Discussion What novels 1000+ chapters are actually worth it?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by riririn, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazylady01

Lazylady01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ghost doctor and cultivation chat group is worth it, there are some others but forgot their titles

2. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind me, I'm here to read the food answers~

HentMas likes this.
  3. Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read any long novels that you enjoyed? What are they?
    • Not really, the longest one I red was Overgeared, which I droped at 5xx chapters
    Do you take the number of chapters into account before you start reading a novel?
    • I usually think more about if its finished and fully translated, cause I don't wanna start reading a 1000 chapter novel, get to chapter 400 and then wait for who knows how many years till it's fully translated.
    If you don't read long novels, why? What counts as "too long" for you? (Just curious if you think like me or if you have some other reasons lol.)
    • Nothing counts as too long, but if I'm gonna hop into that of a long ride, I have to be certain beforehand that it's really good, so I don't waste my time in a shitshow.

4. FourSeasons

FourSeasons (..)(・.)(: )(¨)( :)(.・)(..)

Reading List:
    Link
    yes. I used to read xianxia novels that have been translated earlier like by IET tho i didn't get to finish them. not even the Coiling Dragon which is the first novel that got me really hooked to xianxia.
    then at some point, i got addicted to quick transmigration novels. i've read almost all the BG QT novels with rating of 4 and above in NU. most of these novels are what i really managed to finish.

actually, most QT novels that i've read have short chapters so 1000+ chapters isn't that scary. i sometimes preferred as many chapters as possible meaning it has many arcs. XD
    also, each arc can be separated from the other so it's like several novels in a novel and i can skip some arcs. i preferred for each arc to have chapters around 40 and below. i made exceptions if after the reading the first arc, i saw that it's interesting and not dragging.

coz, i got over my addiction of QT novels for the time being.
    as for other types of novels that also have 1000+ novels, i'm not certain if i can help myself to read them in the near future.
    right now, 'too long' for me is above 200 chapters~

5. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I really enjoyed Xianxia back in 2015, damn it feels like decades. I don't even read novels with less than 1k chapters because they feel too short, that's how much I enjoy Xianxia. I stopped late 2016 coz' I got sick of it.

2. Yes, I rarely read novels with less than 200 chapters or under 20% of translation.

3. Honestly, as long as the author could sustain the quality. I prefer longer novels. It's so hard to find new novels to read.

4. When I like something, I eat it everyday until I get sick of it. I developed allergies to sea shells that way. Carby foods are my fave, I just love Carbs. Bread, pasta or fried rice.

riririn likes this.
  6. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 Coiling dragon(complete),hsdxd,Library of heaven path, Overgeared, Ark (do ark that long ),Lms (dropped),RSSG (hiatus)
    2.nope just read the descriptions if it good try(i sheldom drop a novel just put it in hold,and then forget it which if i remember read again)
    3.no novel really that long except untranslated novel
    4.tempe penyet
    English is not my native language srry for bad grammar

riririn likes this.
  7. whitespade

whitespade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I cannot stand Japanese style of writing it is so abrupt and stilted with too much onomatopoeia. However, unlike Chinese novels they don't get paid so they write whatever the heck they want so there's a lot of original and subversive elements. Also they don't have censorship so that helps.

Chinese novels is good because I know exactly what's inside so I could precisely choose the novels I like without getting surprised. They got paid by word count so it could be bloated but some novels have really poetic flair its a sin some translation butchered them.

Korean novels meanwhile is very straightforward with clear writing. Maybe because there's not much translated yet unlike CN and JP so we don't really get the trashiest trash.

8. whitespade

whitespade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. When I first read webnovels I could read all those superlong IET novels without stop. But with more choices as more people start translating I find my real love - trashy face slapping BG and BL novels so now I don't read much shounen action novels much. But I still recommend

Release that witch
    World of cultivation
    Ze tian ji
    Deadman wonderland
    Death sutra
    Throne of magical arcana

2. I dont take the COO chapters into account, but I take the translated chapters into account. Sometimes when I see the chapters are translated once a week with 100 chapters to go I just put them into a pause list. A lot of novels are in there, where I read whenever I remember them.

4. I love Thai foods.

animefan217 and riririn like this.
  9. joyshu

joyshu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you want a good novel with 1000+ chapter i recommend is pure love x insult complex. it's the only novel i read without skipping any part of it. i think this story has the best character growth. but don't read if you are under 18.
    my favourite part is there is no supernatural power with mc and the harem he has while is big but they actively play a role to play in the story and are not flower vases who do nothing

Gitami and riririn like this.
  10. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    only comedy novels that has comedy as it's main genre are worth it

i'm not talking novels with comedic element but tagged comedy as main genre like awe, sacred relic and so on that stops being funny after the first 10 chapters, but stuff like the strongest system, silly alchemist, and god level demon where it is constantly funny and not the same jokes repeated over and over again like AWE/lohp

riririn likes this.
  11. IlvFlame

IlvFlame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Yep, a couple, but I usually avoid them if they are extremely long, type 2000+, since I don't know if they were finished or if they were completely translated
    2) Yep
    3) 2000+
    4) Pasta (y)

12. philosopher17

philosopher17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long chapter ones usually lose their way but there are a few that continued to hold my interest.

Lord of the Mysteries - has only gotten better with time.

Pursuit of the Truth - well contained, well planned story that doesn't rely on constantly escalating stakes beyond initial world building dbz style.

Fulminata likes this.
  13. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I seconded Lord of Mysteroesm It's really good! And also, My House of Horror

14. H.H

H.H Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity
    The Magus Tech
    The Defeated Dragon
    Earl's Wizard
    The Arcane Lord

15. Carefree

Carefree Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check CFPD + WMW i liked wm both.

And SATS also i good choice if you want to relax and enjoy a novel there is no action or drama just a scientist with a system trying to understand the world better with some funny moments.
    GAW also a has some good points and you can read it to relax or to clear your mind
    It's about a chif in another world with a system trying to be the best chif in the world
    Good characters and good development and the author has a unique sense of humour.
    The only downside is that he gives the side characters much room to express their feelings.

Which i don't understand why most of novel out there have the same problem?
    Is it's to waste time or to write more or it's aimed at kids whom love what's called reactions or it's the author why to explain how good the thing the MC just did.

A good example is emperor domination a novel with+4k chapters and 3k of em side characters expressing their SHOCK. One of the worst novels i have ever read.

16. superdude201

superdude201 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing I learned is that to get over 1000 chapters; the author has to write a lot. The author will always end up with a crappy formula for their stories and keep repeating it ad infinitum (basically forever). Readers always eat them up because they are self insert power fantasies.
    All the famous Chinese and Korean web novels follow this.
    I am also guilty of reading these (reading thousands of chapters) until I realized how terrible these stories were.

17. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yup, they are Reverend Insanity, Warlock of the Magus World, and Overgeared... Though I don't know if they could be considered long.
    2. I used to not read any novel with 100 or less chapter.
    3. 3000 chapter is too much for me, probably because i haven't found the right novel.
    4. Corn and cheese.

18. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My house of horrors
    Legend of Randidly Ghosthound
    I shall seal the heavens
    My favorite food is Khinkali, Sacivi, or Chaqaphuli :D I highly doubt you've heard about these ones.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  19. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't recommend My house of horror enough
    Amber Sword and the author's new novel, but it's not being translated.

For Japanese I recommend Ascendancy of a bookworm, while it's under 800 chapters, the chapters themselves tend to be long and are not as watery(filler).

20. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chatgroup for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.