author added a few short explicit scenes where he originally faded to black in one or two of the stories.

I suppose its charm point is that each story is compact, so the author doesn't have room to add too much of the tropes I dislike, like misunderstandings, romance interference, fanservice, etc. Meanwhile, we get to see the world and each recurring character from different angles, and even the cheat ability gets understood better over several stories. I would say "it's nice that you can read each story separately" but I've never been able to read just one at a time.

MusicFromMiles likes this.
  19. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh it depend from the person to person
    But still
    Some of the novels that I read continuously ( without opening more novels in other tabs lol and not getting bored )

The strongest system
    Ultimate scheming system
    Everyone else is a returnee
    Dragon marked war god
    Solo leveling
    Ascending to the heaven as an evil god
    Reincarnation Paradise

20. Djie

Djie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ultimate Scheming System was quite a ride, and Solo Leveling is so popular im a bit afraid reading it. I'll try some of the novels in this lists since im bored and if its anything similar to Ultimate Scheming System then i look forward to it.

hehehehehe

Steamc and absenior19 like this.