Movie What movie/film did you watch recently?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 16, 2015.

1. KellyGrin

KellyGrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aquaman, thought it was better than most in this series of comic book films, good effects and fights, was entertained for the whole length of the film without being bored

Bird Box. 9/10.
    Loved it.

Completely different from your ususal start, middle and ending films. I notice a lot of American reviews are slating it because it's doesn't wrap everything up nicely.
    THAT'S why I liked it so much. Very brave for them to do that these days.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019
  2. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to eat your Pancreas - Both Animated film and Live action at the same time, so I watched a 2-hour movie for 4-hours because of that, I did it because I don't wanna get spoiled watching different adaptation.

It's quite rare to see a Live Action which is good and equal to its animated counterpart, that said I think that I won't enjoy both movies if I didn't watch them at the same time, both series lacks what the other had, overall both movies were good, but both of them were not really up to my expectations, I give them 5.5/10

3. KellyGrin

KellyGrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Vice 8/10
    Bale is superb as Dick Cheney.

4. gomeshelen

gomeshelen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Watched The Sister Brothers 2018 last night, decent enough western yarn with Joaquin Phoenix and John C Reilly, slow burner but great performances from both leads 7/10

5. Marfi09

Marfi09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Incredibles 2 (2018)
    8/10

6. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched The Snow Queen (1957) animated movie twice, once with the English dub and the other with English Subtitles. Just to remind myself that just because DCU Titans is a depressingly corny show doesnt mean everything has to be doom and gloom all the time. Gotta wash off that edgy grit with the power of love.

Reign of the Supermen. I watched it for Superboy but Steel is a cool dude, those two are the real stars of the movie for me. (I also spent a minute being offended for the Titans' behalf but whatever, the Justice League banter was comedy gold)

I also tried out Gotham by Gaslight but it didn't grab me since I already seen a much fun movie with Detective Conan: Phantom of Baker Street years ago. I also prefer Black Butler's Jack the Ripper storyline over Batman's. But hey at the least the Robins were cute. Selina and Leslie were great.

Note that I've never read the original source material of the three movies so I'm judging them solely from what I watched. I do have a book of Hans Christian Andersen's fairytales on hand though.

Last year was pretty much a whirlwind of Kamen Rider movies for me. Fun times.

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    My Girlfriend is an Agent - Turns out I watched it before.
    Marriage Blue - Another Korean movie

Can We Get Married - felt like a Chinese remake of Marriage Blue but I cared for only one out of the four couples unlike Marriage Blue which I cared for 3 out of 4.

AsianCrush YouTube channel is getting me interested in watching movies again even though I have seen most already lol. A new perspective now that I am older and less innocent wiser is not bad

8. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Morning: Bohemian Rhapsody
    Afternoon: Ralph Breaks the Internet
    Night: Pitch Perfect 1

9. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1999 Nen no Natsuyasumi

10. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [BLEACH] Live Action Movie. When your new mom (mentor) is a pint sized midget who can rock a high school uniform, everyone thinks you're dating. I enjoyed it buts it's more like a compressed form of what should have been a TV series.

Those looking for cool fights and monsters would have more luck in the GARO franchise, specifically the original series. It has similar concepts but better. Jabi is a kickass childhood friend.

11. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    The Red Pill, a movie that I forgot to watch last year only to remember it now, it's about gender politics about Men's Right Movement or MRA with the same concept of "The Futurist: The Misandry Bubble" which talks about the silenced struggle of men's problem, especially in the western world.

12. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    murder on the orient express

13. RickyTheKind

RickyTheKind 『Isekai Pending』

Reading List:
    Link
    Last Movie I watched is Aquaman, at the CINEMA

14. gomeshelen

gomeshelen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just watch LA. Confidential for the first time.
    What an amazing film, and equally amazing performances from the prominent actors.

15. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    I decided to bing oscars movie this week, so here's what I've watch as of now.
    Bohemian Rhapsody - quite insightful, psychological stress is real, unlike David Bowie who's strong enough to live in truth, Freddie didn't have the courage which led him to his downfall, but I still love the guy.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - one of the best animated movies right now, no wonder why it got the Oscars, so freaking damn lit, it's the highest rated spider-man movie and still a popular movie right now, totally worth the watch. Can't wait to re-watch it in Japanese Dub(if I can get its pirated version)

16. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan had just watched Beyond White Space just half an hour ago. Ai-chan would say it's almost a waste of time. If not because of the beautiful special effects, ship design and cinematics, it would've been a complete waste of time. After watching the movie, Ai-chan learned that the director is the visual FX veteran Ken Locsmandi, which explains why the graphics are beautiful but everything else sucked dick.

Spoiler below.

Despite how bad it is, Ai-chan managed to pull through to the end. And that's only because of the actor who played the protagonist and his first mate. The movie is beautiful too, Ai-chan has to give it that, because everything visual about the movie, from the ship design to the special effects to the cinematics were beautiful.

Unfortunately, the script could've gotten some more critique before they finalized it. The whole cast apart from the captain, the first mate and the pilot (however much we see of her character) was inanely retarded you'd believe if the creators state their ages as 12 years old.

Let's start with the special agent, even before she got on the ship, her mere stalking of the captain almost got the captain killed, despite him not knowing yet that she would be on the ship. Then she transmitted a communique which said nothing in the middle of pirate space, it's like all her special agent training didn't teach her that communications can be easily intercepted.

And then during the critical moment in a battle with the space whale, she shut down the weapon, causing the captain's brother to die. And she later said, "I'm sorry for your loss". Damn shit! You were the one who killed him, yet you dare act like it's not your problem? Ai-chan would have kicked you half to death then shove you out the airlock for the many times you sabotaged my ship and endangered the life of my crew. And out of all people, she's the only one who lives despite being the reason they all had to hunt the dragon thing? Had she not sent that empty transmission, they would've all arrived home.

Then there's the captain's brother. He's like a walking hormonal boy at puberty. Ai-chan bets he didn't even have pubic hair. From start to the end of the story, he's been acting immature over and over again. He and the agent are so similar to each other in how both acted like mentally-challenged kids unable to see their own faults. They really suited each other.

The other characters were only in it for the flavour. The black guy was there as the side antagonist creating conflict. Ai-chan can understand where he's from, so Ai-chan won't roast him over what he did. The script-writer clearly wanted to put him in that role, so it's fine.

18. gomeshelen

gomeshelen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Robin Hood (2018)
    Good grief how/why did they even release this? Just terrible from the opening scene to the final credits. Casting/acting/script/wardrobe all wrong, poor, laughable and baffling.

19. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Bumblebee
    Johnny English Strikes Again

20. gomeshelen

gomeshelen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy Death Day - 6/10. Interesting spin on Groundhog Day, but the film wasn't sure what it wanted to be. Horror? Comedy? Sci-Fi?
    Liked the movie, dragged a little in the middle, but definitely worth a watch.